Kookiest thing you have ever done

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

GRUB_88

Kookiest thing you have ever done

Post by GRUB_88 » Fri May 19, 2006 12:34 pm

hey i am a newbie on this whole forum bizzo so be nice ay. thought i would get the ball rolling with a new thread about ur fav kook stories. we all have our own little experiences that have made us feel lik absolute noobs.so spill em all.

il start with my own

i was surfing me local for a couple of hours was pretty hungover so i wasnt all there. was surfin like a bloody retard and was about to go in when i saw the set coming thru. felt abit of tension between me n this other bloke out there we were sorta competing the whoel time. so we both paddled fo this set he was on ths inside so pulled up but we were so close that his leggie got caught around my leg so as he was dropping in i was pulling him back off the wave. he turns around as though he was gunna deck me looks at me and we both laugh it off. got out and fecked off with my tail between me legs.

spotty
Local

racks

Post by spotty » Fri May 19, 2006 1:14 pm

I did'nt do this but a mate of mine swears it true. A Pommy backpacker recently bought some tie down racks from a Manly board store. He went away... but returned to buy another set. My mate obliged him but quizzed him as to why he needed 2 sets.... "oh they dont go right around the car" the pom said. My mate went outside to see what was up... The guy was trying to loop the straps RIGHT THE WAY ROUND THE CAR :shock: ... yes thats right... over the surfboard and UNDER the car :shock: . My mate reckons he kept a straight face and asked him how he was gonna get in the car... then the penny dropped. :lol:
"Surfing is 90% mental, the other half is physical."

"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly alright"... Jack Norris.

lizard king
Grommet

Post by lizard king » Fri May 19, 2006 1:26 pm

I must admit if I saty out toooo long and fatigue sets in I start to kook it up a bit ..... :D

But the best kook that I have ever seen turned out not to be a kook at all just pissed... a few years ago now I was surfing shelley beach/reef, just around the corner from Cronulla with a few good mates. We noticed these other blokes paddling out and one could not stay on his board, he finaly made it out to the break and tried to sit on his board but kept rolling over and ending upsidown with his legs around the board. One of the times he came up with a picture frame that he picked up from the reef - placed this over his face so that it framed his head turned around and took of on a set wave and just carved it up! - we coudn't believe it, then he had trouble paddling out again :D :D the year was about 1984..

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Fri May 19, 2006 1:48 pm

running back up to snapper at the superbank, got my legs caught in my leggie and tripped over.... :oops: (i was 11)

huz
regular

Post by huz » Fri May 19, 2006 1:50 pm

Went for a surf one summer in bordys and forgot my fone was in my pocket

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Fri May 19, 2006 2:05 pm

huz wrote:Went for a surf one summer in bordys and forgot my fone was in my pocket
ha ha ha

PdogH
regular

Post by PdogH » Fri May 19, 2006 2:16 pm

not waxing up enough and slipping off like a peanut or first surf of winter in ya steamer - cant do anything - feel like your in a straight jacket...

The Oracle
regular

Post by The Oracle » Fri May 19, 2006 2:28 pm

Was out lidding the north side of long reef - not sure of the names of the breaks out there, maybe Centuries??

Anyway, finished the sesh and couldn't be @rsed paddling in, so I thought maybe I could catch a gentle wave onto the rock shelf and simply walk across it, save myself the few-hundred metre paddle. It was only a couple of feet, not a big surf. I figured once the wave washed me onto the shelf, the water would just kinda dissipate and I could stand up no worries.

Weeelllll.....didn't quite work as planned. I got washed onto the shelf, absolutely grated (no wetty - dunno if this was a good or bad thing though), while my mate's sitting out there on his stick watching the whole thing unfold. Blood pissing everywhere. It was then I realised how sharp the shelf was, walked back in agony.

I'd love to see the video replay

Needless to say my mate paddled in, laughing so hard that he drove off LEAVING HIS BRAND NEW STICK IN THE CARPARK! Who's laughing now?! :D

Squidlips
barnacle

Post by Squidlips » Fri May 19, 2006 3:18 pm

EVERY time i walk out across a reef, i always look like a retard. :D

always fall down the biggest holes!!

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Fri May 19, 2006 3:47 pm

huz wrote:Went for a surf one summer in bordys and forgot my fone was in my pocket
i went for an entire session with my phone and wallet in my pocket :lol:

and also jumped into a pool with my brand new 3315, it was my 1st phone and i got it from chrissy and that was about all i got plus a few little things, boxing day jumped in a pool with it :cry:

i pulled off a wave at dy point :oops: and to make things worse i got sucked over the falls :cry:

marty
barnacle

Post by marty » Fri May 19, 2006 3:51 pm

The Oracle wrote: Needless to say my mate paddled in, laughing so hard that he drove off LEAVING HIS BRAND NEW STICK IN THE CARPARK! Who's laughing now?! :D
the rest of us, at you two :lol:.

kookiest thing. umm dunno, none reallyy stand out that much.
~not tying my leash to my plug properly, on a surf trip in the pacific.
paddled back out to the takeoff, stretched my arms and realised my leash was not attached to my board.
lucky the surf was small.

iliketoboogy
regular

Post by iliketoboogy » Fri May 19, 2006 4:07 pm

walking out on the rocks at winki on a pretty large day so there were tourists watching everywhere and i sliped onto a fat urchin then as i was trying to get my balance i fell straight on my back.. i heard a few laughs.. wansnt an enjoyable day had to get surgary to remove the sea urchin spines :oops:

2nd Reef
Harry the Hat

Post by 2nd Reef » Fri May 19, 2006 4:14 pm

When I was a real young tacker going for a surf at Sandon point. Sandon Boardriders had a comp on and warned me off surfing out the back. So I was just gonna surf the inside, but instead of paddling thru the hole in front of the shacks, I went to jump from the rockshelf about 50m up the point from the shacks.

I walked up to the edge, waited for a wave to cover the shelf below, then leapt. Alas, my leggie was caught around rocks. So as I projected out, my leggie pulled tight and my board went backwards from my hands. I hit the water without my board and immediately started getting washed down the point. But my leggie wasn't gonna come free and I was anchored to the shelf. Whenever a wave washed out I tried to stand up using my free leg, but the next wave would wash in and I'd lose me footing. Finally got to where the leggie was caught, set it free and started drifting down the point on my, now beat up, G&S twinnie.

All this to howls of laughter from the f*ckers in the comp tent.

savesealrocks
barnacle

Post by savesealrocks » Fri May 19, 2006 4:39 pm

smartarse rockoff with a couple of mates. tried doing a front- flip into the water holding onto my lid. faceplanted real bad on the board and blood was pissin everywhere from my nose. had to paddle in while all the dudes in the lineup laughed and pointed at me. feel like a tool at that break until this day.

having a white rashy at the time didnt help either.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri May 19, 2006 4:41 pm

I always stick my car key on a string around my neck and tuck it into my wetsuit.

The other weekend I had to use my wifes car which has a remote key lock buit into the key. Unlike my normal car which ahs the remote as separate. Not thinking I tied it round my neck went off to enjoy 2 and a half hours out in the water.

When I got back it dawned on me that I was using her car and the remote was now stuffed!

Luckily we have a spare at home so I changed over the remote head so she wouldn't notice as they cost about $100 or so to replace!

But the worst of it is some prick tried to steal her car a few weeks ago and stuffed up the central locking attempting it. :evil: So the key would only unlock the drivers door and start the car. (For some reason the remote unlocks all of them)

Needless to say I got some bizarre looks by others watching me trying to fit a 7ft 6 board in through the drivers door, over the steering wheel and into the passenger seat.

JuBu
regular

Post by JuBu » Fri May 19, 2006 4:49 pm

First day surfing ever and was mucking about in Bondi shorebreak. Get up while board is barely moving, board pings up between my knees, twists and slices a nice little gash above my right knee. Blood and mess everywhere, mate drives me to medical centre, 10 stitches and months of no surfing or football whilst it all heals.

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Fri May 19, 2006 4:50 pm

Hatchman wrote: Needless to say I got some bizarre looks by others watching me trying to fit a 7ft 6 board in through the drivers door, over the steering wheel and into the passenger seat.
smart thing wouldve been to unlock the back doors from the inside :wink:

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Fri May 19, 2006 5:18 pm

i was doing a rock jump at a particular point, and my friend took ages to jump, and by the time he had, this big set loomed...i balied back and flung myself onto a high rock....mustve looked silly.......

next rock jump that day, ran out across the shelf, and got my foot stuck in a hole....ha ha....JUST scraped over the top of thye set...he he.

Standing on the rock at the break jumping over the waves in between sets....mate jumps to late, gets dragged over the rocks back to the jumps off...ha ha