May Dae, may Dae! (quick goodbye)

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

May Dae, may Dae! (quick goodbye)

Post by ric_vidal » Mon May 15, 2006 8:25 am

Received the following PM from Dae on Saturday...

you might of seen the latest news reports regarding our island neighbour. i'm off on the standby for that tomorrow morning. if you see that we all head off, say goodbye to everyone for me, there's an open time frame at the moment and the news will pretty much tell the public as we know it ourselves (edited)

I suspected where that might be and he confirmed by a follow-up - TIMOR. Not sure of his involvement but fair to say he’d be in the forces. I wish him, his compatriots and the Timorese well and hope for a peaceful resolution.

On a lighter note.... For those of you have been following the rise and rise of Virgin Surf, Dae has been sacked for insubordination and his attack on the management, well me actually :D a position has now become available...

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon May 15, 2006 10:23 am

Rockin' Ron wrote:We wish him all the best...

Now, given that I'm general manager and in charge of female staff liaison, I haven't been consulted and am starting to question the chain of command and the dictatorial tendencies of one Ricardo...whose creativity has left his title unclear...

Never leave creative types in charge, it'll all go to shit...
Well that explains my business :roll:

Now Offshore, who’s all the way offshore, understands my/his role and you haven’t struck me as being slow on the uptake, I’m reasonably benevolent, sooooo... have you seen our :oops: your latest appointment http://forum.realsurf.com/forum/viewtop ... 543#125543 wonder if the head matches :twisted:

Ewes (where is Munch anyway?) distracted me again RR, this is about Dae...

CaT_SPeW
charger

Post by CaT_SPeW » Mon May 15, 2006 11:36 am

i wish him the and all the troops the best. my sister's unit in the air force is currently on stand-by for deployment to Timor, just found out last night when i called home for mothers day

Chamberess
Owl status

Post by Chamberess » Mon May 15, 2006 12:59 pm

he told me when he found out the other nite and mentioned you would put up a formal farewell on his behalf ric.Not the best of news.Thoughts and prayers go out to him,cat's sister and their colleagues.

Makes you wonder what some idiot will do on 06/06/06 (day after my birthday)

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Tue May 16, 2006 6:48 am

All the best Dae, and good to see little Johnnie doing his bit to increase the numbers of the RSL ......... :wink:

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed May 17, 2006 2:03 pm

Take care Dae and tell us if you see any surf :)

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Sat May 20, 2006 4:07 pm

Thanks McRic for putting this up.

Thanks guys for the kind words, we kinda picked up and left in a rush so things got a little hectic for me and everyone else.

Got a chance to get to a comp and actually see the outside world briefly. Anyone reading the papers has a better idea than most, hope to be surfing sometime soon.

mudguts
regular

Post by mudguts » Sat May 20, 2006 4:37 pm

i think almost every unit in the army is on stand by for this at the moment.

but while we are on this subject lets spare a thought for the boys already out doing the hard yards in iraq and afghan. They are not on stand by, they are out there in harms way on a daily basis.

Take a look at the reports in the news at the moment. There are massive bombings in iraq, and talk of the heaviest fighting in years in the ghan, not a good place to be right now.And we dont even hear an eighth of what really happens!

Every morning when i turn on sunrise before work i worry and wait for that dreaded moment that they announce the death or injury of one of our soldiers, and i pray to never hear it again.

My thoughts go out to them and there families and i pray that they all come home safely.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Sat May 20, 2006 4:45 pm

looking for you next Anzac Day in George St digger - keep the head down mate

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Sat May 20, 2006 6:18 pm

Dae wrote:Thanks McRic for putting this up.
Pleasure tin man! Got to be good for something other than steering Virgin Surf, to be honest business hasn’t been going that well since you were fired so we may have to negotiate a new contract. :D

God’s speed, Dae. I want someone to explain what that means to me one day...

fong

Post by fong » Sat May 20, 2006 6:51 pm

ric_vidal wrote:
quickly too him (god ) if u lose the battle......or quickly home to strength he lives in u family....if the war carries on :cry:

dae.....your up 8) it's wat u do.....we all behind u ( some the boogie guys in a bit of suspect way....careful with the soap:lol: )
u know......all our love and support :oops:
mudguts.....just on your post....i can understand afgan....mayb...just....iraq is a joke :arrow: our diggers are on the line over there so our current p.m can get a nice dinner in washington :x

oh and of course.....to keep our fuel prices low....and sell our wheat 4 kickbacks :evil:

i have no problem with the GOOD WORK our troops do restoring peace in our part the world :!:

but our best are in the middle east.....fightin other peoples ILLEAGEAL wars.......hmmmmm.......anyone know anything of oz forces in ww2.....how history repeats :cry:

p.s don't just back our involvement guys.....question it...look at it.....someone stands make money out all this....and diggers blood on there hands they couldn't care less..............or get right body sent home :x

p.p.s beware the mark of cain :cry:

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Sun May 21, 2006 8:20 am

Mudguts - you don't have all the story mate and you won't in the future, but agree with you re the boys in the middle east. If all goes to plan I'll be there soon, and though some will disagree, I want to experience it.

Fongles, you know better than most, enjoy your well earned lifestyle. Just stay away from ebay :wink:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Sun May 21, 2006 7:44 pm

fong wrote:
ric_vidal wrote:
quickly too him (god ) if u lose the battle......or quickly home to strength he lives in u family....if the war carries on :cry:
Thank you Father Fong, you never cease to amaze. :D
I prefer my wife’s sign-off ‘with love and light’

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Mon May 22, 2006 8:00 am

ric_vidal wrote:Ewes (where is Munch anyway?) distracted me again RR, this is about Dae...
busy with work and kid and just can't keep up with whats happening on here :?
soaphie wrote: p.s don't just back our involvement guys.....question it...look at it.....someone stands make money out all this....and diggers blood on there hands they couldn't care less..............or get right body sent home Mad
Yeah I agree totally :arrow: just don't use it as a reason to bag our boys and gals doin the hard yards :x I was on HMAS Sydney before they went to Iraq (as a civy) and work with a whole bunch of ex navy guys and they do it tough being seperated from their families for such long periods of times. When I saw the people demostrating against em when they were going off to iraq I couldn't help but feel bloody sad for em :arrow: like as if they want to go and leave their famlies and they had to deal with people attacking them for going :x it's got nuthin to do with them it's their job, blame "bald - not prutty" johnnie and his friends :arrow: even better do somethin about it.

and since an election is coming and there normally won on the mighty dollar (unless of course you can scare the public with terroism, children overboard ... ) I'll chuck this in for some good reading:

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2006/s1633667.htm

p.s I think political correctness is unaustralian :?

p.p.s hope all goes well for youse dae :wink: :arrow: hey youse might even find some waves up around those parts if you get the time :D
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

mudguts
regular

Post by mudguts » Mon May 22, 2006 8:49 am

have you done any time in the defence force dinosaur?

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon May 22, 2006 10:20 am

grabbing other people's natural resources and thus denying them economic independence but ensuring continuing poverty, underdevelopment and social unrest: australian or un-australian?