Geoff McCoy 6ft single-fin double-ender.

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Skipper
Duke Status

Re: Geoff McCoy 6ft single-fin double-ender.

Post by Skipper » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:26 pm

That sure is a beautiful board, in fact a work of art. And unlike Rewarts, seemingly fully functional.
I can appreciate that it's value is so high, but I'm curious to know who a typical? buyer for such a board is.... Weekend warrior?, local charger?, investmant banker, mystery surfer?...
And a general question to you guys..... if you had the coin for this, would you use it often?

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:40 pm

skipper wrote: I'm curious to know who a typical buyer for such a board is.... Weekend warrior?, local charger?, investmant banker, mystery surfer?...
And a general question to you guys..... if you had the coin for this, would you use it often?
All of the above.......if I cleaned the wax of my 5 board quiver, and give them a quick buff, they are mint......they would be worth more now, than when I built them, and if I wanted to sell them , they'd go quick .....there is currently boards in the pipeline that are aimed at the "more affordable" end of the market.......I am hoping that these will re-introduce the concept of the trade-in....something that disappeared around early 70s with the proliferation of the "disposable throw away surfboard".....we'll see.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:58 pm

cool, thanks.