Front shoulder pain.

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: Shari, collnarra, Butts, Forum Moderators

batoes
charger

Re: Front shoulder pain.

Post by batoes » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Beerfan wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:35 pm
batoes wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:10 pm
Yeah - it's weird. No shoulder pain, so they have ruled out frozen shoulder thus far. There was damage to the supraspinatus as well and that's where they think it has come from. Acupuncture has been the only thing to really help. Endone, endep and a range of other drugs didn't do much except make me tired and mixed up.
When it comes good enough to be ready for rehab Baimed in town are genius physios. NRL, A league, NBL players, they've treated everyone. A few surfers there too, in fact there's a signed "thanks for fixing me up" board from Mick fanning up on the wall, among many others.

They even got me back in the water haha

I still go every 3 months
Thanks Beery - did you go Gong or Kiama? I've done a bit, but it had little effect. Acupuncture has been good, which is weird because i didn't give it much cred to be honest!
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:48 pm

Beanpole wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:25 pm
Yeah, my arm went through all sorts of weird shit for about a year. Sitting in a chair could be painful. Elbow would heat up and throb, pins and needles in the fingers, aching shoulder blade. But no real reason for one happening or the other at any time. Still can't wear a wrist watch on that arm.
From all accounts - the shoulder is all guess work...

It sounds ridiculous, but i would much prefer something to be broken, at least then it could be fixed :-?
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

Beerfan
Snowy McAllister

Post by Beerfan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:21 am

batoes wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:46 pm
Beerfan wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:35 pm
batoes wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:10 pm
Yeah - it's weird. No shoulder pain, so they have ruled out frozen shoulder thus far. There was damage to the supraspinatus as well and that's where they think it has come from. Acupuncture has been the only thing to really help. Endone, endep and a range of other drugs didn't do much except make me tired and mixed up.
When it comes good enough to be ready for rehab Baimed in town are genius physios. NRL, A league, NBL players, they've treated everyone. A few surfers there too, in fact there's a signed "thanks for fixing me up" board from Mick fanning up on the wall, among many others.

They even got me back in the water haha

I still go every 3 months
Thanks Beery - did you go Gong or Kiama? I've done a bit, but it had little effect. Acupuncture has been good, which is weird because i didn't give it much cred to be honest!
Definately the gong one mate. Yeah I found acupuncture worked on my elbow tendinitis when nothing else did. Months of annoying pain 75% gone within a few sessions. If it works who cares haha
we are the angry mob
We read the papers everyday
We like who we like, we hate who we hate
But we're also easily swayed