Interesting Trends

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Wed May 10, 2006 4:10 pm

Meataxe wrote:Let's not think about this anymore.

still here
charger

Post by still here » Wed May 10, 2006 4:18 pm

"crisp" is how you wish your board was ......and would be , if only you'd rinsed it everytime . "Crisp" is how your mates brand new board feels compared to your own "dull" board after 4 years non rinsing that now feels like a big dusty cos lettuce instead of a freshly rinsed iceberg .

"Crisp" is not the same as "crispy" .
"Crispy" is used in describing the piss stinking salt encrusted old steamer that cracks on hauling it out of the tool shed from last winter .....unrinsed ....EG . like , "shit this suits so "crusty" it's "crispy" " .

"Crisp" is like an apple plucked from the foothills of the Snowy and freshly rinsed . In moutain water . "Crisp" is fresh , and whats fresher than "crisp" ?

surfin39
charger

Post by surfin39 » Wed May 10, 2006 4:18 pm

Always use a board cover and so when possible wash the salt off the board to stop the cover smelling and rotting.
Fins down is so lunatics can car surf while drunk.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed May 10, 2006 4:38 pm

still here wrote:"crisp" is...and whats fresher than "crisp" ?
Fresh I guess, so what’d I win. :D

Poetry ‘still here’ :lol:

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Wed May 10, 2006 4:40 pm

wash it so my cover doesnt get white spots that looks like seamen :wink:

and i always managerto get my board covered in sand from me to the carpark where i wash sand off my feet

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed May 10, 2006 5:05 pm

dammit__01 wrote:wash it so my cover doesnt get white spots that looks like seamen :wink:
They’d be the ones from the submarine I guess.

Damn it dammit, learn to spell :D

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Wed May 10, 2006 6:37 pm

ric_vidal wrote: Damn it dammit, learn to spell :D
SOUTH PARK JUST CONFUSED ME BECAUSE OF SEAMEN AND SEA PEOPLE = SEA SOSIETY SO I WASNT TO SURE HOW IT WAS SPELT :lol:

IM CAPS LOCK CAUSE OLDCOMPUTER BROKEN

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Wed May 10, 2006 6:59 pm

dammit__01 wrote:
ric_vidal wrote: Damn it dammit, learn to spell :D
SOUTH PARK JUST CONFUSED ME BECAUSE OF SEAMEN AND SEA PEOPLE = SEA SOSIETY SO I WASNT TO SURE HOW IT WAS SPELT :lol:

IM CAPS LOCK CAUSE OLDCOMPUTER BROKEN
society

reggie

Post by reggie » Wed May 10, 2006 7:59 pm

BA wrote: Warning for you here kids. Don't do drugs. See what it can do to you. LSD seemed like fun at the time Still Here, didn't it.
thats rich....

Rehab is for quitters, and no-one likes a quitter.

contradiction is a mother of a thing

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed May 10, 2006 10:34 pm

Dunno Dino if my memory serves me well the said skin heads would probably have wallowed in it :? :? :?
Those boneheads were the demise of an era. Low life, pack attacking scum. Rolling drunks for fun and abusing women.
Three of the pricks had a go at me after I'd been on the piss at the Trade Union Club one time.

Returning to the important question of salt.
I remember hearing on the radio one time that surfers should watch how much salt they eat because they swallow so much in the surf :P

Ever soaked an old wetsuit in fresh water for 15minutes?
It becomes three times more elastic and "crisp" :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Hitcher

Post by The Hitcher » Thu May 11, 2006 5:36 am

You guys have showers on the beachs, 5hit you got it made. Next you`d be telling me you have life guards too. Wash the wettie when i get in, in fresh water but the board stays as it came out of the water. Covered in sand salt seaweed and the odd floating turd. O i surf uk waters, cold, weak and full of turds, just what a growing boy needs. :lol:

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Thu May 11, 2006 6:16 am

Rockin' Ron wrote:Here's one from left field, salt is a preservative in some cases, I realise that applies to food but it's just as tenuous.
We are sort of a food group for Noah's ................. :shock: :lol:

And full agree with your comments Rockin Ron and would like to add what are you going to do when water restrictions require the showers to be turned off permanently like what happens up here :?:

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu May 11, 2006 9:01 am

The Hitcher wrote: O i surf uk waters, cold, weak and full of turds, just what a growing boy needs. :lol:
You should come down south to Gunnamatta on the Victorian East Coast if you come here for a holiday. You'll feel right at home there. A sewer outfall pipe sits 1km offshore, on a nice southerly breeze you can smell Melbourne's shit for miles. :shock:

Jamoe
Local

Post by Jamoe » Thu May 11, 2006 9:11 am

I havent noticed the boards fins down, but I have seen a lot with boards tied on fins at the front.
I'm sure it probably makes no difference, at all, but it just doesnt look right

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu May 11, 2006 8:31 pm

Johnno wrote:
Rockin' Ron wrote:Here's one from left field, salt is a preservative in some cases, I realise that applies to food but it's just as tenuous.
We are sort of a food group for Noah's ................. :shock: :lol:

And full agree with your comments Rockin Ron and would like to add what are you going to do when water restrictions require the showers to be turned off permanently like what happens up here :?:
Well Johnno, when we did have water restrictions and no showers everyone just walked around covered in salt and sand till the showers were turned back on :roll: :roll:

Asian tourists are the best with showers. They will stay there for 15 minutes even if theres a cue a mile long and thats just doing their feet :shock: :shock:
I guess its all just relative.

The Hitcher

Post by The Hitcher » Fri May 12, 2006 8:01 am

Hatchman,. nice to see we`re not the only ones with a polution problem. :cry:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri May 12, 2006 9:11 am

Beanpole wrote: Asian tourists are the best with showers. They will stay there for 15 minutes even if theres a cue a mile long and thats just doing their feet :shock: :shock:
Yes, they do have a different approach :evil: