Alternative fin templates & materials

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Re: Alternative fin templates & materials

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu May 19, 2011 2:22 am

dUg wrote: For instance, I would love to try a YU template in a hex core RTM ( FCS refers to this as "Performance Core" ), but no such thing exists... and there are countless other combos you can't seem to get ( and I am including other FCS compatable fin suppliers here ). I am sure FCS are sitting on a PC version of the K3 fin, since they already make it in Fibreglass and Glass Flex, and perhaps plan to *slowly* release others.

Anyone else wondered about this?

the yu was always a very underated fin...but it was a fussy bitch and lent itself too only a special board

as far the occy goes....it's seems well reinvented in the new julian model but with brighter colours :!:

it's alllllll about the colour :lol:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Hano
Local

Post by Hano » Thu May 19, 2011 4:47 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote: as far the occy goes....it's seems well reinvented in the new julian model but with brighter colours :!:

it's alllllll about the colour :lol:
The old Occy FCS appear juvenile next to his kinetic model.
I believe Parko had Occy signature fins on board when he carved up Bells this year.

And Occy’s are a much nicer colour than JW’s

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Thu May 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Nice thread resuss Fong. :D

I have seen a YU model in RTM made by Truames, but it's bigger than the original FCS one in depth and height ( sweep is the same I think ).

I think the kinetik Occy is nothing like the old FCS one... in fact I couldn't imagine Occy ever using it! I had some solid fibreglass ones made a while ago, dunno what happened to them. They were yellow and everything. :cry:

Been working on balsa / kevlar cores, made some K2.1's but I snapped them off at the tabs already. Back to the drawing board... :oops: