Winter on North Shore

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Winter on North Shore

Post by Lucky Al » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:52 pm

I had a brief look at Oahu last week and now I'm hanging to see more, especially the North Shore in Winter time. Got a few questions to ask in regard to the best way of going about this, the most pressing at this stage being 'What does an ordinary surfer who doesn't know anyone do for accommodation?' Any advice most appreciated - cheers!

zander2nd
regular

Post by zander2nd » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:58 pm

well i know this isnt surfing surfing...but brandon foster every year opens a house to people for accomodation.. soo im sure you could get something like that...

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:35 pm

ta zander, i haven't heard of brandon foster but will have a look online for his place. i asked this question too fast anyway - there's lots of stuff about it online. now my head's ringing from thinking up a trip.

mic
regular

Post by mic » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:57 pm

hey al...yeh theres a few places around north shore,depends on the amount of money you want to spend on accomodation,you could look at renting out a house or for the cheaper option you can stay at the plantation backpackers which is not too bad,pretty cheap & close to everything

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:34 pm

thanks mic, if i go alone that backpackers should be just right.