how do you rate this summers surf?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

epic
15%
shite
77%
ive been to maggot to surf
8%

Total votes: 13

pchuuu
regular

Post by pchuuu » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:39 am

ive found it to be quite useless and boring.

has anyone had any decent surfs??

barstardos
charger

Post by barstardos » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:49 am

As I am recovering from knee surgery and am not allowed to surf, I find this summer has been very good for me. I havnt missed out on anything much!
Good stuff Huey, save all the swell for my return in a few months!

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:51 am

Its summer, i expected weeks of nothing but there has aeen a bit here and there, im "satisfied".

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:52 am

Got some good wave at the start of last week with that SSE swell. But there is nothing on the horizon. :cry:

At least i can scuba. 8)

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:52 pm

Pretty ordinary in Vic so far

Had a couple of good sessions at Gunnamatta but by and large not much out there at the moment, or has been really since the start of summer

Roll on Autumn, thats when it starts to get really good down here.

AZ
regular

Post by AZ » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:16 pm

Where have you been Hatchman! There has been at least 3 epic days along the beach breaks of the Peninsula (including yesterday). We have had more offshore days in Jan than I can remember too! I think you have been going to the wrong spots!

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:19 pm

I know mate I've been reading about you guys posting them!

Unfortunately I work in Melb CBD 5 days a week and weekends I take what I can get which this summer, unfortunately, hasn't worked out well (kid on the way, house needing work etc...)

I think I am paying the price for experiencing a very good autumn and winter last year. I checked out Flinders Saturday evening last weekend, extremely average, but got a couple of waves for my troubles.

I'm hoping for something decent on Sunday morning, the outlook points to sticking to the open beaches and getting in early, at this stage it looks okay if a bit windy but hopefully a few might come my way.

GCLuke
regular

Post by GCLuke » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:39 pm

Had a few good swells up in QLD, 2 Weeks ago had to be the best in a long time.

Although i was in iluka for a week over new years and the waves are always pumping there :lol: :o :D

Chong
regular

Post by Chong » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:17 pm

I went to NZ for 8 days over Chrissie and it was like summer hadn't even started - The water temp at Raglan must have been 15 degrees. There was also bugger all east coast swell and the west coast was either small and onshore or large unruly and onshore. Since I have been back (just before New Years) I have had a few decent waves but nothing epic and it pains me to see photos of that Sydney Christmas swell. That east swell two weeks ago that was accompanied by freezing (for summer) water temps wasn't bad though.