Hawaii round 2

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Chamberess
Owl status

Hawaii round 2

Post by Chamberess » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:06 pm

Fair is booked and paid for

Now to plan the rest :?

I'll be over there in June.Where's best to stay?Things to check out while i'm over there...

And at the risk of sounding tres blonde...do i need a visa for hawaii?

I heard hawaii is pretty exy, esp food...always wanted to go on a diet :shock: :wink: :lol:

Butts

Post by Butts » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:35 pm

Cess, where to stay, Nick Nack and others I'm sure can point you in the general direction.
Get out of H, and check the other islands. Tres good, tres excellent! 8)
Visa, yep, valid I think from memory for 30 days or less, NC you just got back :!: :wink:

Sleepy
regular

Post by Sleepy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:43 pm

cress, the visa waiver program in the states allows you to stay without a visa for 90 days so you should be sweet

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:49 pm

Butts wrote: NC you just got back :!: :wink:
Condition of NC providing information is you have to buy a board from his ‘crazy sale’.

If you have time, go to Kauai, scenery that will blow you away.

It’s America, food is bountiful, just look at so many of their population - half an axe handle wide. Supermarkets a plenty including booze sales :wink: so you won’t starve nor will it be expensive.

Take in the Bishop Museum, surf Ala Moana, drive around Oahu, blah, blah, blah, do the touristy stuff.

Butts

Post by Butts » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:17 am

Sleepy wrote:cress, the visa waiver program in the states allows you to stay without a visa for 90 days so you should be sweet
Shit sleepy, when did that come in :shock: Thats bloody excellent then 8)

mic
regular

Post by mic » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:26 am

Butts wrote:
Sleepy wrote:cress, the visa waiver program in the states allows you to stay without a visa for 90 days so you should be sweet
Shit sleepy, when did that come in :shock: Thats bloody excellent then 8)
yeh been in for awhile,i didnt have to get one when i went there......yeh foods pretty expensive there,especally on north shore if u go there,but acohol cheap as piss!..so it evens out a bit!

Girlgrom

Post by Girlgrom » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:30 am

I just got back from Hawaii a couple of weeks ago and was surprised how inexpensive it was, despite teh exchange rate. You can get buffet breakfasts, lunch and dinners for $4-$7, all you can eat and everything you can imagine you can eat is there. And this is in Honolulu.
Even cocktails here that would cost upward of $13 are only $6.

North Shore has some places to eat (just ask for the brazilian place - it's not braz food but all these backpackers live there illegally so thats what it's known as) and you can get a huge meal for $10.
The north shore obviously won't be cranking when you go unless you're super lucky, but you have got ti check it out. It's so country - looks like the back of nimbin but right on the beach. Only one main road and no gutters.
Go to the East side of the island, that's amazing - as in '50 First Dates' pretty.

Check out the latest edition of Curl girls surf mag, from the newsagency. I got it yesterday and it has a huge write up about Hawaii and what u need to know.

You will fall in love with the place! But if you're flying dodgy Jetstar, as we did take note not to take any boards over 2m (though we did get a 7'2 on the way back just scrape through), and also take food on the flight, even if you booked a meal. I have never seen portions so small even on airplanes and they are so busy selling entertainment, blankets, arguing with oassengers about what they have to pay for etc it takes so long for them to bring the food around!

And in your hand luggage, take no liquids or gels, if you do it must be under 90mls. They make you chuck out toothpaste, poppas, moisturiser etc because you're flying to the US.

Chamberess
Owl status

Post by Chamberess » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:45 am

yeah i'm flying jetstar.tix were cheap.yeah i saw the board restrictions and having to purchase food,etc.I got it sussed out- a good book, sketch pad and some crossword puzzles/sudoku will keep me entertained for at least the first hour.haha

food is not a big deal to me.i'm not a big eater,but it's good to hear things arn't as exy as i was led to believe.

Havnt decided where i want to stay.Thats my next decision.I'm there for just over 2 1/2 weeks so im not sure if i should stay half the time in north shore and the other half in like waikiki just for the hell of it.I'm a lil bogan/hippie at heart so the northshore sounds perfect :lol:

I'll have to check out that mag,might come in handy.Have a few issues of ASL/tracks at home with the hawaii low-downs but thats aimed at guys.which i am not.

That totally sucks about the hand luggage stuff.I'm glad you told me!10 hours is a long time to fly without having toothpaste,moisturiser,etc on hand.I've got a couple of the emirates toiletries kits at home so i may just use one of those.

Did you happen to do any diving as well while you were over there?

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:11 pm

No visa for quick stay for Aussies, so no AIDs test required. Sleep on the beach @ north shore maybe, it's free. You taking the HG? Oh it was flat last time I saw it :shock: couldn't believe it.

Chamberess
Owl status

Post by Chamberess » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:13 pm

HG? :?

And you're the 2nd person to tell me to sleep on the beach!haha

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:49 pm

It's a brand of board like BB, had a trifin years ago until I left them on a reef near Margs in WA. The north shore locals are really friendly so just join them on the beach and save some $.

Chamberess
Owl status

Post by Chamberess » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:07 pm

oh hot buttered...yeah i know of it :wink:

lovenutz
regular

Post by lovenutz » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:06 pm

if you want to pick up guys its the wrong time of year though. most the pro's will be in indo, or mexico or WCT WQS event. there will be loads of girls to compete with for guys.......so u picked it wrong time to get hammered by pro surfers.

Chamberess
Owl status

Post by Chamberess » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:13 pm

cause that was exactly the whole reason for the trip... :roll:

lovenutz
regular

Post by lovenutz » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:26 pm

come on chamber if I was a girl and wanted to get rooted by surfers I would go to either bali or hawaii. always way more dudes which sux.
its the 21st century chamber just admit it :roll: ...as if a young single girl like you wouldnt want a but of sausage on her holidays. mate I have seen girls do all sorts of things on holidays...spit roasting the boys etc haha. you can play up chamber and know one will ever know!!! :twisted:
damn I am always chasing the pussy on a surf trip overseas :twisted:

Chamberess
Owl status

Post by Chamberess » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:32 pm

guess i'll just have to wait and see what happens :wink:

definitely want to stay single in the lead up to hawaii...but not for the reasons you think lovenutz :lol:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:49 pm

lovenutz wrote:damn I am always chasing the pussy on a surf trip overseas :twisted:
look out boogaloo, you too cat spew :D

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: