6ft + offshore + clean on the mornington this sat

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:48 pm

pinhead wrote:Another Mexican checking in. What are the banks like at Gunna on the low tide? I'm excused from family duites only for the morning. Tuesday - already secured a flexy - will be heading to the surf coast.
Low tide at Gunnamatta is usually not worth the hassle on a 6ft swell. It's pretty much unridable I reckon. Closes out fast and is very dumpy and the currents can be a real pig at times.

Wait until just before lunch and it should be going well, Rye is probably the better bet (but not by much)

Butts

Post by Butts » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:34 am

So gentlemen, how was it :?: And is Tuesday still looking like its going to be on :twisted:

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:55 pm

Hitting the same swell down the south coast here tomorrow with at least 6' on offer and probably light offshore in the morning and a sea breeze in the arvo, wich I was heading over to yorkes, but I don't have the time to get across :(

pinhead
barnacle

Post by pinhead » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:14 pm

Butts wrote:So gentlemen, how was it :?: And is Tuesday still looking like its going to be on :twisted:
Well I blew it.
Checked the Port Phillip bouy before dawn looked too small for 13th and a little on the big side for Wooli so I opted for PI, thinking I could surf the point if it was maxed at Wooli. Anyway arrive at the island and there's a f*cking contest on. It's too big for Wooli so all the contestants are at the point. So I surfed some reforms at the Collanades - three waves on the head for every one ridden. Had to be back by lunch time so I couldn't hang around for the swell to drop.

Tomorrow morning, Coastalwatch are saying 2-3, Swellnet is saying 6. No sign of any size on the bouys yet although the last reading showed a 20 sec peak period - could be the long range starting to filter in.

Butts

Post by Butts » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:25 am

pinhead wrote:....last reading showed a 20 sec peak period - could be the long range starting to filter in.
:shock: :arrow: 8)

Kauffy
regular

Post by Kauffy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:21 pm

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PICS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

POST THEM NOW MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.....

or die :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Squidlips
barnacle

Post by Squidlips » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:36 am

sh!t !! im gonna get whacked !!!

my.....ahem....apologies..!!

erm.....friday night, down the pub with mates, making sure not to get to drunk as wanna be on form for sat morning.......but..

over friendly bar staff kept putting FREE pints of carlton on the bar for us....(b@stards!) ended up me offering to teach my bud to surf saturday morn.

didnt wanna kill my mate in solid 6ft gunna's so we went to the surf coast and made the most of clean 3-4ft barrels.

weather was really sh!t too, rainy and overcast, so decided not to take any pics as theyd look shizen.

(squidlips ducks and runs for cover!) :oops:

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:42 am

Squidlips wrote:sh!t !! im gonna get whacked !!!

my.....ahem....apologies..!!

erm.....friday night, down the pub with mates, making sure not to get to drunk as wanna be on form for sat morning.......but..

over friendly bar staff kept putting FREE pints of carlton on the bar for us....(b@stards!) ended up me offering to teach my bud to surf saturday morn.

didnt wanna kill my mate in solid 6ft gunna's so we went to the surf coast and made the most of clean 3-4ft barrels.

weather was really sh!t too, rainy and overcast, so decided not to take any pics as theyd look shizen.

Yeah I forgot my camera too. Flinders was pretty good. Bastards blocked off the Gunnery (see other post) but Big Left and Cyrils were the goods indeed. Albeit very crowded.

Butts

Post by Butts » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:48 am

Squidlips wrote:sh!t !! im gonna get whacked !!!
...................................blah blah blah, pathetic!!
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Run you bastard run :evil: :lol: :lol:

Next time :wink:
At least you got in amongst it, albeit 3ft pfft!!

Hatch man, sounds like you picked a few up. 8)

Kauffy
regular

Post by Kauffy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:50 am

DAMB STRAIGHT YOURE GONNA GET WHACKED!!! :twisted:

"WHACK!>>>>WHACK!>>>>WHACK!" :twisted: :twisted:

now go to ur room and think about what u have done!

(i was loooking forward to seeing some nice waves considering everyone in sydney is stuck with 1 foot slop :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: