souths
100%

Total votes: 1

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

returning too shore

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:28 pm

ok...this is a biggie :!:

when your finished your surf...on your last wave in...HOW DO U COMPLETE YOUR SESSION :?:

do u go the big move...land it....jump too deck and boogie in :?:

do u surf allthe way too the shore and jump off still standing :?:

do u kinda just get washed up and feeble call for mommy :?: :lol:

the last wave of a surf has some sort special scinficane i don;t quite get.....some i can go in on...no worries most happy....otheres...i paddle out well past dark/ deadline get work on time :oops:

cause it's not the wave i want go in on :?

anytakers :arrow:

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:37 pm

you go surf with your brother and when after couple hours you start feeling like you've had enough you make a silent promise to yourself that you won't go in before he does, and you catch wave after wave after wave, keeping your eye on him the whole time and wondering how come he seems not to be getting cold or tired or bored, and the sun goes down and darkness falls and you keep catching waves, and there's a lull in the waves and you find yourself sitting out there bobbing about hardly able to see your bro anymore and wondering if that white thing is his board or you're starting to imagine things, and i don't know what you do after that.

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:39 pm

i like to go in on a good note.
hate to go in when u fark it.

HB
regular

Post by HB » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:10 pm

Definitely have to get a good one in. You can't catch a rail, fill your sinuses full of water and then powerfully stride out of the water. You look and feel like a pelican.

Even if your last wave is a shutdown on a crappy day, a little reo off some broken foam, and then deftly sliding to your belly in one clean motion, sees you cruisng in on what probably is the longest and most enjoyable wave of the session.

You do a little el-rollo in the shorey to remind anyone who's looking (and yourself) that you're a master of your surfcraft, whip the leggie off with one motion, flick your hair back and you style up the beach like you are the shizzy.

Getting out of the water is truly something worth mastering. If you have to pick your way through razor sharp coral heads with deep holes ready to gobble up your ankles and shins...well that's a whole different story.

Yes, I've drifted off topic. But obviously i needed to get that off my chest.
"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly all right"... Jack Norris

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:42 pm

I like to go for it, no matter what. Which often has lead to broken things :cry: but more often pure stoke.

Cant go in on a soft wave, gotta be a solid one.

Oh and no jogging up the beach, cant stand pepople who do that... how the fuck do ya have enough energy to jog home anyways :shock:

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:47 pm

Revolution wrote:I like to go for it, no matter what. Which often has lead to broken things :cry: but more often pure stoke.

Cant go in on a soft wave, gotta be a solid one.

Oh and no jogging up the beach, cant stand pepople who do that... how the **** do ya have enough energy to jog home anyways :shock:
i have energy to jog home if it will stop the old (senile) woman nagging

smackthatlip
regular

Post by smackthatlip » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:58 am

Yeah definately need a good one in. Sets the tone for your whole day :D The way I like to end a sesh is if you get one that peels right through and gives you one last reo onto the sand and then the run up the beach. If you don't get a long one then anythings OK as long as you flair on the last turn. Can't forget to blow your snozz walking up the beach too. Preferably in front of old ladies or young kids :!:

Slowman
regular

Post by Slowman » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:37 am

I like to just paddle in :twisted: don't you? :P

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:46 am

After a long surf i usually do a Pasha Bulka. Beach myself and have a pee.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:00 am

kreepykrawly wrote:After a long surf i usually do a Pasha Bulka. Beach myself and have a pee.
Do you require a tug as well? :D Pasha Polka, where’s Larry!

OK, I like to limp up the beach for a bit of sympathy, no one cares though. :cry:

Colonel Fiction
regular

Post by Colonel Fiction » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:25 am

smackthatlip wrote:Can't forget to blow your snozz walking up the beach too. Preferably in front of old ladies or young kids :!:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last wave can't be a dud; if possible go the lie down or the stay-standing-as-long-as-you-can-after-wave-has-disappeared; but looking composed as you walk up the non-existant sand on the sharp rocks is beyond me.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:01 pm

Far out, rule one, don't decide you're going in till you're up and riding.

'Cause we all know, if you even THINK about going in while sitting waiting for a wave, you will burden that poor wave with the weight of your unholy expectations, and thus F**k It Up, or not even catch it because none of 'em are good enough.

Personally I always try to finish with some sort of lame-arse Duke stance or other stupid gimmick.

Mexican
Grommet

Post by Mexican » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:07 pm

Agreed NC. It is the last wave curse. Never say "one more" coz it will never come. Say "couple more" then go in when you've spanked it to the beach.

That last wave curse has go me so many times..
smnmntl wrote:A boogie board is "watercraft" in the way that a potato gun is "mililtary hardware".

Patto10
Grommet

Post by Patto10 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:30 pm

Problem is, if the "last one" is a screamer, you invariably want to paddle out again.

rabbity7
regular

Post by rabbity7 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:58 pm

My last wave will mostly be a real crap insider that I will kook up big time cause if it is a good one u can't go in cause ur too stoked.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:47 pm

Ric_Vidal wrote:
kreepykrawly wrote:After a long surf i usually do a Pasha Bulka. Beach myself and have a pee.
Do you require a tug as well? :D Pasha Polka, where’s Larry!

OK, I like to limp up the beach for a bit of sympathy, no one cares though. :cry:
If someone tried to molest me on the shoreline i would metamorphosise myself into a transformer and snap their wrist like a twig.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:33 pm

You must never paddle in unless it is a life or job threatening situation. Also the weight of expectations mean a long wait and saying Im just going to catch one in doesn't make anyone give you a wave.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:35 pm

i've heard of bondi locals paddling innn 8) :lol:

i love ride one right too the shore....no prone out gutslidin shi,t...

reo in the shorey....land it step onto the sand and take a bow... :idea: :lol:

and walk away as if it meant nothin 8)