Resort Latitude Zero

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Flemo

Resort Latitude Zero

Post by Flemo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:29 pm

Anyone taken the family to latitude zero? Their website advertises as family friendly but looking for some feed back.
Being self employed I only get two weeks holiday a year unfortunately over Xmas, and don't mind paying to take the family overseas so the kids can see some culture. Although not cheap compared to last Xmas to Fiji the waves seem pretty good off season in telo and off-season price is doable at latitude zero. Includes airfares from parang and unlimited boat trips so should be good for me to get waves but also for fishing and snorkeling with the family.

Any feedback appreciated.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Re: Resort Latitude Zero

Post by jimmy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:05 pm

My brother took his son and a couple of mates in January last year. Off season prices are really cheap and they lucked out and had 3-5 ft waves every day except one where it was 1-2 but still highly surfable. They surfed on their own the whole time.

Apparently the food is excellent too and it's definitely family friendly.
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Flemo

Post by Flemo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:42 pm

Thanks jim. Although off season is heaps cheaper its still not a cheap option compared to Fiji Bali etc. More worried about missus and kids getting bored but with sups fishing etc should be heaps to do other than surf. Off-season looks to be pretty good looking at thier site, and on the equator no real trade winds but heaps of wave options...

Indo dreaming
regular

Post by Indo dreaming » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:00 pm

blue7floyd wrote:I have been to latitude zero once with my family and w e are very delighted by their service. Off season prices are really cheap and they provide excellent food and service with that prize, and Telesteps . You can go there without any doubts.
Really cheap?

Im sorry but i find that hard to believe.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:03 pm

Indo Dreaming, blue7floyd, is an absolute advertroller unfortunately I can't access his IP address but I would bet good money that he/she is an absolute cube monkey in some semi third world country without a clue on what they are talking about.
Don't fuss your digit! :lol:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Indo dreaming
regular

Post by Indo dreaming » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:47 pm

Oh yes, missed that kinda obvious now re reading the post and clicking the link.

Looks like a nice place RLZ been past it and surfed with many of there guest who always seem stoked on the place, but extremely pricey but at least you get a pool though unlike other high price places in the area.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:54 pm

Indo dreaming wrote:Oh yes, missed that kinda obvious now re reading the post and clicking the link.
Otway is right BTW.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Slowman
regular

Post by Slowman » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:53 pm

What is expensive? Can anyone gives some prices as an example. Some of the breaks they have access to look unreal.

rmb
barnacle

Post by rmb » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:42 pm

Off the top of my head RLZ costs about 5k for 10 or 11 nights not including flights.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:41 pm

How much would flights, transfers etc be to the resort ??. That place looks great.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Beerfan wrote:How much would flights, transfers etc be to the resort ??. That place looks great.
Since my original reply above, I've been myself now. It's great. They've got a bigger selection of waves than the other place IMO and are close to some heavier waves that the other place lacks.
One of the big selling points, other than it's proximity to a world class barrel is that you spend all day on the boats which means you get a lot more water time.

I went in September which isn't peak season and it was about $4000 for 7 days inc airfares. Didn't spend as much on piss either as I was in bed early every night.

The Lodge is great too but for different reasons. I'd definitely go back to RLZ.
Hatchnam wrote:
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:22 pm

jimmy wrote: Since my original reply above, I've been myself now. It's great. They've got a bigger selection of waves than the other place IMO and are close to some heavier waves that the other place lacks.
One of the big selling points, other than it's proximity to a world class barrel is that you spend all day on the boats which means you get a lot more water time.

I went in September which isn't peak season and it was about $4000 for 7 days inc airfares. Didn't spend as much on piss either as I was in bed early every night.

The Lodge is great too but for different reasons. I'd definitely go back to RLZ.
Jimmy, why no mention of the best place to stay in the telos that is also closest to the best waves in the telos? the area the RLZ boat heads down to almost everyday? There's 3 main places to stay and you haven't mentioned the best one, which also happens to have the best wave in the telos on it's doorstep. Why not stay there?
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:23 pm

It's cheaper too
smnmntll wrote:

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:54 pm

True BD,it is a great wave and I would love to go there but having not stayed there I didn't feel qualified to comment.
Also each time I've been to the Telos I've been with my bro who likes easier waves and creature comforts. I'm not sure how that other place stacks up but if I go with a mate I'd check it for sure. I'm also interested in Luke's place at Ranga's/GT''s as it's cheap and he's a good bloke whom I'd like to support.
Hatchnam wrote:
swvic wrote:

koachi

Post by koachi » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:16 pm

Wave park is located in sth Siberut, nth mentawai area heaps of waves there and few fun to world class rights, but there is also a few other surf camps in area so can get crowded but tends to be hit and miss had a fare few surfs with 30 guys then suddently they all go have lunch or something and there's only four guys out, other camps/resorts in that area are
Wave park btw the first surf camp in mentawais
Kandui resort
Kandui villas
Botik resort
Pitstop hill
Mentawai surf retreat
Playground resort
Peipie lodge also known as mentawai surf camp
Coconuts
One more forgot the name run by French google mentawai adventures

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:34 pm

koachi wrote:Wave park is located in sth Siberut, nth mentawai area heaps of waves there and few fun to world class rights, but there is also a few other surf camps in area so can get crowded but tends to be hit and miss had a fare few surfs with 30 guys then suddently they all go have lunch or something and there's only four guys out, other camps/resorts in that area are
Wave park btw the first surf camp in mentawais
Kandui resort
Kandui villas
Botik resort
Pitstop hill
Mentawai surf retreat
Playground resort
Peipie lodge also known as mentawai surf camp
Coconuts
One more forgot the name run by French google mentawai adventures
fcuk off
smnmntll wrote:

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Fcuk off?
Why that reminds me off the Fcuk off fantastic offers available for only a short period if you sign up now. Fcuk off fantastic deals :B
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Slobadan Madicubich
Harry the Hat

Post by Slobadan Madicubich » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:26 pm

the last 2 posts mean
I don't know you so you have no right to contribute to a public forum