I fell in love at 8:10am this morning

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Chamberess
Owl status

I fell in love at 8:10am this morning

Post by Chamberess » Fri May 26, 2006 8:34 am

Bought ASL mag,flicked through and saw page 44 and 45 and stopped dead in my tracks...i was in love.

brenno05
Local

Post by brenno05 » Fri May 26, 2006 9:00 am

are u going to leave us all hanging chamberess??? :o

i need some closure.....

Chamberess
Owl status

Post by Chamberess » Fri May 26, 2006 9:02 am

maybe :oops:

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Fri May 26, 2006 9:05 am

This isn't for "General Section" unless you're gonna say you looked up and saw a whale or dlphin @ the Bra

Chamberess
Owl status

Post by Chamberess » Fri May 26, 2006 9:07 am

Shaunm wrote:This isn't for "General Section" unless you're gonna say you looked up and saw a whale or dlphin @ the Bra
actually it is,if im talking about falling in love with something i saw in a surfing mag,it can only mean one of two things:

1. waves
2.poster chick

and given i am not that way inclined,it is safe to say it is number 1.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri May 26, 2006 9:21 am

Ah ha, Chamberess is Nick Carroll’s alto ego and he/she is just trying to drive up sales of ASL :wink:

Chamberess
Owl status

Post by Chamberess » Fri May 26, 2006 9:26 am

yes,i'm not one to condone such blatant advertising but i no doubt had to name the mag so people knew what i was talking about.

Sometimes i wish they made a mag that was just all pics and no ads or articles :twisted: .he he he (no offence NC) But i guess thats what books are for.

In any case,all it takes is that one perfect shot to make you fall in love with surfing all over again and get you amped for your next surf.Then you rock up to your local with 2-3ft mush and you feel deflated again :cry:

Squidlips
barnacle

Post by Squidlips » Fri May 26, 2006 9:31 am

ok, ok....

so it was a picture of me alright.......

i know im hot but c'mon....... 8)

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri May 26, 2006 9:31 am

Chamberess wrote:all it takes is that one perfect shot to make you fall in love with ...
Shouldn’t you be looking at art books then? :roll: Maybe a trip through the galleries...

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri May 26, 2006 9:35 am

Hi Chamberess, very touching to hear a surf mag can still have that effect on a fellow surfer :)

and honestly risky, as if I would pretend to be someone else! I am surprised you have such a low opinion of a surf mag editor's morals :wink:

Chamberess
Owl status

Post by Chamberess » Fri May 26, 2006 9:36 am

Hmm,very rare i see a piece of art (in the medium of painting/drawing/sculpture) that arouses my interest.

Surf photography always makes me look in awe and be thankful that not all of nature has been destroyed by the greed and ugliness of urban development.

I always wonder though,whether those crystal blue waters i see are the result of photoshop.

Chamberess
Owl status

Post by Chamberess » Fri May 26, 2006 9:44 am

Nick Carroll wrote:Hi Chamberess, very touching to hear a surf mag can still have that effect on a fellow surfer :)

and honestly risky, as if I would pretend to be someone else! I am surprised you have such a low opinion of a surf mag editor's morals :wink:
Praise the Lord,It's a miracle!...NC is actually agreeing with something i have posted.Who da thunk it! :shock:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri May 26, 2006 9:56 am

Nick Carroll wrote: and honestly risky, as if I would pretend to be someone else! I am surprised you have such a low opinion of a surf mag editor's morals :wink:
Aye Nickitty, is ASL part of the EMAP behemoth?

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Fri May 26, 2006 11:15 am

Are you talking about those Hammerheads pics Chamberess? Hammerheads is out there :shock: There's a sick little dvd as well.

Alvin
Grommet

Post by Alvin » Fri May 26, 2006 11:23 am

Nick Carroll wrote:Hi Chamberess, very touching to hear a surf mag can still have that effect on a fellow surfer :)

Little off topic, but Nick, talking of the magazine, what do you reckon the more hardorce, dinky di Aussie readership of ASL would make of the "Technique" section of last month's edition...the one about learning to delay your turns...if they knew the photo sequence used to illustrate it was that of an English Surfer (Reuben Ash)? Never thought I'd see the day ASL used photos of Poms to show Aussies how to surf better. :lol:
vortex wrote:So 'Alvin', if that is your real name, when you can backflip above Shar Island's dry end section, surge, when its pushing 8 foot, then i might consider taking you seriously when you say sponging is 'easy'.

Chamberess
Owl status

Post by Chamberess » Fri May 26, 2006 12:15 pm

Meataxe wrote:Are you talking about those Hammerheads pics Chamberess? Hammerheads is out there :shock: There's a sick little dvd as well.
only bought it this morning so ill watch it when i get home.Its not hammerheads,its a "secret spot" on the south coast :roll:

Longboarder
regular

Post by Longboarder » Fri May 26, 2006 12:50 pm

To the comment about wishing there was a surf mag that was all pictures and no articles or ads, come on am i the only one that finds value in words. I think a story is just as good as any picture. Provided the writer has some clue.

mudguts
regular

Post by mudguts » Fri May 26, 2006 12:50 pm

i'd like to see the poster girls "secret spot"