Fat Bullet review

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Natho
barnacle

Re: Fat Bullet review

Post by Natho » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:41 pm

Nice review.
While the fat bullet doesn't float my own boat, if I was going for that type of board you can't go past Muzz.

The other bonus of getting a board out of the Base factory is the quality of the glass job and finish. Well worth paying for, as the boards last. I would say the boards Ive had out of there have lastest double that of some other boards Ive had.

You get what you pay for I guess. A master craftsman and top quality glass job is well worth the money as it will save you money in the long run.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:26 pm

Its very similar to my 6'0" in terms of planshape and fin placement. I think mine is a little more foiled, and is without the nose concave of course. Mine is great fun!

The go-to board expression I understand to be interchangeable between all-rounder, or your favorite board for xyz conditions. If you could only take one board with you, what would be your go-to board? That type of thing...
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:42 am

Nearly 2 years down the track...is the fat bullet still in the quiver Old grom or has it been sacrificed on the altar of the McCoy temple? :wink:
Curious as I've been down that track (fat bullet) and left to explore other paths in board design.
I was comparing a 6'6" fat bullet and a 6'6" DHD bobby monster side by side just the other day.
Similar volumes and planshape but very different ways of combining the rocker, foil, overall foam distribution and the bobby monster looks like a more interesting shape. :idea:
Only a rat can win the rat race.

old grom
Grommet

Post by old grom » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 am

Cuttlefish wrote:Nearly 2 years down the track...is the fat bullet still in the quiver Old grom or has it been sacrificed on the altar of the McCoy temple?
Yes - sacrificed, along with my left nut - to buy my ZOT. Still really rate the design, my brother brought it off me and he loves it. In fact it really turned him on to the whole round tail quad thing and he also brought a Quadfather - bit more high perf spec - and swaps between the two depending on the conditions.

I loved the ride of the FB- rode it as my main board for over a year (and thats not bad for me) - just a little hard work on the paddle for a knakered OG - so have been tempted by the beefed up offerings of mccoy. All up loved the ride of the FB and would like to get another Bourton customed for me....I have a long wish list - OG