I wonder if this bloke ran to the coppers???.

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

kreepykrawly
Owl status

I wonder if this bloke ran to the coppers???.

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:43 pm

http://www.fugly.com/videos/3633/surf_lessons1.html
I just love it . can watch it over and over :lol:
Last edited by kreepykrawly on Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

rabbity7
regular

Post by rabbity7 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:01 pm

Fricken funny. Took me awhile to figure out who kanoi was though. The whole bit with the lid sending the stick in got me confused. Thats just not right.

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:11 pm

why did u put a full stop in after your 3 question marks?

Rollo
Grommet

Post by Rollo » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:29 pm

Remember seeing it in tension 7, mcgee messed his face up bad.

mic
regular

Post by mic » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:29 pm

i can see that stick being simon mantle one day soon,wth his attitude the way it is!

thefuhrer
Grommet

Post by thefuhrer » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:27 pm

seems he ist not a pussy und run to zee coppers like some girls,zis ist nusink to vorry about. he ist still valking yar :?:

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:24 am

dammit__01 wrote:why did u put a full stop in after your 3 question marks?
Why did you not start your sentence with a capital letter ?.

:lol: @ U.

Any glass panels left in your glass house ?.

Demonicus
regular

Post by Demonicus » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:44 am

1. violence is never the best way to solve conflict - it's stuffed our world enough already.
2. anyone who considers that video even the slightest bit amusing is sick in their soul
3. i've been kick boxing for 9 years now. started when i was assulted while walking home from work one night. i opine that NEITHER of the combatants has any idea how to fight effectively or defend

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:51 am

Demonicus wrote: 2. anyone who considers that video even the slightest bit amusing is sick in their soul
AAAAAAAA...your just saying that to impress me. :D . You just made my day :D

Actually the way that guy took him down and "tenderised" him has been proven to be one of the most effective ways to "neutralise" someone.
Tried and tested in cages around the world. :)

morrisey
Grommet

Post by morrisey » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:16 am

Demonicus wrote:1. violence is never the best way to solve conflict - it's stuffed our world enough already.
2. anyone who considers that video even the slightest bit amusing is sick in their soul
3. i've been kick boxing for 9 years now. started when i was assulted while walking home from work one night. i opine that NEITHER of the combatants has any idea how to fight effectively or defend
If violence is never the best way to solve conflict, why did you start kickboxing after getting bashed?? :roll: And lets see how effectively you fight and defend in deep water?

Sleepy
regular

Post by Sleepy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:47 am

morrisey, in defence of Demonicus: D said that violence was "never the BEST way" of solving conflict, but didn't imply that it wasn't a way to solve conflict. Instead sometimes it is the ONLY method to solve problems, and I'm guessing that's why they started kickboxing. The aim is to pursue all other avenues of conflict resolution but if the attacker still wants to fight and there's no way of escape, then it's time to fight back. But like you say, kickboxing in deep water would be tough...

RE: the vid... even though that guy was completely in the wrong, I can't believe the number of people who stood around and just watched the other guy smash him on the shore. I guess it's the whole pack mentality thing - the more people who are there, the less responsibility we feel.

Sleepy
regular

Post by Sleepy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:49 am

Hmmmm. Perhaps "watched the other guy smash him on the shore" was not the best choice of words...

Merry Prankster
Grommet

Post by Merry Prankster » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:41 am

morrisey wrote:
And lets see how effectively you fight and defend in deep water?
I played waterpolo for about 8 years and consequently deep water is one of the only places that I would back myself. :twisted:

Damage
Owl status

Post by Damage » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:17 am

Yeah ok....... a few punchs to the head while he's in the water......... no real problems with that I suppose........so he gets the message.

Sure, but.......
I can't believe the number of people who stood around and just watched the other guy smash him on the shore.
I agree.

The whole 'everyone-standing-and-cheering-and-yahooing-around-on-the-beach-while-he-gets-his-head-beaten-in' on the the sand is just the weak as piss pack mentality at their worst.

Mostly cowards?

Just like at Cronulla last summer?

You gotta be savvy enough to know when to stop and it doesn't look like to me that ANYONE in that clip was that smart.

crooked
Local

Post by crooked » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:55 am

I don't condone violence of any form- but the fact is some people actually do need a punch in the head to wake 'em up a bit- this guy obviously needed to be 'woken up'.

As for the bystanders- in principle they should have pulled him off as soon as the guys was 'neutralised' as KK put it- but in practice- I wouldn't personally want to pull that dude off!

And it was man on man too- there wasn't anyone else throwing in a few sneaky ones that i could see.

At the end of the day this guy showed no respect- a very stupid attitude (particulary Hawaii, esp Pipe)- and thats why I reckon he deserved it.

Plus I love the fact that KK posted a video of a bodyboarder smashing a standup! Hahahahaa!

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:24 pm

It's the North Shore. So it's not the 'right' way, but its just the way things seem to get sorted over there. The guy refused many warnings and still refused to exit the contest arena. Eventually a local kicked his arse. People stood around and watched it happen. Same old thing happened late last year to Dave Winchester who was publicly slapped silly by the Wolfpack for dropping in. It's about respect. You're on their turf and you play by their rules. Think how much you'd like it if your local was swamped (and i mean SWAMPED) every season by the world's best surfers. There needs to be a system in place, and this appears to be it. Show respect, get respect.

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:38 pm

kreepykrawly wrote:
dammit__01 wrote:why did u put a full stop in after your 3 question marks?
Why did you not start your sentence with a capital letter ?.

:lol: @ U.

Any glass panels left in your glass house ?.
:shock: you almost freaked me out BIG TIME! we are getting new windows for our house and when i read that i thought you are the old creepy guy who is doing it :lol:

i pride myself on terrible grammer what about you?

p.s. why did he snap the surfboard? i thought kanoi was the big surfer guy and the booger was the guy who tried to fight him?

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:52 pm

dammit__01 wrote: p.s. why did he snap the surfboard? i thought kanoi was the big surfer guy and the booger was the guy who tried to fight him?
:shock: Kianoa McGee is a well renowned hawaiian bodyboarder. I thought you rode a lid man. He also rides DK well and a stick.