Anyone traveled to Mexico? info? best spots?

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

macka

Anyone traveled to Mexico? info? best spots?

Post by macka » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:02 pm

I am planning a trip to Mexico early next year and was wondering if anyone had been that could have some useful information on places to stay, best surf spots, cost, any past experiences that I should look out for.... Cheers...

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:47 am

stuey

Post by stuey » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:59 pm

Only been once. Watch out for chicks ya meet at night. In the mornin ya mite find some of em have moustaches. Escondido is as sick as ya've ever seen it in any mag. And corona is so cheap, ya'II be drinkin more o that than water.

wayback
regular

Post by wayback » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:32 pm

Read "In search of Captain Zero" by Weisbecker (sp?). Don't know how accurate the picture it paints is, but it'll help get you in the groove.

macka

Post by macka » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:54 pm

Thanks guys, this has helped a lot. Cheers, keep it coming if anyone else has good info

Strewth

Post by Strewth » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:06 pm

Go to Pt Escondido it's great both the beach and point, hang out at Mazunte near Pt Angle to meet heaps of good crew and have a great time, it's cheap and less built up and there are beachies over the hill. There are some breaks between Mazunte and Escondido too, one good point break I didn't make it too.

Went to Costa Rica too but Mexico is a lot better for surf.

There's a lot to see in South West Mexico and Guatemala. Good food and people.

I've travelled the world quite extensively and Mexico is one of the best spots I've been to both for sites, surf and cerveza.

Mexico City is also a blast.

Pick up on Spanish before you go.

Go! It's all time.