Nusa Lembogan and Keramas

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Nusa Lembogan and Keramas

Post by Davros » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:44 am

Looking for an opinion really. Heading to Bali early October and tossing a coin on Nusa Lembogan and Keramas.

I hear Nusa Lembogan is pretty filthy and Shipwrecks can be crowded and the break shifty. There's that and really there are 2 other real breaks (lacerations/playgrounds). It's all high tide surfing as well.

Keramas, busy out the front but with a good boat guide there's good breaks around. I know less about it. Any help appreciated.

Gotta say a few total strangers have talked down Nusa Lembogan.

Advice appreciated

el rancho
Duke Status

Re: Nusa Lembogan and Keramas

Post by el rancho » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:18 pm

went to both in march last year.
lembongan is great but yeah swell picks up on higher tide, often boatloads of surfers on day trips from sanur show up.
keramas is a really good wave, if you stay there you can get it reasonably uncrowded in the mornings.

I really dug lembongan, dunno why anybody would say it's filthy. coulda got unlucky with ocean currents. It's far dirtier on Bali.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:13 pm

keramas ... super fun wave even if it's 1 foot.

there's beachies south of there that get alright too, and you'll be surfing it all by yourself. 10k's further south there's a super fun reef too.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:47 pm

Ta chaps. Good info.

philw
Local

Post by philw » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:20 pm

Never surfed Keramas but done a few trips to Lembongan - it's not dirty compared to rest of bali, water is clear. A short trip into the interior will reveal a festering rubbish tip tho...

Shipwrecks is shifty. Sucks in all swell on high tide push so size can jump and catch you out. Inside is possibly very unpleasant if yr in wrong place...and it gets crowded. Playgrounds is perfectly shaped and generally small, and it gets infested with all types as soon as it breaks. Lacerations needs more swell than playgrounds. Is uncommon.

But it's a pleasant, low key change from Bali though. Best surfs I've had were off peak moments, when tide is just changing, so smaller crowds.

Ceningan is accessible by boat or bike. Throws up sudden peaks from deep, can be cold water, I was hassled by a shark there ... No shit ... Be warned!

philw
Local

Post by philw » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:24 pm

For anyone who disbelieves the shark story, the new resort ( if u can call it that ) had a shark net on beach when I was last there about 4 years ago... Local guy wouldn't admit it was for sharks ... Chomped tourists bad for business...

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:19 pm

Thanks guys based on a whole set of variables have book Keramas..more options the winner. The shark didnt help lembogans case.