Melbourne.

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: Shari, collnarra, Butts, Forum Moderators

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 21975
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Melbourne.

Post by steve shearer » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:39 pm

some say is Australias answer to the soviet gulags.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

channels
Harry the Hat
Posts: 3476
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 4:36 pm
Location: Northen Beaches

Re: Melbourne.

Post by channels » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:17 pm

Some are correct.

The footy is good though.

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 21975
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Melbourne.

Post by steve shearer » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:46 pm

are there any Melburnians on the boards here?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

User avatar
saltman
Owl status
Posts: 3691
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Location: a short walk up the beach

Re: Melbourne.

Post by saltman » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:07 pm

Bit harsh Steve
Not a bad place to visit but couldn't live there
steve shearer wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Loof is just projecting again, he's been eating his own semen since the age of 10.

User avatar
crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 22464
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: good fanks

Re: Melbourne.

Post by crabmeat thompson » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:33 am

it's the closest australia comes to a true cultural hub ... and none of that quasi sydney shit-cutlure mongs here espouse. but it's a true cultural experience. inner city and the immediate surrounding areas are full of acceptance for fellow humans, the best food and drink and variety of both in all of australia and for the ladies, world class shopping.

a surfer wouldn't want to live there ... but surfers are damned to eternal hell with this curse of living by an active ocean. fighting that natural impulse to live at the sea against forces of gentrification and bleak job prospects for their entire miserable existence.

melbourne > (x 1 000 000 000 ) sydney
steve shearer wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am
You are both absorbing salt and urinating.

User avatar
Cranked
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 5969
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:52 am
Location: Willetton

Re: Melbourne.

Post by Cranked » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:42 am

Film director Hazanavicius caused controversy when he wrote a defiant open letter to Islamic State after the 13 November attacks in Paris. “Here in France, what we love is life,” he wrote. “And the pleasures that go with it. For us, between being born and dying as late as possible, the main idea is to fuschia, laugh, eat, play, fuschia, drink, read, take a nap, fuschia, talk, eat, argue, paint, fuschia, take a walk … read, fuschia, give, fuschia, sleep, watch movies, scratch our balls, fart to make our friends laugh, but above all to fuschia, and eventually get a nice little handjob.” He showed it to his wife in advance. “I was, like: ‘Hey, you’re fucking a lot!’” she laughs.

Would that describe Melbournians too?

**** fcuk (ing)
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 21975
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Melbourne.

Post by steve shearer » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:44 am

Melburnians in their wildest europhilic dreams couldn't hope to be anything more than a dismal third rate imitation french city - with the ugliest outer suburbs anywhere in the world, divided by a muddy little ditch and united by the most ridiculous football code on the planet.

What has this much vaunted cultural life of Melbourne produced?

Germaine Greer? Anything else apart from a procession of boof headed racist, misogynistic footy fcukheads that make rugby league commentators look like the Dalai Lama.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

alakaboo
Duke Status
Posts: 16249
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Melbourne.

Post by alakaboo » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:06 am

On your rags again Steve? This comes around about every 9 months

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 21975
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Melbourne.

Post by steve shearer » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:14 am

maybe I'm pregnant?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

User avatar
saltman
Owl status
Posts: 3691
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Location: a short walk up the beach

Re: Melbourne.

Post by saltman » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:40 am

^^^
Loofy get one away?
steve shearer wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Loof is just projecting again, he's been eating his own semen since the age of 10.

User avatar
crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 22464
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: good fanks

Re: Melbourne.

Post by crabmeat thompson » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:31 pm

i hear he's having twins.
steve shearer wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am
You are both absorbing salt and urinating.

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 29381
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Counting fins

Re: Melbourne.

Post by Beanpole » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:15 am

I've been to Melbourne three times. Once while I was in college.
Once hitchhiking down the south coast with my girlfriend. That was a great hitch actually. Picked up by a car of aboriginal fruit pickers. We shared their flagon. Got to Batemans Bay. I said I'd by them a drink at the pub. Publican wouldn't let them in. Hit Eden and a guy drove us through a burnt out landscape in his Beetle. He said he had been up three days fighting the fire. Had a couple of cones with him. Caught th train back. Heard John Lennon had been shot. Melbourne was okay. Stayed with friends who were working for Channel 9 I think it was.

Rustt
barnacle
Posts: 1676
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Re: Melbourne.

Post by Rustt » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:59 pm

Grew up in Melbourne, but it's a different place now. As far as surfing goes I doubt it would be any different to living in western Sydney, freeways will drop you around either side of the bay in little over an hour, so you have a choice of points to the west and beachies to the east.

Beerfan
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8045
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: Melbourne.

Post by Beerfan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:29 pm

steve shearer wrote:Melburnians in their wildest europhilic dreams couldn't hope to be anything more than a dismal third rate imitation french city - with the ugliest outer suburbs anywhere in the world, divided by a muddy little ditch and united by the most ridiculous football code on the planet.

What has this much vaunted cultural life of Melbourne produced?

Germaine Greer? Anything else apart from a procession of boof headed racist, misogynistic footy fcukheads that make rugby league commentators look like the Dalai Lama.
.


Please fill us in on what Byron has to offer the world Steve? Fire twirling and naturally made soap isn't culture before you get excited
we are the angry mob
We read the papers everyday
We like who we like, we hate who we hate
But we're also easily swayed

bobjs
Local
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:06 pm

Re: Melbourne.

Post by bobjs » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:36 pm

Reminds me of Homer Simpson versus New York
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znJMs86jyww

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 29381
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Counting fins

Re: Melbourne.

Post by Beanpole » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:42 pm

Crystals.

User avatar
--++sunstroke++--
Harry the Hat
Posts: 3351
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: the office

Re: Melbourne.

Post by --++sunstroke++-- » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:03 pm

Braithy wrote:it's the closest australia comes to a true cultural hub ... and none of that quasi sydney shit-cutlure mongs here espouse. but it's a true cultural experience. inner city and the immediate surrounding areas are full of acceptance for fellow humans, the best food and drink and variety of both in all of australia and for the ladies, world class shopping.

a surfer wouldn't want to live there ... but surfers are damned to eternal hell with this curse of living by an active ocean. fighting that natural impulse to live at the sea against forces of gentrification and bleak job prospects for their entire miserable existence.

melbourne > (x 1 000 000 000 ) sydney

Nailed it.

Sydney relies on a false belief that it is better than Melbourne / Vic.

Yes we have a great harbour, yes we have the beaches, national parks & Blue Mountains. But the underlying fake attitude of the majority of people from Sydney, with the lie that they carry around in order to believe that higher housing & rental costs, ghettos & no go zones with a dash of racism for good measure somehow outweighs a place of true international culture is just plain bullshit.

Look at the Comedy scene - Melbourne is the home of comedy in Australia

Music - A commercial "festival" in Sydney which attracts the worst type of punter goes for about 10 hours (thank god). In Melbourne, Rainbow gets 15 000 amazing people from all around the world & goes for 4-5 days. Also better dj's & live acts, nightclubs & night life in general - no lock out laws down there anymore.

Formula 1 - Albert Park

MotoGP - Phillip Island

Surfing - WCT - Bells Beach and Gold Coast, none in Sydney.
Sunshine, rainbows & happy balloons, all throughout the sky.

User avatar
Trev
Duke Status
Posts: 19147
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: Melbourne.

Post by Trev » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:40 pm

^
Your argument falls down on the sports, sunny.
NSW has the WRC, which trumps all of the ones you listed.
I curse their head & all the hairs of their head; I curse their face, their brain, their mouth, their nose, their tongue, their teeth, their forehead, their shoulders, their breast, their heart, their stomach, their back, their womb, their arms, their legs, their hands, their feet & all their body, from the top of their head to the soles of their feet, before and behind, within and without

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests