what do YOU want out a board?

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Re: what do YOU want out a board?

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:21 pm

same question on a different level, but does anyone ( else) look for a kinda spritual ( lack a better word :wink: ) connection from a surfboard :?:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:23 pm

oi digger....surfed your beachie today lunch time.....greal lefts :!: :!: :!:

see u out there soon hey :idea: :?: my local remains bankless :cry:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:54 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:oi digger....surfed your beachie today lunch time.....greal lefts :!: :!: :!:

see u out there soon hey :idea: :?: my local remains bankless :cry:
Ive noticed that mate, I no longer have mondays off, get the weekends now with the family, will be taking my boy surfing on his new egg soon and will video it to post. Im out there sat morning for sure.

Back to the question, its funny, I dont really look for a spiro connection because I never buy off the racks, mostly when I order a board its through long talks with a shaper and long research by myself, doesnt leave room for that spiro connection as you would say, but I have found that a sort of spiritual connection has sorta grown with 2 surfboards I have owned, but only because of the special places I went with those boards, I suppose you could say that because I traveled a lot with them and surfed some beautiful spots alone that a connection grew from the places I visited, so the boards reminded me constantly of those connections
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".