Sanur

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

grapsta
regular

Sanur

Post by grapsta » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:46 pm

Off to Bali in Feb for a wedding in Canggu...need a spot to stay for a week beforehand and am looking at Sanur...mainly because we have 1yr old in tow and theres a good pram pushing path there.

Can anyone tell me how many waves there and how many places can you get boats. Last time I stayed near the art markets and there was a reef out from there....but people have mentioned South Sanur ...are there also waves there...or can you get boat to Sanur reef from down South ?

grapsta
regular

Re: Sanur

Post by grapsta » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:51 pm

I should be alright ....thanks

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:23 am

Was there in January. Really nice area to stay in. We went out to Hyatt Reef one day. Its pretty chunky and you feel like your in the middle of the shipping lane. Tanjungs is a bit of a hoax a lot of the time but it looks good. We saw Sanur Reef going off one afternoon but it was a bit out of my league. Similar to that footage of Slater surfing it on Coastalwatch. A few people had bark off them on the beach. Should have gone out at Tanjungs that afternoon as it was the best we saw it. Easy to get a driver to Serangan or Keramas for that matter.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Stayed at the Santrian right down the end on our honeymoon a million years ago and the other one last time that's near Tanjung Sari. The new one is very nice but the staff were a bit up and down friendliness wise. A lot of Australians there being bogans, p^ssing and drinking in the pool, etc. Stayed at the old Hyatt at the start which I thought looked like an old seventies office or school block from the layout away from the entrance but ended up really liking it. Huge gardens, nice relaxing pool areas, great staff and a lot of privacy and space. Up and down wave wise if you think you can zip out for a quick surf. Like so often happens in Bali what appears to be fairly straight forward ends up being complicated.

Pity they didn't pay more attention to how Sanur developed when they were letting everyone go burko in Seminyak. Its a much more comfortable hang.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?