mid-north coast australia

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

amaccas

mid-north coast australia

Post by amaccas » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:42 pm

Gday, long time forum lurker - first time poster.

gonna go on a bit of a "surfing safari" over the Easter period up around the mid-North coast area of NSW. Gonna be based at Laurieton (30 mins south of port macquarie) and am looking for any ideas of good places to hit. I holidayed there heaps when I was younger but never really ventured outside of the main beaches in the area. Now I've got a car (6"2 and 7" minimal) looking for a few decent places to surf.

I know how reluctant people are to post in public about secret/semi-secret spots and I'm not askin for that. Just wondering if anyone could just send me a friendly pm with some good places and locations to surf.

macca

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:25 pm

Ifyour going to be based at Laurieton then North Haven Wall is a good start. Between there and Port Maquarie there are a few nice setups. Finding them shouldnt be too hard but be prepared for crowds.

amaccas

Post by amaccas » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:08 pm

google earth :?

sounds time consuming. im only going up with 1 other mate (for 3 or 4 days max) so its not like im gonna be bringing a minibus full of 15 boogers to ruin any secret/semi secret spots lol.

Freshie Boy
regular

Post by Freshie Boy » Wed May 03, 2006 11:42 am

north haven is probs the best wave there, aorund where ur staying.

rainbow beach (bonny hills) bit north of laurieton is ok, thats Darren O'Rafferty (CT surfer) home break. and north of there again, at Lake Cathie (pronounced cat-eye) is a right hander called middle rock, which is probs the most consistent wave around there. easy to find. i will pm u

forget google earth, hit nautical maps mate, could well be the most useful tool ever, too bad people cant read em for shite.

Freshie Boy
regular

Post by Freshie Boy » Wed May 03, 2006 11:45 am

and seein school hols are over i dont think you will have too much of a problem with crowds, there will be a few old mates out there, but just have respect and all will be well. yeh i wont pm with how to get to spots, finding em is half the fun, and unless ur totally retarded it wont take you very long.

have fun. and i guess if ur in real trouble, crescent is only a drive on the hwy past port.

still here
charger

Post by still here » Wed May 03, 2006 1:39 pm

Freshie boy wakes from a deep slumber and discovers that Easter has passed him by .
"Shit" he says bewildered .... has ANZAC day passed too ??
What is the date , where am I , whats going on ??

In a confused state he decides to curry favour with the local mid north coast boys he calls "mates" by naming some semi secret spots in a reply to someone questioning where to go during an Easter vac . Or is it just about bragging his "local knowledge" and "local mates" .

Nice one ... :shock: You da man :!:

still here
charger

Post by still here » Wed May 03, 2006 1:40 pm

Freshie boy wakes from a deep slumber and discovers that Easter has passed him by .
"Shit" he says bewildered .... has ANZAC day passed too ??
What is the date , where am I , whats going on ??

In a confused state he decides to curry favour with the local mid north coast boys he calls "mates" by naming some semi secret spots in a reply to someone questioning where to go during an Easter vac . Or is it just about bragging his "local knowledge" and "local mates" .

Nice one ... :shock: You da man :!:

Freshie Boy
regular

Post by Freshie Boy » Wed May 03, 2006 7:54 pm

if thats a semi secret spot i must have been a local in a past life, cause ive surfed M.R since i was 10, and i live in syd! u guys obviously havent thought to take down the street signs i guess. oh well.

in any case sorry to upset u mate. i didnt tell him how to get there anyway. and if anyone has a shred of commonsense, any idiot would be able to find ur "semi secret spot". semi secret...wat a joke.

have u heard of this "semi-secret" break? its caled pipeline, no-one surfs it hey, just a few locals and me.