bonzers.....the quad fad is over

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Re: bonzers.....the quad fad is over

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:25 pm

steve shearer wrote: I love the Bonzer feel, but you need a down the line wave to really feel 'em come to life.

care to elaborate on the feel :?:

when or if :roll: my shaper checks his email my bonzer shall begin be born 8)

your aware my local waves steve....my gut feeling is it could well be a perfect match :?:

chasing speed, glide and flow....with the odd full rail cutty throwin the right section .....does a bonzer fit the job description :?:

http://www.surfysurfy.net/

the point and shoot bit down the page is what i'm thinking....bit less volume than 3'" tho

of course it may take a few get one exactly right.....half the fun :mrgreen:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

bombora
Local

Post by bombora » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:43 am

steve shearer wrote:Well the accusation is that the salmon schools are displacing the tailor.

And anecdotally I agree with that assessment.

Not much......about to chase flatties in the river with plastics.
NSW Fisheries boffins saying sambos no threat to the tailor either. They be saying bait still abundant and not under threat. No chopper will starve. We shall see. The massive sambo population I reckon is gonna make surfing interesting in the next few years: little (protected) GWS's love shadowing and munching on the schools before they grow up and start munching marine mammals.

huie
Local

Post by huie » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:06 am

steve shearer wrote:Well the accusation is that the salmon schools are displacing the tailor.

And anecdotally I agree with that assessment.

Not much......about to chase flatties in the river with plastics.
wellthis fking wheel just keeps on rolling on as a young fella keen fisho i fished all the beaches on the east coast large schools of salmon were common right up to sth stradie never seen them on morton or sunny coast there demise began when they oppened the cannery on the south coast of n s w
the continious attack on our migratory fish to spawn from f wit pros with the arse out of there pants are the cause of the tailor species to be in total demise :x closing of the cannery in recent yrs has let the salmon begin to come back total ban on beach nting is way overdue as is driving vehicles on the intertidal zone if we end up with more fish and more whites learn to deal with it' as it was before all this arsery took over :twisted:

fong the die has been cast no further corospondence is required :lol:

cheers huie

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:07 pm

huie wrote:fong the die has been cast no further corospondence is required
Love to be kept in the loop on progress pics, fellas.

Huie, I've heard some amazing stories of tailor fishing in central Qld in the late 60s-early 70s. Then some f wit purse seined the lot of them. Very slowly starting to come back, but it's taken 40 years....

Catch and release is an ineffective measure for tailor (probably salmon too, but I don't know about that), as they don't survive. Need to work out something else.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:17 pm

The solution to tailor stocks is pretty simple if you ask me.

Reduce bag limits.

No-one needs to keep 20 tailor.

The bogan fcukwits who fill freezers full of Tailor on Fraser Island which get fed to the cat or chucked out are a fcuking disgrace.

Halve that, at least.
It's only edible fresh.

And put some kind of total allowable catch (TAC) on the currently almost unregulated beach haul fisheries in NSW/QLD.

The complete fcukign joke of beach haulers working next to marine parks with no limit on their catch beggars belief.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:31 pm

Had one of the best fish and chip meals ever at the Cabo Pub years ago. They were serving fresh taylor straight off the beach and it was bloody delicious. Apparently thats illegal and I'm sure they wouldn't do it today so we can all eat mekong catfish or frozen NZ Hoki instead unless we catch it ourselves.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:53 pm

steve shearer wrote:And put some kind of total allowable catch (TAC) on the currently almost unregulated beach haul fisheries in NSW/QLD.
The current argument for not having TACs is that it would require more detailed knowledge of the rec fish catches, which are assumed to be much higher than the commercial harvest, at least for tailor in Qld. Qld should have a fishing license, for starters, to fund some of the required data collection. Relying on self reporting is bollocks.
steve shearer wrote:Reduce bag limits.
No-one needs to keep 20 tailor.
The bogan fcukwits who fill freezers full of Tailor on Fraser Island which get fed to the cat or chucked out are a fcuking disgrace.
Same could be said for pretty much all fish species. Unless you have a pet mako at home, you've got no fckin need for 30 whiting or 3 spanish mackerel.

huie
Local

Post by huie » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:12 pm

haa

this is my pet subject i will come back tonight and continuie on :P

cheers huie

bombora
Local

Post by bombora » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:19 am

Bag and size limits are a joke in NSW. Jewies can be taken long before they reach spawning size. The Fisheries scientists know this, fishos with half a brain know this, so why aren't size limits increased? Cause NSW estuary prawn trawlers (mainly north coast) lobby constantly behind the scenes that they can't catch prawns without a "jewfish bycatch''. That byctach being tiny jews. Then again wait for the rec fisho outrage if kingfish size limits go up. Kings don't spawn until around 75cms! Try getting people to release a 74cm king. They already whine about having to release 64cm kings.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:26 am

the worlds fu.cked and only going get fu.cker.....the damages done

bugger bag limits all together :idea:

just hook in and kill em all.....take as much as u can now cause sooner rather than later their want be any left anyhow :x

do what the pro's do up the gulf...rape and destroy ...get the tonnage....bugger quality...go for tonnage...especially kill all large fish...get the breeders right out the system...clever fishing regulations :cry:

charge ppl to fish...use the money collected to bearly cover the cost of running the dept in charge collecting the money :roll: ...get more academics involved....pollies...maybe a ad featuring a sportstar :idea:

it's all ok so long u work for coles and woolies....than u have the epa's blessing :roll: to go get ya tonnage

can u tell i'm in a mood

what the comercial fleet do...with no one witness it really does portend disaster for our fish stocks

maybe we need a water tax go with the carbon tax....seems the answer :!:

maybe all those concerned about saving the whales should look at our own countrys comercial activies :idea:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Wingnut
regular

Post by Wingnut » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:48 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:the worlds fu.cked and only going get fu.cker.....the damages done
Spot on...agreed!

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:43 pm

most of the seafood I see in Woolies and Coles comes from farms in SE Asia, Fong.

As for the jewies, they are one of the only fish that could be sustainably grown in aquaculture, but that ain't going to happen when the bycatch is worth more than the target species for many commercial haulers.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Size limits seem reasonable to me but then I'm such a useless fisherperson :roll: that its all hypothetical anyway. Its a bit like gambling. Like the idea but am so unsuccessful that I never do it.

I hate the fact that you can walk into Woolies anywhere from Cairns to Alice Springs and get exactly the same fish. Although this is probably great if you live in Alice Springs :?
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:07 pm

gawdddd....only cause i like ya beany

first change the attiude....believe next time u go fishing your going catch the best fish your lifetime :!:

thats 95% it :idea:

also...be prepared change sets ups ...not getting any fish with a big sinker in the rig...try no sinKer

swap and change and play...don't just sit there

structure is the key....always fish near structure...and

catching fish is a small part the fun....most my best trips catch nothin :mrgreen:

the thrill is in the hunt...never the kill for me...a bad day fishing still beats being a manly supporter anyday :lol:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Attitude's got nuthin to do with it Tim, it's not fcuking American idol.

99% is being in the right place at the right time.

Reading a tide table is a good first start.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:30 pm

nup....if i wake up and think i'll catch fu.k all...i don't go fishing....your right rest u say...right place , right time, right bait...happens be a hungry fish swimming past....but no

if u full self doubt....don't even bother ...if u can't believe in yaself...no else going bother
alakaboo wrote:most of the seafood I see in Woolies and Coles comes from farms in SE Asia, Fong.

due weather...last season up the gulf was bumper prawn season....and they utterly wiped it out

killed the lot...real locals tell me..it's over and will never recover

u can find green prawns in woolies and coles now for $12 a kilo and that price will drop cause they still have shitloads ...shitloards enough fill every supermarket from cairns to alice springs and back 50 times over

thats good fishing for the future :?: ....wipe everything out given the chance...and sell per kilo the major supermarkets for a $1.50 a kilo :?:

yeah.....and what they don't sell throw out.....meanwhile africa starves :|

i quote :arrow:

THE federal government has taken almost two years to formally defend itself against the adverse findings of a Senate inquiry into its doomed Grocery Choice website.
It also insists the site was a good idea because its ultimate aim of helping shoppers find the cheapest groceries prices in their local area had in the end improved competition.

The government today tabled its formal response to a Senate committee finalised its report into the whole Grocery Choice saga in 2009.

Labor committee members had disagreed with the committee's overall finding that the government had, under then prime minister Kevin Rudd, mismanaged the controversial website, which was dumped just days before its scheduled launch in June 2009.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/go ... z1ZoL7nufN

the sad thing is...when ppl wake up too how trully useless our leaders are...it be far too late :cry:

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 pm

steve shearer wrote:Reading a tide table is a good first start.
If you're land or estuary based, getting a snorkel and mask and checking out your fishing spot on a range of tides is a good idea too.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:04 pm

i stoped today check my creek out from the bridge...ohh how quickly the sand changes...lol

now...pics my board :?:

don't make me do it huie :oops:

p.s....back on the other subjects :arrow: http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/st ... -a-menace/