Summer of ASurf

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Summer of ASurf

Post by pridmore » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:04 pm

its all about planing area so I am not gunna take more away with a swallow...the squares work well on the dim-SIM and its an ongoing evolvement from them. I have done diamonds, squares and rounded squares so far, all maintaining maximum area except for the diamond which I did on mine and a few others to create more pivot ...
using a great blank, Fat-Fish.... 8)

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Sent you a pm, Prids.

I won't be back until later tonight, so no hurry on the reply ... Talk soon champion.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:02 pm

Post a pic of the diamond tail? Plz
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Only a rat can win the rat race.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:32 pm

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:55 pm

I just signed up for some dumpling madness. I cannot wait.

Anyone watch Seinfeld? It will be like the summer of George, but bigger ... with lots of re-entries.
Kunji wrote:

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:02 pm

pridmore wrote:we can do it in a bigger size but it depends on what ya want really, best to chat via PM or email...a 5'10" will work fine, dont be scared of a small board, they are super fun, people are too reluctant because of the shortness but once you try it, you might be surprised... :shock: :D 8)
got a 5'10 last summer after a lifetime of 6'2 & 6'3 hps potato chips. i cant get back on my 6'2. in fact i dread it. the 5'10 has volume, turns on a dime and speed to burn. ive ridden it up to 6ft, but thats prob pushing its limits somewhat. get one braithy, it will breath life into your small wave surfing and have u pumped to surf summer shit.... :lol:

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:33 pm

I'm onto it Brendo. Just counting down until its ready to be surfed. I've been hesitant to take this step into the small, shortboards. Fear of change, I think?

I see a guy on the point surfing a 5'9" in everything from solid South groundswell on the point to knee high peaks on the high tide beachies. He rips on it.
Kunji wrote:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:55 pm

just got an email from an owner of a Dumpling, wont post it here coz I do a shiteload of self promo on here already, but its gunna be on my site for those who are interested....

Brendo is right, I like em short now and my quiver is proof of that, no boards over 6 ft that I surf regualrly....short and thick does the trick. :roll: ..thats my next tee print haha.... 8)

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:08 pm

pridmore wrote:just got an email from an owner of a Dumpling, wont post it here coz I do a shiteload of self promo on here already, but its gunna be on my site for those who are interested....

Brendo is right, I like em short now and my quiver is proof of that, no boards over 6 ft that I surf regualrly....short and thick does the trick. :roll: ..thats my next tee print haha.... 8)
haha so true MP!

My quiver has shrunk too! 5'2 planing hull, 5'11" Swinger, 6'0" Quad HPS quadfather. Thats as big as it gets! But thicker and wider...
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:26 pm

You can mark me down for a t-shirt, too.

Good times.
Kunji wrote:

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:47 pm

pridmore wrote:just got an email from an owner of a Dumpling, wont post it here coz I do a shiteload of self promo on here already, but its gunna be on my site for those who are interested....

Reckon mine will win the thickness race. Duh!
Only a rat can win the rat race.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:40 pm

SS, your sled is getting wrapped up atm, its gunna be bloody light mate, going for maximum performance and its for the small stuff so reckon it'll be strong enough....used a standard blank and have had good strengths with em lately, mine is 1 x 4 deck and its holding up great even after a few falls on it....got a mini-nubster made up for it, it can be turned around and used both ways , so you can try it both ways and see what feels best ( reminds me of an old girlfriend :roll: ), hope that little wave you told me about is still there when you get the board....might even have to deliver this one and catch up for a surf... 8)

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Summer of surf, yew to the yew.

Got these little cannonball peaks in the sights.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Im a 5'8'' x 85kg foam loving fiend, and i can surf the travel simms, which is 5'2'' x nearly 21? x nearly 3"???. It does sound crazy, but if you're prepared to go wide ( the WHOLE board, not just the middle ), and i love wide boards, you can surf much smaller boards than you think. A 5'5'' x 21 x 2 3/4 simms would easily float me, and surf fine for my bulk. Though, as i've now joined a gym, by xmas im hoping to be closer to 75kg. Well, at least under 80 haha

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:28 am

Just get the right program at the gym, Beerfan.

I'm still on me old rugby league program and have slowly crept up to 90kilos in a 5'10" frame. I thought if I stopped drinking protein shakes I would't put on as much mass. Was wrong.

Now I'm strictly on the cardio regime to get back closer to 78kgs ...
Kunji wrote:

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:20 am

Braithy, im not pumping iron that's for sure, doing lots of cardio, and only doing light weights. Just by being strict on my diet, last year i dropped from 90 to 77 pretty easy, the bloody wife told me to stop as i was getting too lean, so i did, and now im up to 85 haha. Don't need/want bulk, looking to lean up. Still like my boards chunky though, that won't change haha.

P.S being "beerfan" doesnt help dropping kg's :(

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:14 pm

Braithy wrote:Just get the right program at the gym, Beerfan.

I'm still on me old rugby league program and have slowly crept up to 90kilos in a 5'10" frame. I thought if I stopped drinking protein shakes I would't put on as much mass. Was wrong.

Now I'm strictly on the cardio regime to get back closer to 78kgs ...
i was a bit crook a few weeks back, went to the doc. im 5'9, 79kg. she said for my height im overweight by a couple of kilos :shock: apparently working my ass off on site, surfing and snowboarding isnt enough exercise....
my cholesterol level is 3.9. apparently thats .4 above where it should be, and gave me a pamphlet on good eating :shock: :lol: :lol:
braithy, she would consider you....morbidly obese :?: :arrow: :lol: :lol: :lol: