88%
no
13%

Total votes: 16

bro
Local

Post by bro » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:50 pm

Picking up my Hayden Fibre Flex quad next week

I hope you're right about these Natho 8)

porca
regular

Post by porca » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:33 pm

rug, i just hate snapping and breaking boards so Ive been ridng epoxy for ages now and havnt broken a board in a couple of years. So Im going back to what i know.
Cars, i dont give a shit about. Mine is a piece of crap.
I actully like the board but thought i would get rid of it while it is still worth something and buy another epoxy, probably a firewire off longbum

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:51 am

barstardos wrote:You guys have gotta have a lotta time on your hands
hehe, I didn't actually the first few times I tried this... took me three months to bang out my 2nd epoxy / styro board grabbing an hour or two when I could after work of an evening. Now I have even less time, which is why I am reluctant to do it again. I've banged out a couple the "easy" (LOL) way and that's fun too... it's just sometimes you want that *something* extra

munch wrote: BUT i love surfing something I've made. Plus building a different type of board is a hard process and I love thinking things through
yep... that is EXACTLY how I feel about it. How good is it the first time you paddle out on it? I love a brand spanking new shop board as much as the next bloke but there's definitely something more in surfing your very own labour of love. Cheesy I know, but it has more "you" in it. Ha there goes any ligering credibility I may have clung to... :lol: :lol: :lol:

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:59 am

ric_vidal wrote: gay man’s choice = GMC
I'm never gonna be able to walk down that isle in Bunnings without sn1ggering again. I'll have these visions of bib and brace overalls, waxed buffed chests and manly moustaches... holding their... power tool... :shock:

My dad's bandsaw was also pretty good for the vertical cut ric ( but not now he lives 80km away ), but I might just go for the thumbslasher next time. Thanks for the gay tool tip! :lol: :lol: :lol:

surfin39
charger

Post by surfin39 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:28 am

GMC is only good for about 12 go's ... then they break ....

AGM (a great machine) is a good brand only about twice the price of all those cheap crap brands from bunnings and bigW etc. but like 10 times the quality ...

Slowman
regular

Post by Slowman » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:29 am

Rug wrote: Am gunna have to play around with the fins a bit. Had G7000s in the front and Slaters in the back. Really big fins yeah but I went out and purchased 2 side G-AMs and 2 side GXs so the next surf may see the board come to life. I'll chop and change over the next few months to fin a combo that works for me.
I'm using PC3's up front and PGXs at the back (all red). I tried FG7s with SF2s and PGXs and a bunch of others, SF2 up front and even tried 2 3Ds at the back, but like most things the red ones always go best.

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:45 am

I've killed a few Makita's over the yrs, but probably thru lack of maintainence in such a harsh environment. Got a decent quality Ryobi, that although heavier has worked and lasted great. Bought a cheap XU1 brand from bunnings for work on timber so as not to scar the blades on my good planer. I have flogged the crap out of it for 3+ yrs, and cannot kill it. Cost the grand total of $29.99.

longbum
Local

Post by longbum » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:05 pm

salty wrote:
iggy wrote:anyone surfed a quad with channels?
That's something I would be very interested in. Who makes 'em?
surfed one of my brothers and it felt real sticky.....maybe too much waterflow and shit going on.......
He had it made for chopes, so maybe not a good tester, just made for straighlining at max speed.

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:21 pm

Oh I meant to add that the 2nd board I made came in about 16 hours :D

And I've spent about that much on the fins so far :oops:
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

surfin39
charger

Post by surfin39 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:15 pm

^^^^

my first job was in the fin foiling room ... and we were under presure to churn them out in seconds :!: ... now that was a crap job in crap conditions (dust) and crap, mean boss ...

porca
regular

Post by porca » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:56 am

Longbum, how long till you have js paralitic quads in stock

longbum
Local

Post by longbum » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:14 am

porca wrote:Longbum, how long till you have js paralitic quads in stock
Paraletics are in, quads are order only atm and a bit of a wait.
You can check out mine tho :)

going on your earlier posts tho, a FW may be better as I think they are a lot more durable.

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:56 am

:?: for longarse :arrow: re fin setup:

Is there starting to be any conformity in where the fins are being placed :?:

And I suppose this question came about cause of the SA above, and I've ridden boards with that kind of setup and hated em :arrow: like em with the fins setup a bit like a thruster (but front 1/2"+ and back 1/4" +) with back fins 4" apart
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

porca
regular

Post by porca » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:01 am

longbum wrote:
porca wrote:Longbum, how long till you have js paralitic quads in stock
Paraletics are in, quads are order only atm and a bit of a wait.
You can check out mine tho :)

going on your earlier posts tho, a FW may be better as I think they are a lot more durable.
thanks longy i definatly want something more durable.
I think i will do something after chrissy and come and see you

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:04 am

bro wrote:Picking up my Hayden Fibre Flex quad next week

I hope you're right about these Natho 8)
I'm thinking of ordering one as well. Make sure you give us a report bro.

Not that I don't trust Natho's good words, just looking for that ol' second opinion.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:43 pm

Bro, just because i like a board/ don't like a board does not mean that you will be of the same opinion. I gather you were half joking by your comment anyway.

Keep in mind that my comments are only my own personal opinion and relate to my own level of surfing and the way i like to surf. This in no way means that you will like the board too (though I hope you do).

You should not just be buying a board because i said i liked it (Im sure you have other reasons). That said I think the chances of you liking the board (given that you have read my comments) is fairly high.

Now I have had several mates buy a FFlex quads because I like em. now most of these guys a frothing on theirs also. However i do have a mate who just got one and he hates it (he is much bigger and heavier than me).

Likewise I don't like the Simon quads, however there are some on here who love theirs.

So keep an open mind. Chances are however that you will love it.

bojanglez
regular

Post by bojanglez » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:07 pm

Hanging to get on mine... Have a brand new JS 5'11 quad at home which i'm frothing over! just waiting to get stiches out of my hand courtesy of a pissed mate last friday... farken wild turkey's ha ha ha ha

bro
Local

Post by bro » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:34 pm

Settle down Natho I WAS joking of course I will make my own judgement and I promise not to hold you personally responsible :D

I have riden a mates only once but his was much bigger so I thought I would change my order from a thruster to a quad as the speed and flow seemed pretty good

but if its no good I'm sure some one here knows where you live 8)