Leg Ropes?????????

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

johno_52

Leg Ropes?????????

Post by johno_52 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:02 pm

With all of my leggies they have little kinks in them from the packaging which means they tangal them selves up in the water it really pisses me off does anyone know how to fix this problem or leg ropes that don't have this problem

smackthatlip
regular

Post by smackthatlip » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:05 pm

After you've removed it from the packaging attach one end to something and stretch it out with a bit of pressure and attach the other end to something. Leave it like this for a day or so before using. Works for me. Also don't wrap your leggy around your board when not in use. Detach it and store lying straight out, no bends, on the floor or hang it from a nail or something. Hope this helps.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:43 pm

hang it on the clothes line in warm sun for a day ... or put it in a bucket of hot but not boiling water for 10 minutes or so and hang it straight for a hour ... been doing this since urethane leggies first came in ...

or paddle out into 5' close outs and get as many waves as poosible in 1 hour it'll soon be kink free ...

Butts

Post by Butts » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:06 pm

Surfin Turf wrote:or paddle out into 5' close outs and get as many waves as poosible in 1 hour it'll soon be kink free ...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So that's what your doing when we're surfing, straightening your LEGGIE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:13 pm

Butts wrote:
Surfin Turf wrote:or paddle out into 5' close outs and get as many waves as poosible in 1 hour it'll soon be kink free ...
So that's what your doing when we're surfing, straightening your LEGGIE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sshhhhhh !!!! .... I'm moonlighting ..... leggie straightener for the stars ..... I get 5 bucks a leggie .... :wink:

Surfa 69
Grommet

Post by Surfa 69 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:34 am

very good :) ...

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:57 pm

Ringmaster wrote:
Surfin Turf wrote:
Butts wrote:

sshhhhhh !!!! .... I'm moonlighting ..... leggie straightener for the stars ..... I get 5 bucks a leggie .... :wink:
Can you help me out with my hair, then, Surfin :?:

As soon as it gets past my ears it wants to curl at 180 degrees.....

Whadayareckon :?: :?:

A bucket of hot water or 5 foot closeouts :?: :?: :?:
ah ... thats a different remedy that also uses a bucket and some secret chinese 'erbs ..... it will certainly straighten your hair but everything else goes haywire .... :wink:

BIGJIM
regular

Post by BIGJIM » Thu May 08, 2008 7:36 pm

just wonderin what you blokes use to wipe over your boards after stripping old wax off. Metho, white spirits?
Cheers

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu May 08, 2008 7:44 pm

BIGJIM wrote:just wonderin what you blokes use to wipe over your boards after stripping old wax off. Metho, white spirits?
Cheers
Why subject your board to anything other than a rag - scrape off excess with plastic scaper, leave in the sun for no more than 5 minutes and use an old rag. It'll come off easily and polishes up nicely, too, ready for a new application.

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Thu May 08, 2008 7:57 pm

BIGJIM wrote:just wonderin what you blokes use to wipe over your boards after stripping old wax off. Metho, white spirits?
Cheers
metho and then something else.
mind blank

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Thu May 08, 2008 7:57 pm

Cheers
metho and then turps.
forgot which goes on first.
metho i think

jay spence
regular

Post by jay spence » Thu May 08, 2008 8:12 pm

I use scrap foam to remove the last traces of wax (after scraping with wax comb blade to get most of it off), works really well. Scrounge around ya local shaping bay or blank-blowing factory for a few chunks & rub away, or use foam dust in a stocking. Most of my boards haven't seen a complete strip-down & re-waxing in years though, I'm lazy, & I kinda like my wax to be all thick & lumpy. Only really use the scrap-foam trick if i'm trying to clean wax off from around a ding that needs to be fixed.

S,M,L,XL

Post by S,M,L,XL » Thu May 08, 2008 8:17 pm

citrus-based cleaning solution. Removes wax with zero effort, makes the deck look like new, and leaves the board with a pleasant orange smell!

bc
charger

Post by bc » Thu May 08, 2008 8:21 pm

turps will leave an oily residue - not the go.

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Thu May 08, 2008 8:23 pm

Mineral Turps, and I don't feel that it leaves an oily residue.

I put a tiny bit of Turps on paper towel and then rub down. Maybe the paper towl gets rid of the oily'ness :?

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Thu May 08, 2008 8:27 pm

SAsurfa wrote:Mineral Turps, and I don't feel that it leaves an oily residue.

I put a tiny bit of Turps on paper towel and then rub down. Maybe the paper towl gets rid of the oily'ness :?
its either the turps or the metho that gets rid of the residue.
one cleans the board and the other gets rid of any residue.

one is also amazing for getting rid of fancy messages left on friends boards :lol:

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu May 08, 2008 8:34 pm

still going .... :shock: :roll:

Righto ... here it is ... :!:

buy a plastic wax comb from a surf shop that has a scaper on the opposite side of the comb .....

scrape off the wax ... get off as much as you can with the scraper ...

with a rag or paper towel wipe over your board with turps till all the residual wax is off and your board is nice and shiney....

then get a little car wash detergent in water and with a rag wipe over your board, this will remove the slippery film that the turps leaves ...

wipe your board dry and re-apply wax (to the deck only) ....

put your board back in your board cover , go to bed and get up early in the morning for a surf and enjoy your freshly waxed board ...

The End (I hope :lol: ) ....

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Thu May 08, 2008 10:22 pm

S,M,L,XL wrote:citrus-based cleaning solution. Removes wax with zero effort, makes the deck look like new, and leaves the board with a pleasant orange smell!
Yes, that works well. I'ts also good for removing the sticky gunk that's left after you remove an adhesive label.

Rather expensive compared to turps or metho though.