Aggro in the water!

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Carpark King
regular

Aggro in the water!

Post by Carpark King » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:37 pm

I have seen a lot of aggro in the water the past week....

more than usual!

the lineup has been more packed and competitive than usual too..

Maybe its the change of seasons :?

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:55 pm

definately is a Sydney thing.

You can actually see it getting worse and worse each bloody month...

Hate to think what it will be like in 5 years!

jimodea
Grommet

Post by jimodea » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:00 pm

sydney surf and crowds are so0o0o0o0o f****** bad!!!

boardscape avalon
Local

Post by boardscape avalon » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:16 pm

whilst surfing good snapper (that was occasionally linking up to the start of greenmount), on teusday this week, i had my first trouble in over at least 30 surfs, since i blew in up there on the 1st jan... any way i got burnt after i had worked the wave through a pretty flat section only to make it to a great part of the wave.....i called him off , he didnt so i did my turn off his board... it worked out well for me.....anyway ive been watching heaps of ultimate fighter on the cable tele lately, i was so upset about his absolute blatant act his Fck you vibe ... i ended up calling him into the beach.....i am very very lucky hi didnt take me up on it.HE WOULD HAVE SMASHED ME .. i was so pissed off . i felt like i didnt care... obviously i wished none of it ever happened, but sometimes , ya gotta say something to jerks ... so they know its just not acceptible in the sport....

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:11 pm

Wednesday....point plumber....dozen out for the early so i let it slide (hot Tailor bite anyhow...there the best breakfast fish...hmmm...after garfish)

anyways...8 am....last the dawn warriors has vacated the fat, slow, full, lineup

out i go....couple waves....i see the 30 surfsafari's surfers/learners going thu their stretches on the beach :x

(When ...exactly did surfing become a "group sport" :? )

20 mins later....i'm surrounded by them...no point....i could easily get the best waves but i'd end up running someone over :cry:

and it's a hike too a hospital and surfsafari's has suspect insurance :!:

so i went down the beach....hans and norkia followed me

we got some waves together

i felt argro @ first....but norkia got great tits and hans kept smiling

moral....the crowds are everywhere....adjust or blow a fuse...doesn't matter where u go anymore :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:22 pm

your even filering up to the coast.
go back to sydney.
we like it empty.

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:35 pm

I was surfing a beach 3 mins from my place today, paddled out in the rip in the north corner which is standard. Then WAITED my turn in the line up whilst bobbing in the rip..

Anyways the same guy kept blatantly dropping in on me, I let it go the first few times. But on the 3rd wave I said "whats the deal mate?"

He came back at me aggro as F*ck saying that I am dumb and that I had snaked everyone by paddling out in the rip and sitting on the inside. So he was basically saying that I should have paddled down the end of the line up 100 metres away.

If I had paddled on the inside, and snaked his wave, then fair enough for him to drop in on me. But that wasnt the case.

Anyways he threw out the standard "your a kook anyway" line...after that I couldnt be bothered anymore.

Anways funny how serious things can get during a friday lunchtime surf on a 2 foot day...

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:44 pm

boardscape avalon wrote:.. so i did my turn off his board... it worked out well for me......
What do you mean, you rode over his board gouging it with with your fins?
If so, it sounds like a good retort.

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:47 pm

Carpark King wrote:
Anyways he threw out the standard "your a kook anyway" line..
because he said that, he is a kook.
was he?

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:50 pm

g_u_m_b_y wrote:
Carpark King wrote:
was he?
Nah he was a competent surfer, but no mick fanning.

I just replied "sorry im not as good as you mate".

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:40 pm

Carpark King wrote:
g_u_m_b_y wrote:
Carpark King wrote:
was he?

on second thoughts, why should it matter hwo good anyone is?
he sounds like a fukwit

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:57 pm

g_u_m_b_y wrote:
Carpark King wrote:
g_u_m_b_y wrote:
Carpark King wrote:
was he?

on second thoughts, why should it matter hwo good anyone is?
he sounds like a darn
Exactly... I mean if its a learner on a mini mal floating in front of everyone and getting in the way then its another story, but rating yourself on technical ability and thinking you have more of a right to drop in is BS.

Nappy
Local

Post by Nappy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:51 pm

There priority sessions then there the "bugger its hassle time". I like the former but when its hoff time knowing your break and which kooks you can paddle inside of is key.

Nappy
Local

Post by Nappy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:56 pm

Carpark King wrote: but rating yourself on technical ability and thinking you have more of a right to drop in is BS.
Not all about technical ability its about being a local, an old dude might dropping in on blowins at his local but he might not per say be ripping. I mean weve all heard that story of that dude who got drop in by a granny at the pass, she didnt rate him obviously.

I paddle around barneys all the time the pack of 4 year twelvers one of them ridding a bogger is a prime example as they pretty much cant catch waves anyway, just yap on in the line up.

I give the gumbies a chance when its not crowded but if its crowded bugger em :twisted:

PS i just did an Al

Butts

Post by Butts » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Nappy wrote:There priority sessions then there the "bugger its hassle time". I like the former but when its hoff time knowing your break and which kooks you can paddle inside of is key.
:wink:

Watch out Port though, Mrs Butts and I are going to be out with Fong over the
next couple of days :twisted:
It could get INTERESTING :P :lol: :lol:

Mrs B WILL have the wave (of her choice) to herself of course, heaven help ANYBODY who even
tries to drop in on her :shock: :oops:

Then there will be BELLS with Ringmaster & Thermalben on Easter Friday, Saturday, Sunday. 8)

All Mrs Butts requirements :shock: 8)
Sometimes you JUST get lucky :wink: :D

Nappy
Local

Post by Nappy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:39 pm

hehe nice story butts, sounds kinda kinky tho be sure to share the vid. BTW where the hell you think I live :shock: Have been a victim of cabbage island influct in the past all the way up to the goaners of coolum.

Have returned to home base tho. Porties on the Mid SA, the spark for the bohemium lifestyle had gone after years of being on the Keating then howard surf team.

I was a fong :shock: haha when i wasnt on the dole I was a dishwasher at mi thai in lennox and byron thai.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:01 am

Nappy wrote:
Carpark King wrote: but rating yourself on technical ability and thinking you have more of a right to drop in is BS.
Not all about technical ability its about being a local, an old dude might dropping in on blowins at his local but he might not per say be ripping. I mean weve all heard that story of that dude who got drop in by a granny at the pass, she didnt rate him obviously.

I paddle around barneys all the time the pack of 4 year twelvers one of them ridding a bogger is a prime example as they pretty much cant catch waves anyway, just yap on in the line up.

I give the gumbies a chance when its not crowded but if its crowded bugger em :twisted:

PS i just did an Al
sums it up though.

If they got technical ability they'll snake me.
............... hardcore local ..........................
............... good grom ............................... :D :D :D

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:31 am

dinosaur wrote:
Carpark King wrote:I was surfing a beach 3 mins from my place today, paddled out in the rip in the north corner which is standard. Then WAITED my turn in the line up whilst bobbing in the rip..

Anyways the same guy kept blatantly dropping in on me, I let it go the first few times. But on the 3rd wave I said "whats the deal mate?"

He came back at me aggro as F*ck saying that I am dumb and that I had snaked everyone by paddling out in the rip and sitting on the inside. So he was basically saying that I should have paddled down the end of the line up 100 metres away.

If I had paddled on the inside, and snaked his wave, then fair enough for him to drop in on me. But that wasnt the case.

Anyways he threw out the standard "your a kook anyway" line...after that I couldnt be bothered anymore.

Anways funny how serious things can get during a friday lunchtime surf on a 2 foot day...
Let me guess the wedge?

Sorry carpark but what i know of that place, and i know it very well. An unknown face paddling out there and sitting on the inside will get dropped in on and snaked everytime. Sure paddle out there or rock off even but move down the line a tad and work your way up.
Carpark , have to admit Dino's right about "that place" if that's it .... At the risk of getting another picture of Dinosaur's Asian Fister/Wanking device I have spent a fair amount of time surfing there as an ex girlfriend's family had a house right smack bang in front of it and yeah you kinda have to get in line and work your way up the queue a bit......how fast depends on how much you rip or how big/"buffed" you are? ...... 8)

"Settle Dino --- have a nice cuppa or something....come on ....that's it.........zzzzzzzz"