would u eva fly Qantas...again?

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

would u eva fly Qantas...again?

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:38 pm

no :!:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Natho
barnacle

Re: would u eva fly Qantas...again?

Post by Natho » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:35 am

Yes

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:08 pm

While I don't fully support the decision of the company to ground all flights with no notice, I certainly understand their frustration with the unions. The unions need to understand that no Qantas = no jobs for their members at all.

I want Qantas to survive as Australia needs an Australian national carrier. In order for Qantas to survive we need to keep flying with them. I will.
I was a regular long haul flyer with Qantas for many years. I flew with them approx every 4-6 weeks mainly to USA. In that time I only ever had one major issue for which they did not hesitate to compenaste me for in the form of a free business class flight to the next destination of my choice. While Qantas may not be the best airline I have ever flown with, they are certainly up there. Try flying some of the mainland USA based airlines as an example and you will soon realise how good Qantas are.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:58 pm

Natho wrote:I want Qantas to survive as Australia needs an Australian national carrier.
Why?

Fong, some very large clients of Qantas are displeased about the antics, both on the union side and the management side. Their accounts will be going elsewhere next year.
Anyone got Virgin shares?

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:19 pm

Yeh well that's what the unions say. Then again I wouldn't take what Qantas says as gospil either. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I just think the competition between the likes of Qantas and Virgin in the domestic market has been good for the consumer. If Qantas goes under then up goes the price of tickets and I myself like cheaper tickets. Then again its cheap tickets and competition that could spell the end of Qantas. Add union pressure on top of that.
Australia has certainly been a great place to be a pilot. Double the pay for half the hours when compared to many other countries such as the US. And they still want more. Frk I wouldn't mind a pay rise myself.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:34 pm

Australian pilots are in high demand elsewhere in the world.
Singapore, Cathay Pacific. Etihad etc all use them. They actually earn about the same but work longer hours.
I don't see how QANTAS can continue to compete with these excellent airlines who all offer cheaper fares but with pretty similar safety records and all their servicing is done in Asia.
So. I understand where Joyce is coming from, however there will be no winners out of this dispute except the opposition airlines.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:41 pm

If the price is competitive then yes of course I would.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:48 pm

i gave up on jetstar qantas....longgggggggggggggg ago

rather walk

allways late...shit/rude service

no skin off my nose if there brand is damaged foreva...all reasdy was with me :idea:

and its as dino points out....hardly a aussie company anymore...run by a irish ga,y guy

not known for his negoiation skills...or caring for his customers :twisted:

but......if this is just a political game.... :idea: :cry: :evil:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:59 pm

Unfortunately when it was privatised I think they should have just closed it and made them rename it and start again so there was no confusion over the company having anything to do with its once great reputation. Then they can get as many run away irishmen as they like to do to it exactly what they did to Ireland. Pigs of europe anyone?

The sooner everyone forgets about national integrity the better. Pity if we have a war or national emergency and need to use the planes.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Hano
Local

Post by Hano » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:08 pm

TrevG wrote:Australian pilots are in high demand elsewhere in the world.
Singapore, Cathay Pacific. Etihad etc all use them. They actually earn about the same but work longer hours.
I don't see how QANTAS can continue to compete with these excellent airlines who all offer cheaper fares but with pretty similar safety records and all their servicing is done in Asia.
Yes the above mentioned carriers have similar safety records when comparing stats but no carrier has the standard of safety Qantas has, its international brand is sold on it, and Im sure a large chunk of this year’s $700 million profit was generated by it.
I don’t know how the government can stop the bleeding of jobs (extra home grown incentives or extra tarrifs maybe) but in three weeks’ time when Qantas EA negotiations have come to a stalemate Gillard will probably have to make the biggest decisions of her political career…. and its ironic its industrial related.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:15 pm

well thats abbot done...saw him shittin his pants avoiding questions about when he knew it shut down (qantas) tonight

his creditability must now = zero

i wonder who will replace him b4 the next election :?: :idea:

Leigh Clifford, AO
Alan Joyce
General Peter Cosgrove, AC, MC
Patricia Cross
Richard Goodmanson
Garry Hounsell
Corinne Namblard
Paul Rayner
Dr John Schubert, AO
James Strong, AO
Barbara Ward, AM
Executive Team

cosgrove was the giveaway for me.....total wanker...totally a howard /lib loyalist

totally put in postions well above his ability based on his willingness sux lib co.ck

the thing is....íf they want play there little pathic overpaid pollies games

do it were it don't hurt innocent people trying either go home or on a holiday :idea:

i hope qantas goes broke....and i want vote for retard abbott :!:

i feel for ppl stuck flying with the shit company
Last edited by mustkillmulloway on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:19 pm

p.s i have no dramas with joyce being g,ay.....just that his rooting a n.z bloke

mate....have some some standards :idea: ...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Slowman
regular

Post by Slowman » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:56 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:p.s i have no dramas with joyce being g,ay.....just that his rooting a n.z bloke

mate....have some some standards :idea: ...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
so Joyce is a sheep shagger shagger as well as an incompetent and irresponsible crunt who like a lot of CEOs (C-hunt Exec Officer) these days are taking the piss, "we must do this for our shareholders" when it is really only just good for them. The game in the top end of town these days is reduce costs and offshore everything, it looks good on paper for a year or 2 until the real costs become apparent due to the incompetence of offshore workers, retraining, undervaluing of Australian expertise that took decades to build, and then rising labour prices as the offshore workers make demands or emigrate to a better place anyway. By then these CEOs and their large institutional shareholders have sold up and cashed in on the rising share price, and moved along to do the same somewhere else, while all the mum and dad investors carry the can. Maybe we can catch a lucky break and Joyce gets strangled by his boyfriend in a terrible sexual accident.

Will I ever fly them again? In the future I might not even have the choice after this fiasco and the damage done to the brand. If they are still around and they offshore everyone then I won't.
Last edited by Slowman on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:52 am

Hey mustkill, sure Abbots response was lame but I see you failed to mention the pathetic actions of the very person who is in fact supposed to be 'leading' the country right now. Gillard is the very person who could have stopped the whole thing using her own law, and yet again she totally failed as a leader. Sure have a go at that tosser Abbott, but it would only be fair to also highlight that Gillard failed as a leader yet again. After all she is the PM and was in a position to be able to take action. Abbot wasn't.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:55 am

This :arrow:
Slowman wrote:so Joyce is a sheep shagger shagger as well as an incompetent and irresponsible crunt who like a lot of CEOs (C-hunt Exec Officer) these days are taking the piss, "we must do this for our shareholders" when it is really only just good for them. The game in the top end of town these days is reduce costs and offshore everything, it looks good on paper for a year or 2 until the real costs become apparent due to the incompetence of offshore workers, retraining, undervaluing of Australian expertise that took decades to build, and then rising labour prices as the offshore workers make demands or emigrate to a better place anyway. By then these CEOs and their large institutional shareholders have sold up and cashed in on the rising share price, and moved along to do the same somewhere else, while all the mum and dad investors carry the can.
Summarises the IT Industry so well too.

Things are back-firing a bit now though as the costs have come back up and the quality is still shit
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Slowman
regular

Post by Slowman » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:31 pm

Hatchman wrote:This :arrow:
Summarises the IT Industry so well too.

Things are back-firing a bit now though as the costs have come back up and the quality is still shit
Just as predicted! I could tell you some stories about India and China and their sneaky little practices to hide their incompetence and make the numbers look good. China did a deal with the US: we'll open our market to you but you MUST open plants here and create jobs and transfer skills. Quite a fait accompli given that China is on the US Export Office's trade watchlists which prevents certain technologies ever being sold to them or any country known to re-export to them.

Yep IT industry is one of the most fashion conscious trend following ones I've ever witnessed. Remember the rush to go distributed? Then it was outsourcing, then globalisation and now offshoring. But then it was so easy the corporate world with its big egos, pride and low tolerance of intellectualism are very gullible. It's the emporer's new clothes. Like many things in business there is no proper justification done, a couple of success stories and it becomes gospel and the dissenters are seen as having a negative attitude with some kind of biased self interest. Politics and power can corrupt anything. We all know that just because mini-skirts look good, not everyone looks good in one! However this thinking is marginalised in the corporate world. It's politically stupid to tell the boss they made a bad decision. If you're not saying yes, your career ladder is a short one! I'm beginning to wonder just how stupid you have to be before you can't be in corporate management. Intelligence seems to be a liability while stealth and ambition seem to be the success indicators...might be time for a sea change for me :-) Corporate culcha has turned to shit, let us reJoyce.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Actually Sino...labor had laws in place prevent all this happening. Gillards
choose not use em cause they where untested and end in a court battle. She wrote the laws...I understand just how stupid shed look if they didn't work....especially if the court case was decided near next election....quite clearly the real question is....why do we vote for these clowns? And how can we get rid them once and for all

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:17 pm

And if u fly qantas and get screwed.....sued in for being silly enough book wither in the first place!