Winter surf in Noosa

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Chrisp
barnacle

Winter surf in Noosa

Post by Chrisp » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:43 pm

Hey all,

I'm headed to Noosa for a few days next month, what do you boys think I'll need wettie wise? I'm thinking of taking my steamer and my titanium vest with boardies, I would love to be in the boardies :D

Anyone think I have any chance?

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:54 pm

springie...or short sleeve steamer

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:57 pm

i reckon for this type of year long armed springy...or a sealed springy...

Its like surfing here about 2months ago.

Chrisp
barnacle

Post by Chrisp » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:58 pm

Cheers for the tips,

I'll go with the steamer & titaninum vest & hope for the best

surfaus
regular

Post by surfaus » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:28 pm

Hey m8, I moved to the goldy from Syd last year and am barely able to wear my titanium steamer as it get too warm, so I use my cheap Peak steamer. It lets enough water in to keep me at the right temp.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:39 pm

Vest or 2mm spring max.

fong

Post by fong » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:56 am

oh chrisp, scarves are sooo in at hastings street or 1st point this year, don't 4 get talk on u mobile much u can ( texting sooooo working class) and if u beer doesn't cost $6 ......well, pooys, it's just not yuppie noosa :lol:

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:56 pm

fong wrote:oh chrisp, scarves are sooo in at hastings street or 1st point this year, don't 4 get talk on u mobile much u can ( texting sooooo working class) and if u beer doesn't cost $6 ......well, pooys, it's just not yuppie noosa :lol:
fong strikes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(tha voice of reality) :twisted: :twisted:

Chrisp
barnacle

Post by Chrisp » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:38 am

Thanks for the tips Fonga :wink:

But what colour scarf should I go for so that it matches my skin tight pink shirt and ass hugging jeans :roll:
And is there any other beer than that which costs $6........I didn't know there was cheaper beer :?

:lol:

gman
Grommet

Post by gman » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:45 am

I surf on the sunshine coast most days. I wear a longsleeve rashie or 1mm and boardies. I have not worn my spring suit yet this year. Noosa (the points) are really good waves but crowded if it does get good. If your based at Noosa, get a car and check out Pitta Street at Perigian Beach, Sunshine, A-Bay or Yaroomba. They all have great banks at the moment and you should have a max of 2-10 guys in the water during the week. Pick a peak and enjoy. This morning I surfed near wurtulla by myself.

Chrisp
barnacle

Post by Chrisp » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:56 pm

gman wrote:I surf on the sunshine coast most days. I wear a longsleeve rashie or 1mm and boardies. I have not worn my spring suit yet this year. Noosa (the points) are really good waves but crowded if it does get good. If your based at Noosa, get a car and check out Pitta Street at Perigian Beach, Sunshine, A-Bay or Yaroomba. They all have great banks at the moment and you should have a max of 2-10 guys in the water during the week. Pick a peak and enjoy. This morning I surfed near wurtulla by myself.
Thanks Gman, I've got the car sorted, will probably just have a cruise around, I'm liking the sound of the 1mm vest, actually I'm just liking the sound of being back in the water.........study :(