Villas in Bali

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

jobw

Villas in Bali

Post by jobw » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:40 pm

Anyone got any good suggestions for reasonable villas to stay in Bali with Family? Im thinking on Bukit Peninsula or maybe up at Canggu / Tanah Lot. Id like to stay in a shack on the beach at Dreamlands or Bingin but not sure if wife and baby will like it.
thanks

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:11 pm

Medewi's pretty nice and away from the mayhem of Kuta. About 3hours cab ride north of the airport. Swish little resort type setup with these cool bathrooms with the rooms. The main break's a long left, but there's a right a bit further down the track too. Cheap, quieter, and saw some empty waves on the trip there too that i'd love to go back and suss. Just an idea...

Damien
regular

Post by Damien » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:47 am

I stayed at a place called Rocky’s Bungalows at Ulu’s with the wife and baby last year and would highly recommend it. There is a sign on the Ulus road just before you get to the Ulus carpark. It has nice rooms with air con and has a swimming pool with a cool view over the ocean. You can walk to ulus in 5 minutes or less through a cow paddock. Rooms are nice and staff are very cool. The Bungalows are very safe as they don’t call the owner Rocky for nothing, he looks like a Balo version of Big Arnie and is a very nice guy. The costs at the time were about 250,000 to 300,000 which is about 35 to 40$ aus a night depending on whether you want air con or not.

betterIwas
Grommet

Post by betterIwas » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am

This is a villa at Canguu. Looks pretty good but I have not stayed there. Lack of pool fencing may be a problem with a child though.

http://users.onmyweb.net/epiph/index.htm

Zaffa
regular

Post by Zaffa » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:27 pm

this is gonna be of limited use to you cos I can't remember the name of the place but when i stayed at binging a new villa had just started up - perfect for the family and pretty well kitted out. it had all the luxuries of home and very nice bedroooms and bathrooms - good luck finding it though! you could just turn up though Bingin is an awsome beach and has plenty of options