First OS surf trip.

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

offshore1
Duke Status

Re: First OS surf trip.

Post by offshore1 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:22 pm

That's what I thought boo.
My son emailed him months ago but never got a response.
Would have thought he'd be keen to connect with another surfer. Not many in Thailand. Maybe Al and Nick should open a branch office over here. No surf but probably no worse than Vietnam. ...
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

marauding mullet
Duke Status

Post by marauding mullet » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:25 pm

offshore1 wrote: have transport arrangements to Balian, .... Pondok Pisces. .
P/pisces is O.K. nice view of the line-up and short walk down the hill to the beach. Their wifi is sketchy, go down the hill to Pondok Pattaya and get a coffee and their wifi password.
As an absolute last resort, there are quite a few boards kicking around at Balian, but they are all beat up old dungers.
There's a surf shop factory outlet district just down the road from the airport, where there are 3 or 4 big shiny shops that have boards, new and used. On the left of the highway (Jalan bypass Ngurah Rai) heading away from the airport, some really good Padang food joints next door too.
petulance wrote: 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011
Lucky Al wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:07 pm
You're a spazz Mighty Sunbird.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:06 pm

Many thanks, MM. Will check them out, they sound very convenient too.

In Singapore now. Next flighrt 18 hrs' away.
Jimmy, I'll shout you a beer if I see ya. by the looks of your avatar you bear a disturbing resemblance to Nick carroll....
marauding mullet wrote:

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:38 am

Well i'm back. Thanks to everybody, especially you Matt and this thread, for all the info. Would've ended up down where 95% of the flaccid Euros, clueless Japs and frothing Aussies go without it.

I realise I'm not saying anything new but any more attention inflicted upon this holy little incense-scented rock and what's left of the sweet, smiling, reverent Balinese will go the way of the dodo bird. As my son and I sat after dark overlooking the break after full days' surfs and dinners from Wayan, Nyoman and Dede on the rough second floor balcony of their tidy Indah Warung during our few days stopover in Balangang, I reckon we saw one jetful of punters lumbering down into Densapar about every twenty minutes. Quite alarming, really.
How much more pressure from development this island's unique divine spirit can withstand is an open question. I suspect not very much. Legion and Kuta are already lost, cast into perdition.
Quickripabong aren't helping matters. Arsewipes.
By throwing up their shocking big box emporiums antithetical to Balinese culture they've joined the rest of the greedy entrepreneurs piling in inflicting a festering pox on this once soft, green, terraced land. A bloody shame. I hate it.

We soon beat it to parts of the country suggested in here as far off the track as the swell would allow. happily, it turns out. Priceless father/son adventure together. Our relationship grew. he's now an adult friend of mine.

Not lost on me for one minute that by coming here I'm adding another foetid blow-in straw to the unsteady Bali dromedary's back.

Glad at least I got to experience the out of the way places now, wish I'd been here 30 years ago, shudder to imagine what it'll be like in 20 years.
marauding mullet wrote:

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:43 am

^^
nice one Offy :)