The Perfect Wave.

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Nappy
Local

The Perfect Wave.

Post by Nappy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:09 am

"If I could create the perfect wave, it be like a point break and then turn into a sandbar and go pass a river mouth, and then turn into like a reef break. It would constantly go throught all these changes, and then there might be a Jetty that throws a little wedge along it like .........."

Quoted from a current tour pro, anyone want to have a guess who it is?

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:12 am

quoted by Kelly Slater in the video you unlock when playing kelly slater pro tour

or at the beginning of the cosmos wave

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:20 pm

:lol: willy got it...

and there have been about 5 threads already on it...

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:59 pm

Same as before - any wave that has no-one else near it.

Nappy
Local

Post by Nappy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:15 pm

dammit__01 wrote::lol: willy got it...

and there have been about 5 threads already on it...
Hands willy a cookie :wink:

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:24 pm

What can i say

i like my video games

andycumo
Local
Location: anywhere thats shallow and hollow and uncrowded. ie; not sydney

Post by andycumo » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:01 pm

mine would start out with a 10ft ouside peak before tapering down the line to about 8 ft with a fast sandbar type barrel before bowling around and fattening out a little into little bay now about 4-5ft and turning into a shark island slab ending in a crazy wedgy bowl! yeww!

Nappy
Local

Post by Nappy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:32 pm

andycumo wrote:mine would start out with a 10ft ouside peak before tapering down the line to about 8 ft with a fast sandbar type barrel before bowling around and fattening out a little into little bay now about 4-5ft and turning into a shark island slab ending in a crazy wedgy bowl! yeww!
Sounds pretty sweet but how about starting at 4ft and ending at 10ft :P

Beaver
regular

Post by Beaver » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:48 pm

i love getting in a barrel peaking at like 2-3foot then just building and bulding as you drive down the line picking up more and more speed, its the most insane feelng.

andycumo
Local

Post by andycumo » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:52 pm

Beaver wrote:i love getting in a barrel peaking at like 2-3foot then just building and bulding as you drive down the line picking up more and more speed, its the most insane feelng.
fuck its great isnt it!?!?!
its even better when you think you are too deep then all of a sudden u get spat out with a beautiful steep bowl coming at you to whack!

probably only happend to me twice!

rabbity7
regular

Post by rabbity7 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:30 pm

My perfect wave would be 3-4 foot chickens. Thats a damn fine wave. I reacon 3-4 is the perfect size. Just big enough to get a good barrel and small enough so you smash it.

andycumo
Local

Post by andycumo » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:03 pm

yeh i love 4ft its great isnt it..!

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:42 pm

I would like a wave that started out around 4' plus on a flat rock reef platform, walled and rolled a bit then thickened and built to about 6' plus, squaring into a thick lipped smooth faced barrel...then flowed off into a clean long sandbar wall that might do a variety of things, maybe barrel, maybe just stand up and run ...then rolled into a SICK 4-5' rip bowl, wedging and turning all the way to a sand beach. The whole thing about 250 metres long, some waves just working the reef section, some just running into the rip bowl, and maybe one in 15 running the whole length. Side-offshore on the takeoff and turning a little bit more offshore with each section.

Either that or a 10-12' bombing reef wall into a heavy wedging barrel.

Both these could be rights or lefts. Who cares??!

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:21 pm

Lakey Peak....Sumbawa. :D

smackthatlip
regular

Post by smackthatlip » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:23 pm

My ideal wave would be an A-frame peak over a flat reef bottom. Six foot on takeoff and just backs off that touch to let you backdoor into it from the other side. Barrel section obviously on takeoff then nice smooth shoulder for big roundhouse cutty. Then a nice long, steep four foot wall just begging to be spanked that runs for a good hundred metres before a nice closeout section over sand. Then to top it all off get into the nice rip running back out wide of the break. Getting all amped now! Pity it's 2-3ft howling southerly :(

aitch
regular

Post by aitch » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:06 pm

I'm thinking a mirrored image point break with that 'sunset' look, perfect for the Kong/Chapman fade. A bowly inside that gets walled up as it wraps in, to flat out walls with tubes on the low. Follow it up with Nick's rip bowl into that shark island inside slabber-sonic end section. Each has it's pros and cons but over 8ft it's always linkable.

Obviously it's on a gigantic lazy susan that accomodates any wind and swell conditions.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:18 pm

Maybe Lennox when its big and perfect. The rocky exit is a questionable inclusion but adds to the feel of the place.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:25 pm

perfect wave's going to take me back in time to waves i didn't ride as well as i could have way back when i was young and headstrong but full of nerves - and i'll ride it well, waves i blew because of a poorly negotiated bump in the face or a leggie around my ankles - those things won't bother me this time, waves i rode for someone i thought was watching from the shore when i should have rode those waves for us - me and the wave, waves i watched from the beach but pussied out on paddling out into, waves i saw in mags and imagined myself riding, waves i dreamed, waves that are breaking somewhere tonight and no one's on them... and after all that it's going to turn into a dirty great rivermouth with a long train ride, short bus ride and fat local i'll have to fight and get punched out by on the beach before i can go for. i'll get couple unforgettable covers out of it, but i'll be unidentified - maybe the swollen jaw? the perfect wave i get won't be just for me in the moment i get it, but for everyone in all of time.