May Dae, may Dae! (quick goodbye)

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri May 26, 2006 11:48 am

The Dan wrote:wanna take a punt at who are the biggest arms dealers in the world Spoon?
I've quoted 'im before, and I'll quote 'im again.

None other than WWII Supreme Allied Commander and then US president, Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower, warned the country (and the world)upon leaving office to 'beware of the military/industrial complex.'

Which has taken on a life of it's own, reached critical mass as it were, and lives worldwide now as a virulent cancer.
Who would know better than he?

mudguts
regular

Post by mudguts » Fri May 26, 2006 12:42 pm

bad luck about missingt out dae.
bet it was something stupid like not having been to the dentist or something stupid. but they have airn for a reason.....
what unit are you with?

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Fri May 26, 2006 2:24 pm

cursed unbeliever, smnmntl!

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Fri May 26, 2006 2:28 pm

smnmntl wrote:Sorry, but as soon as someone signs up for the armed forces, they're signing up to be used as a pawn by their political masters. And if they don't realise that, then they're pretty thick. I feel sorry for the troops being separated from their families & all that, but you can't just lay all the blame at the feet of the Prime Miniature. These guys take the job knowing full well they could be called on to do dirty work.
I think youse could use the same argument for anyone who pays taxes cause you know where know where your dollar is going :arrow: so your just a pawn too aren't you :!: Your paying for it :!: and I didn't and don't just blame the "Prime Miniature" ( ;) ) and his friends, I blamed us the voters.

For the people who are doing "the dirty work" ( and do youse include samoa/east timor .... and all the other good work that our armed forces are doing as dirty :?: ) I'm guessing that hardly any of them signed up hoping to fight illegal wars that our fine goverment has embroiled us in. They put trust in "US" to vote in a goverment that doesn't send em to war for unethical reasons and "WE" let them down and have voted in a Bushs puppet way to many times.

We need an armed forces (even when you minus the percieved need that our current goverement has created), we aren't NZ, we are as oldman put it;
oldman wrote:we have a number of countries who have We are in an interesting position in Australia, surrounded by a lot of political basket-cases.
who we need to protect ourselves against and "try" to help stabalise .... sorry gotta head may finish this later ;)
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri May 26, 2006 6:16 pm

Probably just a plot by the ABC to promote “Answered By Fire” :wink: talking about synchronisity :shock:

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Fri May 26, 2006 6:43 pm

close mudguts. But I'm airn compliant, and then some.

I'll draw a close to this thread if I'm able. It started as a quick goodbye in a frenzied rush, only to turn out to be a laboured wait, then disappointing end, wasn't intended to shine any light on me in anyway apart from the goodbye.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri May 26, 2006 7:38 pm

Dae wrote: I'll draw a close to this thread if I'm able. It started as a quick goodbye in a frenzied rush, only to turn out to be a laboured wait, then disappointing end, wasn't intended to shine any light on me in anyway apart from the goodbye.
Oi Tinman, who died and made you boss :twisted: we’ll finish you, I mean this, when we are good and ready :D

I the meantime your mission 8) is to look after yourself, your comrades and come back and give us some forum grief. :wink:

fong

Post by fong » Fri May 26, 2006 10:01 pm

yeah......shhhhhhutttttup dae :arrow: jeeze u give a guy a gun and he carrys on :D

just to further stir this thread :P u know how our g'verment raves on about not wanting a unstable nation as a neighbour :( me thinkus the indo's kinda feel the same way :idea:

now theres some bait :arrow: any takers :?:

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Fri May 26, 2006 10:31 pm

fair enough fic and rong, I'm back, keep this bloody thread going then, and I'll take my old position back at Virgin Surf unless it's been run into the ground either by management or by putting fong in charge of aquisitions (imagine fong running in circles whooping and yelling "bid! bid! bid!" while putting ebay into meltdown)

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sat May 27, 2006 3:46 am

Dae wrote:putting fong in charge of aquisitions (imagine fong running in circles whooping and yelling "bid! bid! bid!" while putting ebay into meltdown)
to: Worldwide office of Virgin Surf (ric-vidal's garage) STOP
Urget transoceanic telegraph! STOP

Just recieved five container loads of trombones, three of samuri swords, and a banjo and a crab trap. STOP
Have flooded the US market. STOP
Please make fong STOP.

offshore1
Seppo Rep

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Sun May 28, 2006 8:05 am

Getting back to Dan can I have a guess and say arms dealers=USA
Fong I am sure I have a mate who can do you a deal on some really good pogo sticks, cause they are gonna come back. :lol:
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Sun May 28, 2006 4:24 pm

Dae wrote:fair enough fic and rong, I'm back, keep this bloody thread going then, and I'll take my old position back at Virgin Surf unless it's been run into the ground either by management or by putting fong in charge of aquisitions (imagine fong running in circles whooping and yelling "bid! bid! bid!" while putting ebay into meltdown)
Well, well, well, come crawling back with the tail between your legs! Well fic off. Virgin Surf went into a spiral of decay when you stole the company secrets, both of them. Off1 was only interesting in waxing Reef girls, God only knows why? Rong, the little gold digger, disappeared into the never never only to return with news of more lost revenue. I could go on...

New company starting soon Virgin Ebay, bid, buy or bet. Prospectus out soon if you register with Rong.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Sun May 28, 2006 4:33 pm

fong wrote: just to further stir this thread :P u know how our g'verment raves on about not wanting a unstable nation as a neighbour :( me thinkus the indo's kinda feel the same way :idea:
Come on Fongy you don’t believe that.

Yes there may be more to any situation than meets the eye, but they have requested help and I would rather we were there than some other nation. I think our track record is pretty good.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Sun May 28, 2006 8:39 pm

Give us some details of our track record, Ric! Convince us!

chucknorris
Grommet

Post by chucknorris » Sun May 28, 2006 9:08 pm

Lucky Al wrote:Give us some details of our track record, Ric! Convince us!
ur a kcuffin wanker yer nippon sukkin knobjockey

chucknorris
Grommet

Post by chucknorris » Sun May 28, 2006 10:20 pm

dinosaur wrote:
chucknorris wrote: ur a kcuffin wanker yer nippon sukkin knobjockey
really raising the level their chukky boy. Have you got merkins number? you guys should hook up
Kcuff him, kcuff you. is this losercentral or what.

And dinosor-hey you Kiwi bro?

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon May 29, 2006 7:19 am

Lucky Al wrote:Give us some details of our track record, Ric! Convince us!
Al, you know you’re not meant to ask that, but I’ll throw a question back at you so you can convince me of some miscarriage of justice.

Where have we done something militarily wrong that we should be ashamed of?

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon May 29, 2006 7:23 am

chucknorris wrote: Kcuff him, kcuff you. is this losercentral or what.
CN, if you’ve got a contribution, make it :roll: if not, move on.