North Shore Oahu

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

ledtool
regular

North Shore Oahu

Post by ledtool » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:10 pm

So i'm going to Hawaii in Sept for a couple of weeks. Staying at Turtlebay for a week. Has any one got recommendations for things to go and see and do and where to eat while i'm there? Have hired a car if that helps.

I plan on dropping in on as many locals as possible if there are any waves. i hear its a good way to meet people.

Cheers!

rmb
barnacle

Re: North Shore Oahu

Post by rmb » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Crystal Meth abuse has become a cultural experience amongst the locals otherwise bashing and intimidating visiting surfers.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Could be a good time to go for a surf if you luck it, though some breaks will not have had time to offload their sand build up that early in the season I would think. Plenty of great breaks outside of the big name spots up Haleiwa way. Somewhere like Jocko's could be good if a swell is on. Other than surfing not a whole lot to do on the north Shore in my opinion unless you like Golf or snorkelling. Go for a drive further around the island. At least you have a car. Turtlebay is a good location. The resort was pretty old and tired when I was last there so just don't go with high expectations.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:50 pm

Fantastic restaurants and shopping in Haliewa, you won't be bored.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes