Hawaii - North Shore rental

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Natho
barnacle

Hawaii - North Shore rental

Post by Natho » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Anyone got any tips re a Condo / House that can be rented on the North Shore around Feb?
I know there is plenty of info online however Im just wondering if anyone has a suggestion that they have been happy with for value for money. It can be a short drive away so does not have to be right at Pipe/ Sunset.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Hawaii - North Shore rental

Post by alakaboo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Stayed in a house at Chun's Reef.
http://hawaiibeachfronts.com/

We were in the studio at the bottom, only really suitable for a couple but wasn't that expensive for what it was. They had secure parking for your car, jacuzzi etc.
The free watersports equipment was pretty ghetto.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:12 pm

Sweet thanks. That is exactly around the area I had in mins. Jocko's is a sick wave too and is right there. I love that wave. Thanks

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Jocko's didn't look remotely fun when I was there.

The surf was 18-22 feet according to the news, with 35+' waves on outer reefs

Rustt
barnacle

Post by Rustt » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:09 am

Stayed at Haleiwa Surf a few times, not for about ten years though. It is a top spot stayed for 4 months once had a ball. If you are going with the missus I would say stay here for sure as it has a great swimming beach protected by a reef, which you can surf,but it ain't classic, but generally not crowded. My missus was happy to be left there all day while I took the car and frothed :d
We went back there just to have a beer in the garden and catch up with a few residents 3 years ago and it still had the same feelhttp://www.homeaway.com/search/refined/ ... Type:condo
I,d go for this one, just walk straight out to the garden/beachhttp://www.flipkey.com/haleiwa-condo-rentals/p439448/ Bloody cheap too.
Jocko's was a favourite of mine to, fun wave and when it got bigger the current gave you a chance to snag one.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Thanks crusst. I know the you are talking about pretty well and yeh its a good spot for the Mrs and little grommet for swimming and the beach. Plus there are waves close. Again thats around the general area Im thinking of.