South Sumtara - Land Based

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Natho
barnacle

South Sumtara - Land Based

Post by Natho » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:35 am

Anyone done a trip to any land based camps in South Sumatra?

If so I would be interested in any feedback on the area/camps/waves.
I have been invited to the Sectet Sumatra camp.
Many thanks

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:33 pm

Natho wrote:
As for Secret Sumatra, keep an open mind. My mate just got back. He said the accomodation was very basic, and you could get a room in town that was better for much less. The camp is a long way from many breaks. He said the food sucked, with many people there getting sick. He also said the waves were were very average and not what you travel to indo for. He would never go back. Then again that's just one guys opinion.
are you on drugs Natho ?

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:47 pm

i've been around there now. don't bother. nothing there. and the camps are shit. waves hard to get to. big sharks and lots of malaria. go to bali instead.

peace 8)

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:29 pm

Salty . he first posted this topic on 19 September and his reply in a separate topic was 30 october when he said he just spoke to his mate after returning from there. :oops:
Sorry Natho ...im the one on drugs..but listen to cliff as well maybe it aint all that good.
And Saltman ..do your own bloody research...its there all along....but then again you could just keep on waiting and waiting and waiting....for a reply.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:33 pm

saltman wrote:
kreepykrawly wrote:Salty . he first posted this topic on 19 September and his reply in a separate topic was 30 October when he said he just spoke to his mate after returning from there. :oops:
Sorry Natho ...im the one on drugs..but listen to cliff as well maybe it aint all that good.
And Saltman ..do your own bloody research...its there all along....but then again you could just keep on waiting and waiting and waiting....for a reply.
Point taken - KK - but maybe Natho should have posted in the thread he started
Do my own Bloody research eh! Isn't that óne reason these forums exist - And remember KK you dont mind using them to research either see below just a few KK originated questions

Is Nick Carrol jealous of TC?
Who is the Milo Lidder ?
How do you tell if your mad or not ?
[/quote]
Yes but the difference is my questions hadn't been answered yet..yours have(maybe not the mad one :roll: ).
The answer to your question was easy to find ..all i did was look up Indonesian related topics on the first page and vola....
Mate if you go back far enough you will find most questions and topics in say the last year have already been posted in the past( obviously excluding current affairs).
Anyway i guess this is your way of saying thank you.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:30 pm

Ha ha. Clif is on the money :D