Post by Haz » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:41 pm

Drew Anderson is definitely number 1 :lol:

eMpowered
Local

Re: Top 10 Oz Shapers

Post by eMpowered » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:31 am

Must you lot carry on about Shortboard Shapers. :shock:

Open up fer fcck sake.

And should'nt all you sheep be following Kelly's "front foward foil" Stuff.

Come on Sheep...

Be as you have been since the early 90's shortboard shit. :arrow:

There is so much more.

Poor cnnts

eMpowered
Local

Post by eMpowered » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:40 am

Sean Wilde

Tom Wegener (He has been here many years)

Skip Frye, Shtt o.k not aus.

Jed Done

Sage Joske

Mark GNech

Yes of course Bill Cillia (So much a kern good bloke to)

But as many have said, to pick Aussie Craftsman, I also believe it would be 20 at least.

Wingnut
regular

Post by Wingnut » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:07 pm

eMpowered wrote:Must you lot carry on about Shortboard Shapers. :shock:

Open up fer fcck sake.

Come on Sheep...

There is so much more.

Poor cnnts
Isn't this topic posted under "Shortboarders only"?

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:32 pm

moreorless wrote:
Knobjockey wrote:
moreorless wrote:What about Mark Rabbidge? A real craftsman with decades of experience.
Shapes a godd longboard so I hear but is a bit of a knob me thinks.. Told me once that he pioneered the Super Twin model that MR shapes.. Which I don't think is the case..
There's a lot of people riding Rabbidge shortboards (and alternative designs) who can attest that his design skills stretch across the board (so to speak).

Don't know about his super twin claim, but I think I'd take his word over yours.

Also, how can someone who calls them self "knobjockey" accuse someone else of being a knob?
Last edited by Davros on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:41 pm

ive had heaps of good boards, 3 or 4 nirvana, fluid foil, byrne, aloha, 2 crooked river, 5 peter daniel, and lately been riding john gilmore, had some shite boards, a santosha and one other that I cant remember. Had a few others along the way, tried a surfboard down nambucca way called square onion, meet him a long time ago now and went out to his place for a while, a top bloke, backyard sort of shaping back then but real nice boards.

Dont think you can list top 20 shapers, have to start giving it catogories, volume of boards shaped ect...... There are heaps of good shapers out there and you can always tell the ones that love the job and take pride in the boards they make, they generally always produce the goods for me anyway.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

eMpowered
Local

Post by eMpowered » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:44 am

Say G'Day to Giliie for me. He's up there most of the time now.

M

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:25 am

Pete Daniell - Division Yeew

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:12 pm

eMpowered wrote:Must you lot carry on about Shortboard Shapers. :shock:

Open up fer fcck sake.

Come on Sheep...

There is so much more.

Poor cnnts
funny thing today, I had a goldy guy tell me I am doin quads coz Kelly is riding them now....had to just shake my head and laugh a little while I walked away....only been doin quads for about 3 years now .... but anyway, I do like what KS is doin with his boards and applaude him for being different and innovative but now lets watch the sheep start riding these type of shapes but not even know why...yeah, they know why, coz KS is and it is cool.... farrkkkin too sceptical but it is hard not to be IMO...This thread should be in GSD coz 'shapers' should cover all craft...or in board design section....
plenty of great shapers out there , trick is too find the ones that work best for you and make boards so you can ride the waves the way you want.... 8)

eMpowered
Local

Post by eMpowered » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:01 pm

So right Mark, Now Kelly is shaping his own boards it will be interesting to see what the sheep will be riding over the next few years.

Don't get me wrong though, I like Kelly's new legacy. I woulld love to see him leave the tour not just for his world titles, But the fact he has thrown a spanner in the shortboard works as far as what wins a heat in the right surf is concerned.

Derek Hynd would alway's tell me of the great day's of early Pro Surfing when you might get 4 completely different boards in a heat at Bell's

Pity it takes someone like Kelly to wake everyone up.

Kern shortboarders pumping madly in 2 foot surf whilst i'm cruisin on the right board.

Sausage
regular

Post by Sausage » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:08 am

Mitchel Rae
Jim Banks
Simon
Warner
Chili
Gunther
Haymes
Cole
Byrne
TF

No particular order

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:17 pm

eMpowered wrote:Now Kelly is shaping his own boards it will be interesting to see what the sheep will be riding over the next few years.
I reckon most people will find 'em too difficult to deal with...Kelly is tailoring these designs to his own style and to what he wants to do on a wave. Last time he and his grom mates did that, every crusty old rubberneck called 'em "potato chips" and derided them as unrideable...mainly 'cause they (the old rubbernecks) were too stiff to do the kinds of turns KS and co were trying.

Isn't gonna be a lot different now I think. Few people other than Kelly will be able to get what Kelly gets out of 'em. If his design progress contains a lesson of any sort, it's "don't just do what I do ... at least without thinking about it first".

That goes for the sheep who ride ultra fat Fish as much as it goes for anyone else, mind.

Oh yeah 10 what the hell

Simon
AB
Geoff McCoy
Gunther
Dahlberg
Maurice
Murray Bourton
Webber
Wayne Lynch
MR

lucky 11: Mitchell Rae
Last edited by Nick Carroll on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:22 pm

^^^^
^^^^^^^^
sheepboard.jpg

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:27 am

Rockin' Ron wrote:^^^ :lol: he's got agendas 'turf...
Davros wrote:Rabbidge great shaper, great boards (short and long) and a great bloke to deal with. He took the time to talk to you didnt he in between pumping out 1m boards for his clintele, try getting and having convo direct with the big side of town shapers.
Exactly, well said. He's good with shortboards, longboards and everything in between. In my opinion. Which is why he continues to get my business. Good bloke, sincere, genuinely interested in your feedback and bends over backwards to rectify a problem.
I agree with that. He loves a yarn and is interesting to talk to. Last board I ordered off him I didnt leave his place until 2 1/1 hours later. When I picked the board up it was exactly what I'd ordered and his prices are way beyond reasonable. He's filthy on the imports.

grazza
Local

Post by grazza » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:23 pm

There's a different between the shapers who are great because they consistently make great boards, and the shapers that are great because they changed things forever. If you talking about the latter group, top ten is pretty hard to fill out. Let's see...

Bob McTavish, for taking us short and translating greenough into stand up, and maybe for taking us long again (hmmm ...)
MR, for reviving and perfecting twins
Simon, obviously
Geoff McCoy, for making simon and MR possible, and especially for taking the shuffle out and anchoring us on the sweet spot
Webber. for concaves and general weirdness

now I'm struggling...

Terry Fitz?
Jim Pollard?
Al Byrne?
Greg Clough?
Mitchell Rae?
Burt Burger?

And while we're on it, why are they all such cranky buggers...

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:56 pm

There you go....

http://www.entitysurfboards.com.au/

make sure you check out his "Products" page, down towards the bottom where he lists some of his favourite links.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

SDC
regular

Post by SDC » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:32 am

Good bloke, worth dealing with

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:51 pm

He is a great bloke, very helpful.