Shark

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

CaT_SPeW
charger

Post by CaT_SPeW » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:43 am

dUg wrote: 3 - 4m White Pointer surfaced a few meters between a bloke and the beach, then came up and gave him an ever so gentle nudge.
:shock: thats fucking scary as.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:59 am

I dunno,

might have ta give up the goatboatin' :? .

mj
regular

Post by mj » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:32 pm

I saw a bunch of smaller sharks at a surf beach when i was young which i ignored while playing on the rocks but that would scare the shite out of me the surfer. Imagine just seeing a school of those things ready to take a few bites on you, a helpless victim. I hate sharks!

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:50 pm

Try them with chilli sauce :oops:

CaT_SPeW
charger

Post by CaT_SPeW » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:16 pm

wow that goat boat photos scary too. when you hear "4-metre shark" it doesnt sound huge but when you look at that photo it sure puts it into context especially when they grow even bigger than that :shock:

SAsurfers
Grommet

Post by SAsurfers » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:05 pm

We had a 4 metre white pointer come up to a guy at a break down here in SA on Sunday then another 4 metre white pointer come up and make physical contact with a guy Monday morning. All at pretty popular breaks :shock:

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:26 pm

Here's one for the seal lovers
Not a fake either

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:40 pm

dUg wrote:Guys surfing Waits a lot lately ( and the fishos ) say they've seen this thing plenty of times in recent weeks - there's Salmon around and the first whales of the season are starting to come in.
I surfed Waits point on sunday arvo and afterwards watched a guy throwing his line into the rip and pulling out 5 snapper at a time :shock: can't really blame the sharks for hanging around when there's that much action... thank fek i'm back home to qld next tuesday!

Combs

Post by Combs » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:58 pm

I was a sparky and can tell you that getting an electric shock is just that. However I would much prefer my chances with the toaster than a shark.

Having said all that, I have been windsurfing during summer for a few years and took up surfing a few months ago. Always wanted to and there is a decided lack of wind in winter, when the surf is supposedly good.

You don't spend as much time in the water windsurfing, but I find smacking into really murky river water and then floating around trying to water start really earie. It is really nice floating around in nice clear sea water on my MiniMal even though it is only a mental prop.

mj
regular

Post by mj » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:15 pm

If you see fishoes on the shore near surfers be careful. They often burly up their bait which could easily lure sharks. I saw one bloke throwing burly off the south rocks at warriewood near a bunch of surfers. Made me want to hook and burly him up and go shark fishing.

Laurie McGinness
regular

Post by Laurie McGinness » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:30 am

Surfing South Curl Curl late one evening last week I saw a 2-3m shark swimming around behind the pool. I called everyone in. I've been surfing there for over forty years and I can't remember seeing one there before which just goes to prove something I'm not exactly sure of right now.