Indonesia July school holidays?

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Indonesia July school holidays?

Post by Drailed » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Don;t go to lakey peak, its shithouse.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:29 pm

Goofy, as are the two others I'll be travelling with. I don't have a problem going right though.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:01 am

Im going in 2 weeks. With the family and a non surfing family. Got a lot of activities planned, mostly for the kids. Staying in Seminyak.

What are the chances of getting some kind of wave around Seminyak ? I haven't surfed a lot this year ( or much the last few years either lol ) but will be taking a board. Mostly because if I do get some free time and there is a wave I'll kick myself if I don't have one.

Is it going to be a crowded cluster fluk?

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:18 am

In front of Ku De Ta where the creek goes out. At low tide if the swells not too big.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:44 am

Much appreciated beany

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:05 am

Great trip, especially for a family. Waves near the hotel were full of surf schools. I saw airport lefts from a tower at waterbom ( 2kms away ) and was glad I didn't get a boat out there, overhead and over my head.

Did a heap of day trips. 30km Mountain bike ride in Ubud, awesome riding through rice paddies and farms. White water rafting, pretty mild rapids but you do it for the view which is awesome. Full day boat trip to Lembongan, terrible terrible rough as guts to get there, Mrs beerfan was pretty sick. I wasn't but didn't love the trip. Once there it was great though. Waterbom all day for the kids, I must've done 30 rides myself haha. Uluwatu temple, this got postponed once due to some stomach issues, then on the day we went it pissed down for hours and we left it til very late in the day but it cleared up beautifully and we saw the fire dance at sunset, epic place, and a must do. Saw the memorial at Kuta too.

Best thing I think was the people. So friendly and learning just a few words and greetings got lots of smiles.

The traffic is off the richter, so frustrating. Cheap as but we did a hell of a lot of walking. And drank a hell of a lot of Bintang :)

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:24 pm

No surfing then?
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Nope! Went with non surfing friends and family. Could have walked further down towards Legian where it seemed better but never did.

We stayed down the Legian end of Seminyak. We went to the other end which was a bit more ritzy for dinner but preferred the Legian end.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:47 pm

As long as you had fun.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:31 am

Beanpole wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:47 pm
As long as you had fun.
That's the determinant of the best surfer isn't it? The one having the most kilojoules of fun.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.