Jetstar

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Jetstar

Post by Beanpole » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:33 pm

Arguably the most annoying airline to deal with online. Although I hear Tiger is pretty damn bad too.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

brendo
barnacle

Re: Jetstar

Post by brendo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:58 am

Beanpole wrote:Arguably the most annoying airline to deal with online. Although I hear Tiger is pretty damn bad too.

only online? wait till they call 3 days before and cancel your flight. or you try to land at Ballina and theres a bit of fog so they drop you off at the goldy.....
but it is annoying when booking that you have to opt out of everything to get the $49 special otherwise it ends up about $120!

marauding mullet
Duke Status

Post by marauding mullet » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:06 am

Jetstar. I'm yet to work out how they get away with charging extra for a seat during the online booking process.
Seriously, that's without even choosing your own seat. :shock:

Tiger are off my list after they cancelled a flight from Adelaide to Newcastle after I had checked my luggage through, due to "operational reasons" i.e. they didn't sell enough seats to make it worthwhile flying.
petulance wrote: 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011
Lucky Al wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:07 pm
You're a spazz Mighty Sunbird.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:35 am

Return JS flight flight from Sydney was cancelled 2 hrs before scheduled departure. Notified by SMS which said call this number or check your email. Had the 'puter so checked email instead of calling because I thought it'd be quicker to sort it all online. Email said call the number! So I call and the guy gets me on a flight a couple hours later than the scheduled which is ok. Then he puts me on hold, comes back after a few minutes to tell me I can't get that flight because during the time I was on hold, he was unchecking me from the cancelled flight and now the seats weren't available. Unchecking me from a cancelled flight? You are fcuking kidding. Flight was at 11:30. Avalon at 12:40. Home at 3 am. Work at 8

To their credit, the man on the phone was very apologetic and kept his composure throughout despite me getting a bit shitty with him. They gave me a $16 (for 2 people) airport voucher that got 2 bottles of water, a ham and chutney sanga and a small peppermint pattie. They also gave us the rescue seats, despite me having no mind to help anyone other than my wife
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:06 pm

swvic wrote:Return JS flight flight from Sydney was cancelled 2 hrs before scheduled departure. Notified by SMS which said call this number or check your email. Had the 'puter so checked email instead of calling because I thought it'd be quicker to sort it all online. Email said call the number! So I call and the guy gets me on a flight a couple hours later than the scheduled which is ok. Then he puts me on hold, comes back after a few minutes to tell me I can't get that flight because during the time I was on hold, he was unchecking me from the cancelled flight and now the seats weren't available. Unchecking me from a cancelled flight? You are fcuking kidding. Flight was at 11:30. Avalon at 12:40. Home at 3 am. Work at 8

To their credit, the man on the phone was very apologetic and kept his composure throughout despite me getting a bit shitty with him. They gave me a $16 (for 2 people) airport voucher that got 2 bottles of water, a ham and chutney sanga and a small peppermint pattie. They also gave us the rescue seats, despite me having no mind to help anyone other than my wife
Lucky you got out. Curfew kicks in at 11pm.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Maybe it was 11. Last flight on the board
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Yes had the fog delay bit when I tried to get to Lismore for my brothers cremation ceremony. They got me on a flight to Ballina. Late for the return check in and had to drive to Coolie. Then they said I didn't have a seat. This was after I paid $50 for it at Ballina before I drove up. They said it was a penalty for missing the flight not a new booking charge :-?
Finally got on at the last five minutes.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

taj972

Post by taj972 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Hello everybody,
I am a surfer from Martinique (french west indies island) and I will spend one month in Australia in March 2015.
I am looking for information about Jetstar : I don't understand how much you have to pay for a luggage + a surfbag (less than 1.9 meters).

If I need to buy a plane ticket between sydney and denpasar or jakarta, would you recommend me to use jetstar ? Prices are very interesting in march : 250 dollars, but I don't know how much for the surfbag.

thank you for your help,

Tom

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:49 pm

Contact jetstar
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:56 pm

I flew Tiger recently for the first time. I was sceptical as I had heard some bad stories however I found them to be excellent. I understand they are now owned by Virgin.

Flew to Brisbane. No problems or extra charge for boards. Got off the plane and by the time I got to the terminal only had to wait 3 minutes and my baggage and boards were out. Staff were all great.They seem to bypass the main airport infrastructure that the other airlines use which seems to result in things being quicker in my limited experience. At least at Brisbane anyway.
I was on a dirt cheap fair and on both flights up and back was given an exit row seat with extra leg room at no extra charge.
Credit where credit is due. I would use them again.

If you want really bad airline experiences then go live in the USA and fly on their airlines for a comparison. They make Jetstar and the like look pretty damn good. American Airlines as an example are the absolute pits.

taj972

Post by taj972 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:23 am

Thank you for your answers,
I tried to call jetstar but I didn't get any answer (maybe it's hard to call halfway around the world), that's why I was looking for an australian surfer who uses to fly on jetstar to give me some information :)

Thank you for your help!

Rustt
barnacle

Post by Rustt » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:04 am

Email them, they'll get back to you shortly after you have finished your trip.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:10 pm

Used JS a fair bit over the last couple of years both domestically, internationally and will again tomorrow. Never had a problem, if you conform to their rules and that isn't that hard.

Sometimes it's worthwhile weighing up the price difference between them and a 'full' service airline, say Garuda to Indonesia. Can be a case of when you add want you need, the difference might not be that great.

taj972

Post by taj972 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:44 am

Thank you for your answer !
I buy my ticket on Jetstar : Brisbane-denpasar on March 30 for 240 dollars + 60 dollars for 35 kg checked bagage (my bagage+ one surfbag),
I will tell you the story ^^

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:12 pm

Woooooohooooo, no check in luggage so I could easily dodge the horrendous cues at the airport before bumping into a non functioning checkin register, then getting referred to service enquiries but saved by a roaming attendant with a checkin equipped tablet. All this so I can fart arse around for an extra two hours since the flight is delayed. How efficient is that?
:-?
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:40 pm

So that's......2hr delay going. Flight cancelled returning :B

Luckily had decided to take the car back anyway and had spruced myself up.
The previously offered 4hour wait was reduced to about 30 minutes.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?