C - Drive Fins

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Re: C - Drive Fins

Post by Donweather » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:34 pm

Looking forward to hearing your feedback on them Mark. Hopefully Huey will deliver something reasonably surfable for you to test ride them on (ie something with a bit of steepness and hollowness rather than mushy, weak windswell.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:45 pm

yep but I'll be using them no matter what the conditions to get a better overview and true indication of how they go... will be trialling them in a few diff boards too..... 8) Don, interested in the bloggy thing you got goin on ( link you posted the other day ...), maybe e-mail me and tell me more, maybe able to do something there ???

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:20 pm

otway1949 wrote:Got a set of C drives I going to try them as the widowmakers on a longer 1+2 set if it gets unflat, will report in on the experiment :D
The report as promised, no giggling behind your hands on a 9ft Outer Island mal destined for my next trip to Indo.
Today was the perfect test drive day 3 to 4 foot 200 metre long bar barrels, sections in and out a hi speed test track, first run on standard supplied fins good holding a hi line and turns clear and functional surfed well.
Change fins, more squirt out of bottom turn higher line still through the sections surfed better, noticeable enough for the small crew to comment. Opinion a lot punchier definitely the configuration for Indo will stick with and report a bigger days results :D
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Topher
regular

Post by Topher » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:12 pm

Fark Me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm yet to master turning on smaller waves with these things, but jesus the bloody speed and line ya get on a steep wave is phenomonal.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:01 pm

only had ten waves and not enough to really give any quality feedback yet.....

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:52 pm

What board did ya ride em in Mark? Gonna use them again tomoz?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Topher wrote:Fark Me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D the bloody speed and line ya get on a steep wave is phenomonal.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:30 pm

Donweather wrote:What board did ya ride em in Mark? Gonna use them again tomoz?
yeah, will try em in this board again tomoz...chose this board coz it goes well and I know it...

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:27 pm

pridmore wrote:Image
Hey Mark, what size fins did they provide ya with? The rears look the same size as the fronts in that photo?

Scored some super punchy 3ft+ beachies this morning and these fins continue to amaze me. For some strange reason that I'm yet to fully understand, they appear to enable you to make very late drops? And then of course you just race off down the line with tremendous speed!!!! :D :D

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:36 pm

the rears are just a little bit smaller than fronts...probably just the angle of pic....dont think this board suits the C-drives ( or visa versa ), will continue to try them but not on this one....
how do you guys like em when ya really give it some on a backhand bottom turn ???

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:08 pm

pridmore wrote:the rears are just a little bit smaller than fronts...probably just the angle of pic....
Hmmmm, might take a photo of mine as I'm rather sure my rears are reasonably smaller than the fronts?
pridmore wrote:how do you guys like em when ya really give it some on a backhand bottom turn ???
I haven't noticed any real difference on my backhand bottom turns.....but then these aren't my forte either. Forehand bottom turns though.....well now you're talking. The drive off the bottom and the compression into your knees is something I haven't experienced before.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:29 pm

IMG_4147.jpg
IMG_4149.jpg

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:30 am

I definitely am not being negative about these fins and it has only been about 30 waves of testing so far, and 1 board that probably doesnt suit them.....I have to try them some more..they feel good but I need more time to really know.....and will give better and honest feedback down the track ..... 8)

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:47 pm

Had a great little session on my 6'0 biscuit with the C-drives in. everything felt really drivey and smooth through turns. The Med/GX's i have seem to go better in a wider tailed board. If i was to put them back in my shortboard i'd prefer a Small size front fin.
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:35 pm

otway1949 wrote:
otway1949 wrote:Got a set of C drives I going to try them as the widowmakers on a longer 1+2 set if it gets unflat, will report in on the experiment :D
The report as promised, no giggling behind your hands on a 9ft Outer Island mal destined for my next trip to Indo.
Today was the perfect test drive day 3 to 4 foot 200 metre long bar barrels, sections in and out a hi speed test track, first run on standard supplied fins good holding a hi line and turns clear and functional surfed well.
Change fins, more squirt out of bottom turn higher line still through the sections surfed better, noticeable enough for the small crew to comment. Opinion a lot punchier definitely the configuration for Indo will stick with and report a bigger days results :D
Bigger day, running 6 to 8, definitely pit drops, tucked tighter than before, set up hi line drives through the long hollow sections, meh at my level 95% make rate, much improvement, cut backs looser but more able to track where I wanted to go. The C drives stay.
The board them and I go to the test chamber in the Mentawaiis next month add to the good overall results, warm water :D :D :D
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

bohdidontsurf
Local

Post by bohdidontsurf » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:05 pm

nice one ottaway ...you just can't put a price on stoke like that and to think the fins work (or even imprive our ability)that well for not only me but others like you means we are on to something I reckon ... cant wait to hear about the ments ...I am hoping to go there next year myself

smallhouse
Grommet

Post by smallhouse » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:51 pm

Has anyone heard when they might be releasing the quad set?.
Nothing on their website yet!.

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:21 pm

I hate having to wait for companies to update their websites...

In this day and age it should be one of their highest priorities.
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.