i just watched a12 foot tiger pulled out of the nets off Av!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:15 pm

smnmntl wrote:
salty wrote:
the shackle wrote:photo stealing faker.
Huh, did I miss something here? Do tell
in my capacity as vortex-botherer-in-chief, allow me to DOB

vortex posted some water shots of a grunty little reef break claiming that they were his. When congratulated on the nice photos, he said Cool guys, glad you liked em. Turns out he nicked them from someone else's site. Since then he has toned down his bullshit annoying realer-than-real rootsy soul surfer act, but has ignored advice from RS forum members to go & get well & truly fked.

Subsequent investigation has confirmed that he lives in Emu Plains, has a big callus on his right hand and hasn't left his bedroom for three & a half years. Skin biopsies suggested that his last exposure to salt water was 1994 when he gargled some for a sore throat.
Flattered i still warrant the effort :wink:

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:50 pm

smnmntl wrote:
vortex wrote:Flattered i still warrant the effort :wink:
Again, :wink:

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:53 pm

smnmntl wrote:
vortex wrote:Flattered i still warrant the effort :wink:
ewww... did you guys see that...? he winked at me. Sorry vorty but if you think you can grovel your way back into favour by trying to crack onto your accusers, you've got another thing coming.

He WINKED at me. What a beeyatch.
Smnmntl V Vortex & KK V SSR. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny stuff!

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:04 pm

smnmntl wrote:
vortex wrote:
smnmntl wrote:
salty wrote:
the shackle wrote:photo stealing faker.
Huh, did I miss something here? Do tell
in my capacity as vortex-botherer-in-chief, allow me to DOB

vortex posted some water shots of a grunty little reef break claiming that they were his. When congratulated on the nice photos, he said Cool guys, glad you liked em. Turns out he nicked them from someone else's site. Since then he has toned down his bullshit annoying realer-than-real rootsy soul surfer act, but has ignored advice from RS forum members to go & get well & truly fked.

Subsequent investigation has confirmed that he lives in Emu Plains, has a big callus on his right hand and hasn't left his bedroom for three & a half years. Skin biopsies suggested that his last exposure to salt water was 1994 when he gargled some for a sore throat.
Flattered i still warrant the effort :wink:
ewww... did you guys see that...? he winked at me. Sorry vorty but if you think you can grovel your way back into favour by trying to crack onto your accusers, you've got another thing coming.

He WINKED at me. What a beeyatch.
Oh and btw, this is an example of that thing you're always accusing others of, oh what was it called again?... 'Baited'?

reggie

Post by reggie » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:44 pm

i want the red iceblock!!!! biatches!!!

Bear
barnacle

Post by Bear » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:45 pm

Gosh both smnmntl and vortex are little bitches! :lol:

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:16 pm

This thread started out being about 12 foot tiger sharks and now it's a catfight :roll:

savesealrocks
barnacle

Post by savesealrocks » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:45 pm

Bear wrote:Gosh both smnmntl and vortex are little bitches! :lol:

Gosh, they are too. :lol: :lol:

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:53 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:This thread started out being about 12 foot tiger sharks and now it's a catfight :roll:
See this is what happens when Chamberess and Jersey aren't online! Funny Jersey arrives in Sydney and Chamberess leaves the city.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:55 pm

How's THAT epic passive-aggressive clash of wills (C and J). Ol' Tigey wouldn't stand a chance.

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:24 pm

They're so much alike except for their surfing skill levels. I miss the midweek Springer /WWE Diva sessions.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:25 am

And a 2.3m great white pulled dead from the nets at Palmie during the week according to the Manly Daily today.

Might keep the crowds down if this keeps happening.

bringbackmacca
regular

Post by bringbackmacca » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:03 am

BA wrote:And a 2.3m great white pulled dead from the nets at Palmie during the week according to the Manly Daily today.

Might keep the crowds down if this keeps happening.
Where was that written? Surely they will ditch the nets soon

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:15 am

Page 7. They said it was dead when they pulled it up so they disposed of it "at sea". How many do the find that don't make it to the paper.

Me thinks plenty.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:20 pm

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:11 pm

Yep, the nets are just meant to mess up their electrical field I believe so they don't need to be from surface to sand.

And yes, they are not on every beach on every day. I guess if the nets were left there, shellfish, weed etc would start colonising and form like a mini reef. I think that's what they are getting at.

Nice thought.

mudguts
regular

Post by mudguts » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:26 pm

remember when that young fella got tangled in the nets and drowned up the goldy after a big storm dislodged them? was a fair few years ago.

fuck that

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:43 pm

BA wrote:Yep, the nets are just meant to mess up their electrical field I believe so they don't need to be from surface to sand.
No, ba, it's just meant to catch 'em. The nets do not interfere with the sharks' electrical field. They don't need to be from surface to sand because of the way in which sharks approach shallower waters. Sharks, especially bigger ones, swim low and deep when coming in toward the beach, giving themselves maximum sight range. (this is why you don't often see 'em, even though -- as the current evidence suggests -- they're there in spades.) They also tend to swim parallel to the shoreline, then turn and come in a few metres, then swim parallel again.

I bet some of these sharkies are a bit closer in due to the heavy weather and increasing fish numbers right now.