Tendon Damage

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Tendon Damage

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:54 pm

So, a few weeks back I got tossed around in the turbulence and hung on to my board despite the ocean's best efforts to separate us.
Massive pain in my left forearm.
Finally went to the doc who sent me for ultrasound.
It seems I've torn the tendon from the bone.
Operator asked me how much less force I could apply in my left arm. I reckoned it was no different to the right so she tested them (more about that below) and agreed. She reckons all the muscles are compensating and they must be in pretty good condition to do that.
I'm booked to see my doc next Monday but it seems likely we'll just leave it as it is.
I can still grip things, lift things and flex my arm, with just a bit of discomfort.

Now, more importantly, the ultrasound operator was HOT.
Blonde, maybe 30 -35. Blouse undone just enough to see a bit of the swell of her left breast.
When she tested the strength in my arm, she put my hand down on her thigh with her hand on top of mine and told me to push. I pushed down. :-o No, she said, push against my hand. :B
So I did. 8)
I wonder if I lost my negatives she'd have to do it again?

I had naughty thoughts. :-)(
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

--++sunstroke++--
Owl status

Re: Tendon Damage

Post by --++sunstroke++-- » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:33 pm

You going to go all Woolly on us Trev :d
What's the difference between Elizabeth Warren & Kamala Harris?

One's pretending to be an Indian & the others pretending she isn't!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:35 pm

--++sunstroke++-- wrote:You going to go all Woolly on us Trev :d
Us old blokes are all the same. :-o
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:26 pm

Thank god you didn't esky or duck dive the Roy Stewart way the injury would have been amputation or a fixation towards orange wetsuits.
But at least you copped a perve :shock:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:52 pm

^^^^^^^^
Yeah.

It's not affecting my paddling or popping up, fortunately.
Be nice when the ache (bruising?) goes away in my forearm.
Beanpole

Skipper

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:33 pm

That's nuts trev, no pain? I have tendonitis in my right elbow. No tear but it's extremely annoying and can get very painful. Almost gone after 6 months. Also have it in my knee. No tear or tendon damage just inflamed. I can surf on it but it is a minor injury that is a massive pain in the arse. I've pretty much resigned myself to stuff all physical activity ( bar surfing ) for the next few months til they're both gone. Should see me walk upstairs, instead of 2 wheel drive I've only got one wheel drive haha

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Beerfan wrote:That's nuts trev, no pain? I have tendonitis in my right elbow. No tear but it's extremely annoying and can get very painful. Almost gone after 6 months. Also have it in my knee. No tear or tendon damage just inflamed. I can surf on it but it is a minor injury that is a massive pain in the arse. I've pretty much resigned myself to stuff all physical activity ( bar surfing ) for the next few months til they're both gone. Should see me walk upstairs, instead of 2 wheel drive I've only got one wheel drive haha
Only the ache as I said.
Hurts if I poke it.
There's all sorts of haematomas and other crap in there. Radiolodist and doc both agreed it's take some time to go away.
In my mind I'm likening the pain to a deep bruise or the aftermath of a deep tissue cramp, both of which I've had before and took months to clear up.

I know I'm pretty lucky. Apart from Fong's shoulder problem I surf with a guy who hurt his shoulder at a work Christmas party. He's waiting for surgery now and out of the water for ???????
Beanpole

Skipper