Question for 40 somethings..

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Hano
Local

Re: Question for 40 somethings..

Post by Hano » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:30 pm

after a 7 month hiatus Im finally back in the water and very thankful I have the opportunity to do so

I Had a life changing injury where I suffered muscle and nerve damage to my left leg. I largely attribute the injury to going to hard/fast with training and backing it up with over working and poor recreational activities. Unfortunately my surfing may never return to where I can be truly satisfied but im hopeful I ‘ll return to my favourite reefs in some capacity.
After plenty of time on the sideline revaluating my position for the back half of the trip, my plan for longevity in the lineup is now simple, preservation supersedes everything else.
to reiterate others-listen to the body-rest when it says.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Re: Question for 40 somethings..

Post by Beanpole » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:35 pm

swvic wrote:
wingnut2443 wrote: Apparently, all doc's learn about magnesium in 1st yr medicine, but somehow forget about it by the time they practice.
So therefore, you probably don't need a medical degree to train as a brain surgeon :idea:

Take note; NC, reginald, Braithy, Beanpole, kookster and the rest of you
Point taken :roll: :roll: :roll:
Um what was that point again swvic?

I've been goofing around with this pilates machine my wife bought for a few weeks and its funny the muscles it exercises. Hadn't been in the water for a week or so and I could really feel the effects when I was turning. Its a subtle kind of exercise.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?