Torn bicep?

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Torn bicep?

Post by Trev » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:46 pm

Kunji wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:28 pm
Trev wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:16 pm
An ultrasound today (shoulder issue) also confirmed that I tore my bicep about a year ago. Everyone seems to agree they wouldn't have bother operating anyway at my age.
Apart from the initial pain and for a few weeks after, I've had no issues. Just my bicep is a fcuking weird shape.
My shoulder however is another matter.
Do you know which tendon is ruptured? There are two at the top that attach the bicep to the shoulder and one at the bottom. Mine was a severed long head tendon at the top.

I go in for a left shoulder arthoscopy and subpectoral bicep tenodesis tomorrow.

4 weeks sling, 8 week no lifting, 3 months total rehab. Doc said the procedure will be a full recovery. Stoked. Im quite an active guy, though. Usually 6 days a week in gym/running &/or surf, so i gotta figure out a new exercise routine that doesnt involve upper body. Might get Carroll on the job.
All the best with it Coops.
I don't know which one. I'll ask the doc when I'm next seeing him but it's about 10 days away.
Thinking back to the ultrasound, I think when the radiographer said it was torn he had the sensor up on the shoulder.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:52 pm

Word has it Carroll is great for below the waistline activities.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:05 pm

Got back now. Was a success. Endoscopy and reattached the tendon. My shoulder feels exactly like my bone was drilled into, which it was. Was in for 11 hours all up. Asked to go home. But failed to pass their tests at first. Man im so sore. And totally smacked out. Had 12mg of oxys fed in IV along with the general anesthetic. Oh boy. I spewed heaps. Not cut out for opiates. Now comes the hard part. Recovery.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:10 pm

Kunji wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:05 pm
Got back now. Was a success. Endoscopy and reattached the tendon. My shoulder feels exactly like my bone was drilled into, which it was. Was in for 11 hours all up. Asked to go home. But failed to pass their tests at first. Man im so sore. And totally smacked out. Had 12mg of oxys fed in IV along with the general anesthetic. Oh boy. I spewed heaps. Not cut out for opiates. Now comes the hard part. Recovery.
Rest easy my brother, the dog fucker isn't coming to Manly, painkillers are temporary and life is extraordinary.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:26 pm

Kunji wrote:
Just think about your wedding. :-D-:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:38 am

Kunji wrote:
Good luck with it mate. Do heaps of walking in the mean time, it'll keep you sane. And do your rehab religiously !

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:30 am

Eleven hours is a long ordeal. Do the doctors work in shifts, take piss breaks, have pizzas delivered?
Best of luck for a speedy recovery coops.
marauding mullet wrote:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:13 am

offshore1 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:30 am
Eleven hours is a long ordeal. Do the doctors work in shifts, take piss breaks, have pizzas delivered?
I dont think he meant 11 hours of operation.
They just kept him in recovery longer.
Beanpole

Skipper

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:19 am

Trev wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:13 am
offshore1 wrote:
I don't know about everyone else but I'm stoked Realsurf has a top shelf philosopher king mod.
Thanks Trev, that makes more sense.
marauding mullet wrote:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:37 am

offshore1 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:19 am
Trev wrote:
offshore1 wrote:
I don't know about everyone else but I'm stoked Realsurf has a top shelf philosopher king mod.
When I had a hernia op a while back it was just day surgery but I ended up staying in a few hours longer while they waited for me to "come down" from the effects of something in the anti nausea concoction they add to the anaesthetic. Something called Droperidol. Whhooooo!
Beanpole

Skipper

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:31 am

I've never had an operation but I'm not devoid of medical issues.
For the good of humanity and in consideration of the fairer more delicate sex I'm thinking of at least an eleven hour penis reduction procedure. It'll definitely take at least that long to hew away my wankhammer to more civilised proportions.
marauding mullet wrote:

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:51 am

Trev wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:37 am
offshore1 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:19 am
Trev wrote:
offshore1 wrote:
When I had a hernia op a while back it was just day surgery but I ended up staying in a few hours longer while they waited for me to "come down" from the effects of something in the anti nausea concoction they add to the anaesthetic. Something called Droperidol. Whhooooo!
Thanks fellas! Still very sore today. No way i can put a tee on yet.

Got married last weekend! Was a magical day :)
------------

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:58 pm

awesome coops! no not the weeding, the t thing.
;-)

i came across some good film/cinephle musings, will send it thru some time soon.
oh, and check out Godless on Netflix. Outstanding 7 part Western series, and sure to take your mind off the pain.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:21 am

Greetings, congratulations and best wishes from Vietnam, Kunji
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:04 pm

swvic wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:21 am
Greetings, congratulations and best wishes from Vietnam, Kunji
Thanks swivel and Skipp!
------------

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:27 am

Congrats mate! Make sure in between newly wed shagging you get some rehab done lol

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Just had confirmation from the Doc my bicep is torn and has been for ages. Chronic rupture of the longhead of the biceps tendon with fatty atrophy of the biceps.
No point in surgery. I wouldn't go for it anyway.
Everything else is normal apart from a subacromial bursitis. Gonna try some physio.
Beanpole

Skipper

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:13 am

A common injury it would seem. How is your mobility?
------------