West coast oahu accomodation

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

crooked
Local

West coast oahu accomodation

Post by crooked » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:21 pm

can anyone reccomend some cool places to stay on the west coast of oahu?

Im gonna be there in december this year ( i wanna check out the triple crown and finally see the north shore) so i know that the North shore will be a Zoo.

I have heard there is some nice surf on the west coast too, a couple o barrels would be awesome!

fanks!

crooked
Local

Re: West coast oahu accomodation

Post by crooked » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:29 am

c'mon now! dont be shy!

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:59 am

there's a big high school there at Nanakuli....I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you pitched a tent on the school oval.
Just bring Poi and plenny kine beer.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

crooked
Local

Post by crooked » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:37 am

man, youve been there before, i dont think Im asking too much for some advice, dont be a tool. i just want to stay in a cool place away from all the sheep.

Id rather give my money to some locals than some big multinational company, rather show respect than breed contempt, and rather help a brother out than keep a brother down.

All i can find is huge dodgy hotels, and Im asking if people have been there before can they point me in the direction of something thats a bit more local.

Any advice is welcome!

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:25 pm

Sorry mate. Didn't know whether this was a serious inquiry.

I drove over there from the NS but it looked like there were plenty of places to stay.

If your gunna be there for a while you could grab a couple of nights in one of the big hotels (there seems to be a big one right near Makaha) and then find somewhere smaller.
Good luck.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

crooked
Local

Post by crooked » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:33 pm

thanks yeah, serous enquiry- Im keen to check it out and find somewhere thats not so commercial.

i dont have any idea of the scale of the Island- how long did it take to drive there from the north shore?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:36 pm

check out Vacation Rental By Owner
we managed to score a waterfront bedroom (as in, the big swells washed over the patio) on the north shore in december for about a third of the cost of a hotel room per night.
stayed with a really cool old bird, who gave us the locals card for the supermarket, lent us surfboards and snorkelling gear and bikes, gave us fruit and bread etc.