Problem with my FIREWIRE!!!

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Gweedz

Problem with my FIREWIRE!!!

Post by Gweedz » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:59 am

Ok so I have had my firewire for a few months now and I recently noticed that there are air bubbles forming under the top layer. They mostly seem to be popping up where my pressure dings are. A friend of mine told me its probably from the gasses building up inside the board, because it has been very hot/humid where I live. I noticed that most of them go away when I go in the water. Has anyone had this problem of have heard of it, I tried contacting firewire but they have not got back to me yet.

dee-r-e
Grommet

Post by dee-r-e » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:11 am

oh he just wants an answer and he gets shut down by harry the hat the dinosaur.
2 days
3 nites

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:43 am

dinosaur wrote:Don't worry, It'll last forever. You'll never need another surfboard again.
No, it’ll last for the life of the product. :wink: Maybe someone slipped in a Disprin?

I thought that was what the Gortex valve was for? Guess it just does the extreme pressure let off.

Stand back Gweedz, I think it’s going to blow!

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:56 am

Ahh its just the helium in the core Gweedz.

They put helium in em to make them lighter. Also helps with popping airs. Taj has heaps of helium in his Firewires. In fact the have to make his core really strong so the thing doesn't blow.

scroopulis
Local

Post by scroopulis » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:03 am

A mate of mine has already broken 2 of 'em....

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:10 am

I saw some poor sod walking up the beach last week with his new Firewire in two bits. Yes they do snap. So do the FF. Gotta say though I think both boards are far more resistant to snapping than the standard PU version.

Even Tuflites snap. Seen plenty of snapped Tuflites.

Mabye Firewire could add a 12 month warranty against snapping as yet another marketing tool. You know, like when you go to Bing Lee and buy yer missus a buzzy dick or TV and they offer you extra warranty for $30.

Perhaps the kid behind the counter at the Quickcarroll Quick E Mart could offer you a 12 month warranty for say $50.??

dee-r-e
Grommet

Post by dee-r-e » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:10 pm

My first comment was in jest too dinosaur. I found your first commnet rather amusing
2 days
3 nites

longbum
Local

Re: Problem with my FIREWIRE!!!

Post by longbum » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:42 pm

Gweedz wrote:Ok so I have had my firewire for a few months now and I recently noticed that there are air bubbles forming under the top layer. They mostly seem to be popping up where my pressure dings are. A friend of mine told me its probably from the gasses building up inside the board, because it has been very hot/humid where I live. I noticed that most of them go away when I go in the water. Has anyone had this problem of have heard of it, I tried contacting firewire but they have not got back to me yet.
Take it back to where you got it from and ask the question.....

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:39 pm

Natho wrote:You know, like when you go to Bing Lee and buy yer missus a buzzy dick or TV and they offer you extra warranty for $30.
No actually Natho, I don't know about that.

This reminds me of a friend of mine called Hugh who is a national sales manager for an erotic accessories firm. Watching Hugh engage women in totally straight faced conversations about hardware is a true delight.

Meanwhile back in Surfboard Land, don't tell me! People are BREAKING SURFBOARDS. Not possible.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:05 pm

Nick,

by any chance are you talking about one Hugh G Dick?

If so I know the same guy, he works in the 'adult' industry.

Slowman
regular

Post by Slowman » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:32 pm

Natho wrote:Nick,

by any chance are you talking about one Hugh G Dick?

If so I know the same guy, he works in the 'adult' industry.
Centurion, ith there anything funny when I thay Biggeth Dicketh?

FishStick
Local

Post by FishStick » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:08 pm

I thought it was Hugh G Rection

pinhead
barnacle

Post by pinhead » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:12 pm

Gweedz wrote:Ok so I have had my firewire for a few months now and I recently noticed that there are air bubbles forming under the top layer. They mostly seem to be popping up where my pressure dings are.
With a board of this type of construction, you shouldn't have pressure dents after a few months and you sure as hell shouldn't have any bubbles under the skin, Call FW and demand a replacement.

longbum
Local

Post by longbum » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:26 am

pinhead wrote:
Gweedz wrote:Ok so I have had my firewire for a few months now and I recently noticed that there are air bubbles forming under the top layer. They mostly seem to be popping up where my pressure dings are.
With a board of this type of construction, you shouldn't have pressure dents after a few months and you sure as hell shouldn't have any bubbles under the skin, Call FW and demand a replacement.
why shouldn't you have pressure dings ? (and I'm talking heelies)

Gweedz

Post by Gweedz » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:40 am

Yeah the pressure dings are from my heals after dropping off a heavy floater I landed on it pretty hard and it made a dent.

pinhead
barnacle

Post by pinhead » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:16 pm

longbum wrote:
why shouldn't you have pressure dings ? (and I'm talking heelies)
I have a board Josh Dowling made for me prior to the advent of Firewire, it has the same basic construction - corecell, eps and balsa , two years old and the only mark on it is a tiny ding Josh put in it jumping up and down on it demonstrating how strong it was. If FW are still using corecell, the deck shouldn't have any dents after a couple of months. Corecell is super tough - you can wack it with a hammer unglassed and it hardly dents, with a single layer of 4 oz is almost bullet proof.

xe
regular

Post by xe » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:09 am

where is the guy that was writing FIREWIRE in capitals and that FIREWIRE is this and that and FIREWIRE isn't that so it looks as tho the parabolic web poster has gone awol

FIREWIRE astro turfa might be able to answer

damned

Post by damned » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:54 am

still delamanating eh