tumbleweed the extended australia trip

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

diggerdickson
barnacle

Re: tumbleweed the extended australia trip

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:56 pm

fongss wrote:i suggest we paint one window

don't buy rip curl
ask me why

i think that might help....wingnut :?:
bahahaha, if I do get advertising from a surf company who help out with solar, one day when I get to vic I do intend to park the bus as close as I can to rip curl in vic and show them the opportunity they missed out on :D
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Ive posted some pics of the bus to Trev, hopefully he can start a photo thread of the build of the bus sometime soon, I will get as many photos as I can across to him before end of next week, as thinking of canning internet for a while to save money, every little bit will help to get me over the line and on the way.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:54 am

digger I would like to contribute a laptop and digi camera to your daughter's writing/reporting efforts

It's just an older Mac but it still works fine.

let me know where to send -- fongy maybe?

Rustt
barnacle

Post by Rustt » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:33 am

Digger, I have to play devils advocate here. I know a lot of you guys are going to give me sh** for being negative. You really need to think through the idea of having advertising surfing related companies plastered all over your bus, most of the places you mention that you want too stay for an extended time a lot of the surfers will be wary of someone traveling around in a bus partially funded by a surf company.
I live close to Joey every time it's offshore, I'm sniffing it out. I am relieved for you that Rape Curl knocked you back, cause having a big rip curl sign would not endear you to the majority of the regular surfers in the area, poor Joey has been raped by the curl to many times. Some might think I am tad paranoid , but if you have seen what we have, you might understand.
I surf and hang out at a lot of the places you plan to stay long term digger , if you want to work it is there for you, pm me and I'll tell you what I can. Concentrate on the people, they're way more interesting than the surf.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:00 pm

digger. two words. Beef Week.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:22 pm

Some pics of the bus.

Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Digger's patented safety gear.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:57 pm

fongss wrote:still a bit work to d :-? o
Ahhaa!
Fong has been seduced by one of the new smilies. :-)
Beanpole

Skipper

Rustt
barnacle

Post by Rustt » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:31 am

Digger, I realize that is probably beyond you budget but you might need to get a hold of a small car to tow behind or motorbike on the back of the bus, as free camping is very rarely close to the shops. You'll get by at places like the bluff or cactus, you will be able to get a lift into town , but places like Joey could be a problem, Lavers Hill is the nearest shops, about 25km's. General store, roadhouse and a pub, can't buy a loaf of bread at any of them. Apollo Bay is the next nearest town, a bit over 40km's, you could probably hitch hike if you have a full day spare and there will be heaps of those in between offshores, but the main reason I think you need the smaller transport is emergency's.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:53 pm

bus is further along than that fong. You will see tommorow mate. Yes I can be limited by the dog, but my family needs the dog. Want to keep the car, though with the bank loan on the car I want to remove any depts we have before we go. I will have a fridge before I leave so will stock up on basic foods at camp spots adn only move when run out of food. I understand what you are saying ccrust, but yes its beyond my budget, time and thought will put into our staying places mate. I have friends who do this and only stay on main road routes, mmmm...

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:24 pm

Strap a pushy on the back. Pop a basket on it. Sorted.

Thanks Trev.

Good to see it.
The bus looks great!
You and the kids too.

Great work and efforts Fong and Wingnut.
And all others up there pitching in.
Wish I were there helping out.

Day at a time Digger, and best of luck with it all.
If you stress and freak out....just stop. Take deep breaths, go for a long walk, it'll be better when you get back. Start again.
If it seems impossible, it's prolly only because it'll take a bit longer.
Patience.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:24 am

Thanks skip and tom tom, yer, thought of getting a postie bike and hooking up a bike rake, but im thinking pushie with a basket, maybe not to start with, but I will get there with it. Im hoping to take more pics tommorow as Ive done a fair bit more now, its getting closer.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:09 am

Loving reading this.

Hope it all goes well for you digger, I'll be watching with keen interest
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:27 pm

I dont know if anyone can do a realsurf sticker for me to go in the space where the school bus sign is, happy to put that sticker on the bus, small promotion I know, but happy to do it if you want me to

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:30 pm

diggerdickson wrote:I dont know if anyone can do a realsurf sticker for me to go in the space where the school bus sign is, happy to put that sticker on the bus, small promotion I know, but happy to do it if you want me to
Digger, I reckon you should have the word "Tumbleweed" up there.
All the best.
Beanpole

Skipper

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Looks great Digger! Keep us updated please mate

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 pm

wingnut2443 wrote:Fong, were you in "make up" long getting ready for pic?

Nice frock :roll:
Just his normal get up. :-)
Beanpole

Skipper

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 pm

hey digger, any recent photos of inside the bus? Outside one with fong on the roof is teasing me
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?