Cabins/Cottages to rent South or central Coast

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

kateontour

Cabins/Cottages to rent South or central Coast

Post by kateontour » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:07 am

Anyone recommend any Cabins/Cottages to rent on the South Coast or Central Coast. For 2 - 4 people, not too far from the beach - a view or a drive is ok, decent standard?

Used to be a load in the Margaret River region but I can't seem to find anything like that over here - just bloody big houses or stinky little units in Avoca.

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:17 pm

Avoca gets too packed, you are petter off heading to like woy woy or sometihng and driving to killcare on the central coast... In the holidays Avoca is hectic, i am running away these hols....
.whitey.

Cactus2099

Post by Cactus2099 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:31 pm

Down south, try the Lake Conjola caravan park for a cabin. Green Island is only a short paddle away.

The park is clean, quiet and cwalking distance to the bowling club.
You have to grow old: Nobody said you had to grow up...

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:52 pm

donnys cabins at lake conjola YEH YEH YEH

RIP Donny

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:08 pm

what about places to pitch a tent?
im heading south for a trip too, might even spend a few nights in Bega where my brother currently lives. Any good spots around there? (im not asking for specifics)

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:47 pm

merkin wrote:Macca. You are not serious. No one heads south and pitches a tent at this time of year.

Don't bother replying 'coz I just wanted to rub it in I'm going north. Yes north. Six weeks. Hot running water. Point breaks. See you when I get back. BWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE.
haha ok, i don't think id trust my mate in a tent anyways :shock: :lol: . well im considering north aswell. just not sure of cheap places to stay at.
The only cheap place ive stayed up north was the hotel at Yamba. I suppose i could consider some spots around there.

AV

Post by AV » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:04 am

A cabin at Kioloa or a tent at Pretty. Gives you access to dozens of spots for most conditions, with beaut scenery. Watch out for the totally ridiculous National Parks carparking fee at Pretty.

Gazza

Post by Gazza » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:49 am

For those of you who have a family, Racecourse beach caravan park near Bawley Point has great cabins right on the sand. Can’t remember the cabin numbers but there are three of them that have no road frontage, walk off the veranda straight onto the sand. Kids can play on the beach whilst you sit on the veranda and suck back liquid stimulants. Sand mines beachbreak is a short 10 minute stroll up the beach and at this time of year the park and waves are pretty empty. Sometimes the park has great specials on at this time of year as well. One of the best places I have found on the south coast to balance family life with surfing, maximises my time in the water and with the kids and keeps the wife happy because I'm around more. If the swell gets big there are plenty of other options not to far away(that’s when the wife gets shitty).