homebreaks

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

mattsphat
regular

homebreaks

Post by mattsphat » Sat May 27, 2006 2:50 pm

what is your homebrak or favorie break u have been to or break you want 2 go 2 one day.
Last edited by mattsphat on Mon May 29, 2006 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Sat May 27, 2006 3:25 pm

another great thread!

My fav. You drive up to Palm Beach on Sydney's Northern Beaches and then you go out at the North end of the beach and paddle right around the rocky point because its out of sight but theres a very thick a-frame break around there and its called Bumsteers. Be careful the locals like to make snotty boogers walk the plank and there's plenty of sharks there that would love to fry you and eat you from a KFc bucket and i'm just another gayc_nt who likes to spill beans about waves. Oh gosh i've said too much the locals will ream me next time they see me and they see me a lot because i own this break but yeah but no but yeah but no but ok i'm going seeya out there!

badfish_5446
regular

Post by badfish_5446 » Sat May 27, 2006 4:27 pm

Bumsteers is definitely my fave.

Hawkeye
barnacle

Post by Hawkeye » Sat May 27, 2006 6:06 pm

Notice how he names none of his own. :roll:

Note to PhatMatt: Naming breaks is NOT COOL. We're all well aware that there are almost no secret spots left, but there is no excuse for adding to the problem.

USE YOUR BRAIN. Say you've found a favourite break that's not so easily seen from the road and has some good banks at the moment - and it's relatively uncrowded. Would YOU want some goose posting it on the web, resulting in the mutant hordes invading the place? Result: fewer waves for you, and the ones you get are crap 'cos some hotshot is snavelling all the really good ones you had no trouble getting the day before.

THINK before you post, man.

gman
Grommet

Post by gman » Sun May 28, 2006 7:34 pm

My home breaks are > Wurtulla, Moffats and Ann Street
My favorite breaks are > The Platform, TOS and Wurtulla
Weird waves surfed > Maribu (Japan), Port Rush (Northern Ireland)

scot
regular

Post by scot » Mon May 29, 2006 10:07 am

home break -> snapper
(from the crowds out there i'm sure every one has heard of it already)

fav breaks surfed (in no particular order) -> jeffries bay, easties, rebounds, sharkies, snapper, shacks and the reef.

my favs arnt necessarily the best surf spots in the world but they stick in my mind as some of the best sessions i have had.

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Mon May 29, 2006 10:27 am

Homebreak is Bondi/Tamarama. Sometimes Bronte too.

Favourite breaks are Crescent Head, Lennox Head, Bower and pretty much any point break or non-Teahpoo type reefbreak that goes left or right.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon May 29, 2006 11:12 am

Home break is DY Point

Fav breaks are DY Point and XXXXXXXXXX and XXXX XXXXX
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

vortex
charger

Post by vortex » Mon May 29, 2006 11:35 am

Coops@DY wrote:Home break is DY Point

Fav breaks are DY Point and XXXXXXXXXX and XXXX XXXXX
Oh fark yeah!! XXXXXXXXXX is a ripper!!!

bozzo
Grommet

Post by bozzo » Mon May 29, 2006 12:07 pm

homebreak winki-pop/deadmans/bower (all in the same headland
forsure my fav is deadmans the thrill you get droppin in thr is sick!

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Mon May 29, 2006 12:39 pm

Tow-ins @ Woody Point absolute tops

surfin39
charger

fav spot

Post by surfin39 » Mon May 29, 2006 1:31 pm

Home spots are mainly Longy, Sth Narra and Mona Vale.

Favourite spot is 1hr 15mins from Cromer in good traffic.
Cannot be seen from any road. 10 mins walk on track and then beach from the nearest parking spot.
Can only be surfed between 1hr before high and 30 mins after. At low the reef is exposed and so is covered in barnacles and even oysters. You can’t even tell that there is a wave there at low.
Needs good wind conds and S/E swell, but only up to 4 feet. Bigger than 4 foot renders it un-rideable without occasioning death or worse.
You must take off inside the peak; there is no way of making it to the bottom otherwise.
When the wave hits the reef the water draws backwards at great speed and the face can nearly double in size, and the water drawing back flows over the edge of the reef make a pit, so you are surfing in a ditch.
The barrel, which is the only purpose of this wave, is extraordinarily big for the size of the original wave. A 4 foot wave turns fully overhead and you could fit a mid sized car in there. It is short, fast and loud, only about 10 seconds all up, but it can be 80% barrel.
My family had a holiday house at this spot until a few years ago so I got it regularly and with only 1 or 2 others, although for guys in the area it’s not really a “secret spot”.
When I know the conds are going to be just right I sneak off for the morning, but have never surfed it with more than 4 others, and during the week day, often no one.
If you know this spot you’re lucky, if you don’t…. sorry, I don’t feel good naming names here.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: fav spot

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon May 29, 2006 2:17 pm

surfin39 wrote:Favourite spot is 1hr 15mins from Cromer in good traffic.
Cannot be seen from any road. 10 mins walk on track and then beach from the nearest parking spot.
Maybe you should get a boat.

Homebreak: Newport and northern beaches area

Favourite spots: Outside Path, Burleigh, Angourie, Johanna, G-Land, Sunset Beach, P-Pass, Lances right, Lower Trestles(!), Mundaka

Place most want to surf but haven't yet: Safi, Morocco

harveybirdman
regular

Post by harveybirdman » Mon May 29, 2006 3:46 pm

Homebreak: The closest break to me would be North Gong Beach, but I can't remember the last time I surfed it.

Favourite spots: Oz Pipe, mystics is fun and pretty consistent, some spots down south.

Place i'd like to surf but haven't: Super suck.

KingOfFairlight

Post by KingOfFairlight » Mon May 29, 2006 4:15 pm

home breaks - manly, bower, freshy and ofcourse fairlight beach 8)

favourite (surfed) breaks - manly, trechery beach(seal rocks), angourie, bower/deadies(on a good day), green island, d-bah & snapper.

other favourite breaks - g-land, uluwatu, bells(when its on), kirra, queenscliff bombie, chopes, pipe n backdoor

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Mon May 29, 2006 5:40 pm

KingOfFairlight wrote:home breaks - manly, bower, freshy and ofcourse fairlight beach 8)

favourite (surfed) breaks - manly, trechery beach(seal rocks), angourie, bower/deadies(on a good day), green island, d-bah & snapper.

other favourite breaks - g-land, uluwatu, bells(when its on), kirra, queenscliff bombie, chopes, pipe n backdoor
u claim to have surfed pipe and backdoor, yet you surf fairlight? :roll:

KingOfFairlight

Post by KingOfFairlight » Mon May 29, 2006 6:30 pm

:roll: read the post again, you'll see 'favourite (surfed) breaks' which is pretty self-explanitory and obviously pipe and backdoor aren't there.

if it really really bothers you though gumby, say so and ill put a 'IHAVENOTSURFEDTHESESPOTS' or something somewhere on the 'other favourite breaks' section.

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Mon May 29, 2006 6:54 pm

home break little beach

favourite fingal bay