Kookiest thing you have ever done

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

petelev4
Local

Post by petelev4 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:51 pm

smnmntl wrote:Pulling back from a no-hoper too late & going over the falls sitting on your board takes some beating for kookiness. Come on, you know you've all done it. Apart from that, my most excruciating moments:

1: First day ever on a board, I'm like 11 years old or so. Kiddies Corner at Palmy - where else? Take off in the white water, struggle to my feet, wobble along completely out of control, run into a girl who's a few years older than me. She abuses the shit out of me, then leaves the water. Later, when I've had enough and hit the beach, she's sitting there with about 20 friends, and I hear her say "there he is...". Next thing I'm walking back to my friend's parents' car, with a large crowd of older kids following me, all chucking chips & Coke cans and yelling "westie... kook.... fk off.... dickhead.... wanker..." etc etc. Attracting lots of attention, heads are turning all along the beach and people are laughing. It was about a mile back to the car, and they followed me all the way. I guess I deserved it for being such a KOOK.

2: Scotland, early 1990s. Three of us walking across a field in our steamers & booties, to get from the road to the surf. Bunch of people watching from a picnic area, real curious because they said they'd never seen anyone surf before, so we've got an audience & feeling like we're pretty shit hot. Get to a wire fence, swing one leg over. Hello, it's an electric fence. For about half a second I'm straddling it with my balls on the wire. Next thing I'm on the other side, arms & legs & board everywhere, lying in a patch of thistles. Hysterical laughter from the audience in the picnic area. KOOK.

3: Rode a lid once. KOOK x 100
GAY.

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:53 pm

iggy wrote:this didnt happen to me... but this chick i know...
she drove her car to the shop to pick up groceries
then walked home because she completely forgot she drove there
got home and called the cops and reported her car stolen
because she thought she walked there to start with
:shock:
she goes to catch the bus to work the next day
(because seemingly without a car)
then sees her car :? and realises what a fapping mong she is :lol: :lol:
is she a blonde ?

crooked
Local

Post by crooked » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:52 pm

Yeh pete, although we had already established that in another thread!

Beerfan

kook

Post by Beerfan » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:09 pm

Taking this board out this morning. It's 5"7' x 19 1/2 x 2 3/4, 4 channel bottom thruster thats probably as old as me ( 26, i've had it for at least 12 years in the shed ). It got ripped off the car by a passing semi, got damaged, and just now i decided to bodgy it up and try to ride it. I usually ride a 7"6' minimal, and not all that great either hahah!. So, yeah, i paddled around looking a bit silly this morning!!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j157/ ... worthy.gif

vb
Local

Post by vb » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:23 pm

Passed a swim shop and they were selling a Speedo full face bathing cap-balaclava type thing which I thought would be pretty cool for open-eyed bodysurfing. Wrestled the thing on and must have looked like Spiderman on a bad trip, scaring the s... out of a few guys on the shorey as I swam out. Actually worked pretty well on the first wave but on the second I did a barrell roll and the thing ripped off. 65 bucks down the drain. Never bothered to wait and see if it drifted in

WANDERER
Owl status

Re: kook

Post by WANDERER » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:41 pm

Beerfan wrote:Taking this board out this morning. It's 5"7' x 19 1/2 x 2 3/4, 4 channel bottom thruster thats probably as old as me ( 26, i've had it for at least 12 years in the shed ). It got ripped off the car by a passing semi, got damaged, and just now i decided to bodgy it up and try to ride it. I usually ride a 7"6' minimal, and not all that great either hahah!. So, yeah, i paddled around looking a bit silly this morning!!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j157/ ... worthy.gif
what are ya talkin about?? i been well into the 70's and 80's boards recently... i thought i was lookin uber-cool???

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:54 pm

all of the above :!: except I've never accidently electrocuted me balls :?
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

scroopulis
Local

Post by scroopulis » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:55 pm

I've walked down to the waters edge and casually pushed the nose of my board into the sand while doin' up my leggy, only to have the nose snap off about 6 inches down the board.

Didn't I look cool......

petelev4
Local

Post by petelev4 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:05 pm

smnmntl wrote:
petelev4 wrote:
smnmntl wrote:Rode a lid once
GAY.
You said it.

But pete... let me offer you some advice on witty comebacks. When someone posts a wry, self-deprecating story about how they once acted, like, totally gay, then posting a reply that says GAY is redundant. And retarded.
it was in reference of the WHOLE comment you posted not for being a kook but for just being a homo.simple.

mic
regular

Post by mic » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:11 pm

couple of years ago cum in after a session out at the 'bra,ive lent my board up against the back of my ute while i got dry & changed into some dry clothes.not thinking ive jumped into my car reversed out & drove off got about 10 or 15 meters down the rode when i see this hot chick waving me down on the side of the rode while laughing,i stopped to see what was wrong ,she pointed behind me & said "i think you forgot something"..i looked in my rear veiw mirror to see some old lady holding up my board waving it in the air.....i reversed back to give a very embarasing thanks
Last edited by mic on Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rae
Local

Post by rae » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:28 pm

I was was going to teach a friend to surf and i wasnt much of a surfer but think that mattered, i had two boards so we were just going to muck around. We got out of a car and being the idiot i am i thought it'd be a great idea to rest the two boards (both mine) up against the car. i tripped, knocked one which knocked the other and they all crashed fantastically and i had to get two glassed in fis replaced off one - not cool for a 13 yr old with not much money - an fcs fin from the other, as well as fix a few dings. needless to say we didnt get to surf but i have never again rested a board up agasint something.

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:49 pm

Got to Yamba one arvo with a mate. Had a surf followed by a session on the piss at the pub. Staggered out of the pub and drove down the hill near Turners beach for a smoke. Windows were down and the mozzies were just killing us so I sprayed aeroguard around to kill the little bastards. The aeroguard was getting too much so I turn on the fan and then we be crash out in the front seat to awake next morning with a flat battery. The NRMA (it pays to belong) turn up next day and we get the car going. Later on I lock my keys in the car at the same spot and the NRMA guy turns up again to get us out of the shit again. Wonder what he was thinking.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:59 pm

:oops: two for you:

• water taxi across to Box Head with car key stowed in legrope pocket. Chuck board in water only to notice that the key flap looked like it just might have been open - it was... luckily the old VL was easy to get the back open and a hasty call to she who must be obeyed, “darling...”

• lowtide at the Bower, go to launch into water - boing - legrope around rock and face plant into shallow water... :D

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:11 pm

ric_vidal wrote::oops: two for you:

• water taxi across to Box Head with car key stowed in legrope pocket.
What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

You didn't paddle across ...................... :lol:

Getting soft .................. :wink: :lol:

scroopulis
Local

Post by scroopulis » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:19 pm

Actually, talking of Box Head, i once motored out to Boxy with a brand new anchor on board my boat. We decided that our spot was safe enough to moor and, in my excitement, threw the anchor overboard before tying it on to the rope.

Hawkeye
barnacle

Post by Hawkeye » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:23 pm

Ah, the legrope faceplant! Brings back (not so) fond memories. :lol:

Last year, rocking off at DY point. High Tide. Set comes. Whole platform is awash. I see my moment to scramble across and ... promptly step in one of those damn holes, both legs up to the knee.

No real damage done to board (whew), but lost some bark off my shin which later got infected, and the main knuckle on the big toe on my lead foot had this bloody big swollen lump for about six months that hurt like blazes whenever I caught my toe on the deck of the board gettin up.

Arrgh! Then I go to see the doctor, and she pulls out this whopping great horse needle and Smack! jabs it into the lump! :shock: Knuckles go white. Between grittted teeth I quietly ask "Errngh, What is that for?"

"Oh, I thought there might be some, you know, material in there we could draw out."

"And is there?"

"No."

"Hnnnnggggggh!!" :evil:

Hard_To_BeaT

Post by Hard_To_BeaT » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:58 pm

5 foot day at out at north narra...
was paddeling out after a killer wave when a bomb set hit.
ditched my board and dived under the wave, came back up to see my leash had snapped right off my board. :roll:
didnt help iether that my steamer had a recent hole in it and had filled up with water and i could barely swin let alone keep my head outa the water... seriously almost drowed that day because of it too.

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:02 pm

smnmntl wrote:1: First day ever on a board, I'm like 11 years old or so. Kiddies Corner at Palmy - where else? Take off in the white water, struggle to my feet, wobble along completely out of control, run into a girl who's a few years older than me. She abuses the shit out of me, then leaves the water. Later, when I've had enough and hit the beach, she's sitting there with about 20 friends, and I hear her say "there he is...". Next thing I'm walking back to my friend's parents' car, with a large crowd of older kids following me, all chucking chips & Coke cans and yelling "westie... kook.... fk off.... dickhead.... wanker..." etc etc. Attracting lots of attention, heads are turning all along the beach and people are laughing. It was about a mile back to the car, and they followed me all the way. I guess I deserved it for being such a KOOK.
Wait a minute ... THAT WAS YOU :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ive been feeling guilty about that since it happened last weekend.